Will Fran Brown and crew be the | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Will Fran Brown and crew be the

And what, he's not using a single connection or relationship he's made during his career, including with ESPN, to get this off the ground?

What do you want? Every Cuse FB game on national TV, primetime? The ACC to have a daily Jim Boeheim Show?

And with dealings being made, why and how the heck would we the public be privy to this? The perception of this from other schools, even totally legal conversations, would be massively negative for Cuse. C'mon now.

Sigh...All I said was at this point there has been nothing appreciable and nothing to indicate that his prior work relationship with ESPN has benefitted SU. Hell, we can't even get ESPN to relook at the ACC contract to, I don't know, save the damn conference. Or maybe there are secret, back door dealings that ESPN, the administration and anyone with knowledge has kept a tight lid on it and not leaked it. Maybe this changes in the future but right now, everything we know, his prior work relationship hasn't been the big deal we thought it would be.

Anyone else feel sad that we may have a really good resurgence in football just as the traditional conferences will soon be decimated?

Anyone else feel sad that we may have a really good resurgence in football just as the traditional conferences will soon be decimated?
Meh, in my mind, Syracuse is an Eastern football independent.

Last edited:
Fran will leave if he is successful. Naivety is fun but he will have an elegant out if he goes to a BIG or SEC team and explain challenges of being at a non super league.

I don’t believe him 1% on forever job. I would say his time on the hill will be 1-3 years max.

Fran will leave if he is successful. Naivety is fun but he will have an elegant out if he goes to a BIG or SEC team and explain challenges of being at a non super league.

I don’t believe him 1% on forever job. I would say his time on the hill will be 1-3 years max.
You think there’s a possibility he leaves after the upcoming season?

You also had the ACC dead 4-5 years ago and here we are... ;)

You think there’s a possibility he leaves after the upcoming season?
with everything going on in college football, can you look at yourself in the mirror and think that anyone will do the loyalty thing if there is more money, better opportunity, higher profile conference calling? I think it would take a 10 win season but sure.

He's not going to be here long time. Not sure why anyone would think otherwise. I don't blame Fran either. I would do the same thing if I was him. Just trying to be realistic here.

Fran said he would coach here for 10 years. I wouldn't be angry (upset, yes) if he took a better paying job to secure his families future but his whole life has been built on his credibility. You can call me naive but I think he follows through with his promise.

Fran said he would coach here for 10 years. I wouldn't be angry (upset, yes) if he took a better paying job to secure his families future but his whole life has been built on his credibility. You can call me naive but I think he follows through with his promise.
I'm positive he believes that now but he has to manage an entire staff of guys who make a ton less than Fran. If the bag is dropped he has to think of those guys as well.

It's just unreasonable to keep these guys at their word. Alot of stuff at play. Plus, I don't ever believe coach speak. Marrone was full of it (and he was an alum).

Only guy I think would have stayed the distance is Pasqualoni. He seemed to be all in on Syracuse. Perhaps only Penn St would have swayed him

I'm positive he believes that now but he has to manage an entire staff of guys who make a ton less than Fran. If the bag is dropped he has to think of those guys as well.

It's just unreasonable to keep these guys at their word. Alot of stuff at play. Plus, I don't ever believe coach speak. Marrone was full of it (and he was an alum).

Only guy I think would have stayed the distance is Pasqualoni. He seemed to be all in on Syracuse. Perhaps only Penn St would have swayed him
I tend to agree, I mean isn't all of big time college football ( players, coaches etc) based on a 1 year commitment at this point regardless of coaching contracts, there is always a way out. Everything changes once every season comes to an end, I don't think you can count on any of it for more than August through December.

Nothing would surprise me but I think if Fran is successful here, he would be here 2-3 years, IMO

The negativity amoung some fans is insane. Fran may or may not be here for ten years but let’s just enjoy the uptick before some of you all want to bring it down.
Right?!?! Lol

I come here on a nice Monday. Warm cappuccino in my office. We got a New coach. Spring Game is in 6 days. Hill is buzzing. Even new podcast companies are opening on Marshall St.

What do I see:

"Fran is leaving first chance he gets, rabble rabble!"

The negativity amoung some fans is insane. Fran may or may not be here for ten years but let’s just enjoy the uptick before some of you all want to bring it down.
it's a message board and we speculate. I'm all in on Fran. I'm also realistic about rugs and being pulled out.

Nothing wrong with speculating. If we go 2-10, Wildhack should wonder why and put him on a short leash as well with all the talent coming in. It's day to day in college sports now. Zero loyalty, zero build out.

it's a message board and we speculate. I'm all in on Fran. I'm also realistic about rugs and being pulled out.

Nothing wrong with speculating. If we go 2-10, Wildhack should wonder why and put him on a short leash as well with all the talent coming in. It's day to day in college sports now. Zero loyalty, zero build out.
Stop it! Lol.

(I totally get this thinking...this fanbase gets a knack for being a bunch of Debbie downers, HCFB even acknowledges we all deserve something better, especially the long time local fans. He's really trying right now.)

Let's enjoy the year.

Stop it! Lol.

(I totally get this thinking...this fanbase gets a knack for being a bunch of Debbie downers, HCFB even acknowledges we all deserve something better, especially the long time local fans. He's really trying right now.)

Let's enjoy the year.
I’m going to enjoy it. Just saying it’s a different sport vs 10 years ago

Stop it! Lol.

Let's enjoy the year.
How about let’s just enjoy the summer. Once the first game hits… it sure as hell won’t be as tranquil as this one way or another.

My neighbors built their "forever" home. They hosted some very nice parties throughout the year and they enjoyed the neighborhood.
Someone offered them 6 million for their home and now I have new neighbors. The old neighbors moved without knowing where they would end up.
Don't think for a minute that a pile of money won't change Fran's mind.
If he does what we hope he does, he will need to be paid.
Why would they ever leave Dewitt?

Syracuse is already giving him life changing money. If he stays for the initial contract and gets bumps for exceeding performance metrics...his family is set.

He strikes me as a guy who is smart enough to invest a chunk of his salary for the future.

Are you that much happier with a $10M vs $20M net worth in 2028?

He can make the playoffs 2 times in a decade and they'll build him statue. At LSU or USC you'll get fired.

our program was going nowhere
we literally win the football powerball with this guy
we have a top 10 recruiting class so far for 2025

and we are complaining already without one game being played because he may leave if hes successful

or

may get fired if he bombs in year one

you really cant make this up

I find it telling that HCFB repeatedly referenced George Deleone (and therefore, Pasqualoni) - those who "stayed the distance" - in his introductory comments after being hired. Deleone in particular was hammered by SU fans for lacking creativity in the offensive scheme, yet he stayed.
Given Brown's continued recruiting success, the devotion his coaches (and players) have exhibited toward him (leaving storied programs at Georgia, Texas A&M, NY Giants) to join him here, I believe he is more genuine than a guy who will jump ship for an extra million or five.
I don't mean my next words as a slap, but when you say that you wouldn't blame him for leaving after 1-3 years, it's apparent that your comments reveal more about you than about Coach Brown. I can't see this guy being so disloyal to those he convinced to join him at SU, both students and adults.

I think a lot of people forget that Fran Brown reached out to Syracuse for this job

Why??? Because low key, and he’s semi mentioned it before, Syracuse was/is his dream job.

He wanted to be a HC of a P5 team in the North East and can’t stand Penn State.

Now, if Rutgers came calling, might be a different scenario.

I think a lot of people forget that Fran Brown reached out to Syracuse for this job

Why??? Because low key, and he’s semi mentioned it before, Syracuse was/is his dream job.

He wanted to be a HC of a P5 team in the North East and can’t stand Penn State.

Now, if Rutgers came calling, might be a different scenario.

You lost me at DREAM JOB ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom