Will Judah run it back again? (again) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Judah run it back again? (again)

Yes, the team needs to grow, and if Judah comes back it will again be about Judah. He isn't Sherm, or any of our other point guards and never will be.

Yeah but neither are the options who would replace him. How does less talent on the court make us better?

I’d understand if it was his play holding us back, but his play is the biggest reason we don’t have a losing record right now.

I don’t think he’s going to be drafted this year. My guess is he’ll try and transfer to a Tournament team

I don’t think he’s going to be drafted this year. My guess is he’ll try and transfer to a Tournament team

There’s a strong likelihood we’re a tourney team next year.

If you’re saying he’ll go to a no doubt tourney team, how many of those will have 30+ minutes available at PG?

I can’t understand why the Board is so tough on Judah. He’s the most talented player we’ve had in a while and he’s the reason we’re not in the pits this year. Also a good kid. I understand he needs to work on things for NBA and I have no problem with that discussion, but he gets nearly more complaints than our do-nothing forwards which is wild to me.

I can’t understand why the Board is so tough on Judah. He’s the most talented player we’ve had in a while and he’s the reason we’re not in the pits this year. Also a good kid. I understand he needs to work on things for NBA and I have no problem with that discussion, but he gets nearly more complaints than our do-nothing forwards which is wild to me.
It's people looking for someone to blame for our place in the basketball world. It isn't Judah's fault. We would be so much worse without him. Now that JJ has found his game, with Brown and Freeman, if Judah came back, we are a small forward away from being pretty damn good.

There’s a strong likelihood we’re a tourney team next year.

If you’re saying he’ll go to a no doubt tourney team, how many of those will have 30+ minutes available at PG?
Guess we’ll just have to see. I’d love it if we’re back next year. Think there will need to be a lot of roster fixes.

he's a great player. puts up great stats.

but it is possible for a player to be indivdually great while also not improving their team's winning percentage very much.

If Judah continues to be "the leader" of the Orange...either he's going to have to better adapt to that actual role...or the team's ceiling is going to be questionable, imo

building a better roster around him could help a lot...but I still would have a lot of reservations with him being "the man" again next season...esp at the expense of a more balanced team.

Im not convinced Judah can be "the man" on a top ranked NCABB team.

I love watching Judah, mostly, ...great player...but, given how this season has gone, it surprises me that an SU fan couldnt understand why the board is tough on the leader of this team (a team that has had a void of leadership)

If Judah des come back it makes it pretty likely that no other player will emerge as the leader this team needs, imo (judah might evolve but its no slam dunk by any means)

An example of this addition by subtraction was when Jonny Flynn left and the 2009/2010 team did not seem to miss him. But this is a rare example. It is impossible, or at least quite difficult, to predict.

Not how it works. He can't wait until draft night and if his name isn't called come back and pick a different college team to play.

If by suitors you mean G-League or 2 Way deals then that's not how it really works either, it's not going to be like ordering off a menu what team he picks.
Didn’t say he could. He would chose from the NBA teams who offer. Didn’t think that part needed to be said, as it’s basic knowledge.

Yeah but neither are the options who would replace him. How does less talent on the court make us better?

I’d understand if it was his play holding us back, but his play is the biggest reason we don’t have a losing record right now.
Lazarus Sims was considered by most to be less talented than Michael Lloyd

One thing that I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned more is that a lot of these super senior Covid kids are finally done in March. Mr Bacot who’s pushing 30ish and Cormac Ryan who know joke is actually 25. Beekman. Even that Tenn team in Hawaii had 2 5th year guys and 3 juniors in their starting lineup. I pull this out a lot but when we caught UNC Bacot had more double doubles than our entire roster had combined starts.

I’m not playing the youth card anymore but in November noncon it matters and on the road.

Point being judah would be leading a team of juniors next year instead of a bunch of 19 year olds that had to play 5 year college guys many of whom should’ve moved on from college but didn’t cuz they can get paid NIL and chase a Natty.

Something to think about.

One silver lining of "potentially" not seeing the tourney (I'm not giving up yet btw) is that Judah may actually be forced back. He's gotta show in February for the NBA scouts that he can lead a team to wins over the middle of the ACC. It's one thing losing to Tenn/Duke/UNC/VA with a Soph squad on the road but not getting it done against the BC's and middle of the pack is only gonna hurt this time of year. I don't use alot of draft sites but the top 100 nbadraft.net board has him slid all the way down to #100 of 100.

There's been some inconsistencies in his game we've all seen. On the other hand he may still end up at the top of the ACC in scoring which is no small feat and that may be enough to offset any NBA concerns.

Who knows, but with the state of NIL and Syracuse opening up the checkbook recently, a big bag of NIL may do the trick for a Jr year run back. Thoughts?

This is the worst draft since 2013.

If he can’t cut it this year, waiting til next year is a huge risk.

I want to see Cuse go on a hot streak so we can have Judah vs. Kadari in a first four matchup... and see if the site servers melt.
app phone GIF

One silver lining of "potentially" not seeing the tourney (I'm not giving up yet btw) is that Judah may actually be forced back. He's gotta show in February for the NBA scouts that he can lead a team to wins over the middle of the ACC. It's one thing losing to Tenn/Duke/UNC/VA with a Soph squad on the road but not getting it done against the BC's and middle of the pack is only gonna hurt this time of year. I don't use alot of draft sites but the top 100 nbadraft.net board has him slid all the way down to #100 of 100.

There's been some inconsistencies in his game we've all seen. On the other hand he may still end up at the top of the ACC in scoring which is no small feat and that may be enough to offset any NBA concerns.

Who knows, but with the state of NIL and Syracuse opening up the checkbook recently, a big bag of NIL may do the trick for a Jr year run back. Thoughts?

That's a like for the thread title alone. I feel you, and I think you're onto something

It's people looking for someone to blame for our place in the basketball world. It isn't Judah's fault. We would be so much worse without him. Now that JJ has found his game, with Brown and Freeman, if Judah came back, we are a small forward away from being pretty damn good.
Great post. Judah coming back is a dream. Hes carrying us most games. I can't believe someone wouldn't want him back

I want to see Cuse go on a hot streak so we can have Judah vs. Kadari in a first four matchup... and see if the site servers melt.
What is really impressive about Kadary’s stats this year is that he is doing it against a sagging defense. His outside shot is non-existent as he is shooting 16% from three point range (5/30) this year.

he's a great player. puts up great stats.

but it is possible for a player to be indivdually great while also not improving their team's winning percentage very much.

If Judah continues to be "the leader" of the Orange...either he's going to have to better adapt to that actual role...or the team's ceiling is going to be questionable, imo

building a better roster around him could help a lot...but I still would have a lot of reservations with him being "the man" again next season...esp at the expense of a more balanced team.

Im not convinced Judah can be "the man" on a top ranked NCABB team.

I love watching Judah, mostly, ...great player...but, given how this season has gone, it surprises me that an SU fan couldnt understand why the board is tough on the leader of this team (a team that has had a void of leadership)

If Judah des come back it makes it pretty likely that no other player will emerge as the leader this team needs, imo (judah might evolve but its no slam dunk by any means)
Sums it up pretty decently for me.

He's an interesting player. He's a good player who gets a longer leash due to the lack of talent around him. Question is how would he play next year if we are better with more scoring options? Will we have such options? I really don't think he excels at anything yet I think he's good. He's interesting.

Judah is a very good player. I wish the rest of the team was as good as he is. I hope he comes back but I think his heart is set on going to the NBA
My heart could be set on banging Salma Hayek, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

I think most of us realize he is the most talented player in the team and people, including myself, hold top talent to a higher standard.

I want nothing more than for this kid to make it in the NBA for a number of reasons.

Hope so. With Q as starting PG Judah can crush it and score 25 ppg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom