Will we have enough players? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will we have enough players?

This game is great for players to get a break and cool stuff but means less than a spring game in regards to impact on the future. So who cares really. Bowl season is almost meaningless for fans at this point.

This game is great for players to get a break and cool stuff but means less than a spring game in regards to impact on the future. So who cares really. Bowl season is almost meaningless for fans at this point.
Oh no, not you too qdawgg!

Well I like the bowls and I’m excited for it!

Oh no, not you too qdawgg!

Well I like the bowls and I’m excited for it!

David - none of that is directed at you. You’re still the kid on the board excited for Santa. And I mean that in the nicest way. You’re a new fan and I think it’s awesome. Anything SU related is exciting and that’s a great place to be for a fan. I’m a jaded, old, grumpy…… 45 yr old and that’s how the bowl season has become for me. Unfortunately.

David - none of that is directed at you. You’re still the kid on the board excited for Santa. And I mean that in the nicest way. You’re a new fan and I think it’s awesome. Anything SU related is exciting and that’s a great place to be for a fan. I’m a jaded, old, grumpy…… 45 yr old and that’s how the bowl season has become for me. Unfortunately.
Wait? Santa’s not real?

54-year old fan, who was hooked by an undefeated season the first year I set foot on campus 36 years ago.

Taking my whole family to Florida four days before Christmas. Because why not? It’s Cuse football!

I would rather they play a more traditional scheme, see if any of the back up QB's can do ANYTHING. It will serve us much better in the future, IMO

Can we stop talking about Villari as a legit option as QB too for next year, come on. Yeah sure maybe he get snaps during the bowl game. Kid wants a shot at the NFL and it ain't at QB

Not at Qb.

it’s a waste of everyone’s time

Might be worth running him in occasional wildcat/bobcat sets... for whatever reason, our limited OL was at least more serviceable in those formations.

nothing wrong with running wildcat a few times a game with him. KC has done it with Kelce and NO with Hill, when you run it from a tempo set even better.

But long term you need a QB unless you have like 3 guys who can run wildcat and throw a bit. Because we need a system that works if a guy goes down.

Can we switch the game to 7 on 7 or hell maybe even 5 on 5 ;)

Can we switch the game to 7 on 7 or hell maybe even 5 on 5 ;)
the-stranger.jpg

It would be fun to see Villari as QB1 for the bowl game.

You may not have a choice with injuries being what they are.

As they gameplan I hope they remember to keep an option in the backfield and continue to use motion and misdirection to keep the defense relatively honest. Too many times we lined up with only Villari or Allen alone in the backfield and it was too easy for Ga Tech to key on one guy. If you only have to key on one player who can't throw or isn't a strong passer, it's an easier day for the defense.

The current staff (Beck and Company) has proven they can move the ball and put points on the board with this unorthodox offense. My concern is will we be able to stop the USF QB, Byrum Brown. Brown passed for more than 3000 yards and almost rushed for a 1000 (992).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom