Will Fran Brown and crew be the | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Will Fran Brown and crew be the

I think a lot of people forget that Fran Brown reached out to Syracuse for this job

Why??? Because low key, and he’s semi mentioned it before, Syracuse was/is his dream job.

He wanted to be a HC of a P5 team in the North East and can’t stand Penn State.

Now, if Rutgers came calling, might be a different scenario.
I think we can all root for Greg Schiano to remain the Rutgers coach for the next decade.

if this recruiting continues like it is especially the transfer portal pulls, we arent going to have Fran for long unless JW throws the baggggggggggg at him

I find it telling that HCFB repeatedly referenced George Deleone (and therefore, Pasqualoni) - those who "stayed the distance" - in his introductory comments after being hired. Deleone in particular was hammered by SU fans for lacking creativity in the offensive scheme, yet he stayed.
Given Brown's continued recruiting success, the devotion his coaches (and players) have exhibited toward him (leaving storied programs at Georgia, Texas A&M, NY Giants) to join him here, I believe he is more genuine than a guy who will jump ship for an extra million or five.
I don't mean my next words as a slap, but when you say that you wouldn't blame him for leaving after 1-3 years, it's apparent that your comments reveal more about you than about Coach Brown. I can't see this guy being so disloyal to those he convinced to join him at SU, both students and adults.
What’s stuck out to me this spring is the admiration & respects all the coaches have for him. Some of them cold calling for a position on the staff. Once we are successful on the field and some of the top assistants leave for their own HC jobs, assistants will be lining up for spots on the staff. He could be starting his own legendary coaching tree right now. We will be acquiring talent both on the field & on the sidelines. There’s a good likelihood of this happening & it’s wild to me!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom