Will Weitsman’s NIL | Syracusefan.com

Will Weitsman’s NIL

The best use of the NIL money would be to get this years team to return next year and add possibly one solid transfer. Jim can win next year with this team. We need to keep Mintz and we need to keep Jesse

The best use of the NIL money would be to get this years team to return next year and add possibly one solid transfer. Jim can win next year with this team. We need to keep Mintz and we need to keep Jesse
There is talent on this team, for sure. But, we aren't well coached.

There is talent on this team, for sure. But, we aren't well coached.
No we are not. But Jim is going to coach next season according to Bees and if so his best chance to go out with a winner is to keep this team together.

No we are not. But Jim is going to coach next season according to Bees and if so his best chance to go out with a winner is to keep this team together.
I agree, and totally agree on a high end portal player. Hopefully a forward.

This team needs a two guard desperately for next year. There’s not one on the roster.
there is but hes 5 9 and leaving after the season. Mintz will play off the ball as well as Taylor. Cope and mintz will split the point

Mintz really is a 2 guard. Any NIL money should be used to sign an elite forward.

there is but hes 5 9 and leaving after the season. Mintz will play off the ball as well as Taylor. Cope and mintz will split the point
I think that could work. Hopefully a year of growth will get Copeland a little more under control and allow Mintz to understand his role better.

I think it has to be a more than solid transfer in order to be a good team next year. I don't know that I see anyone on the roster being an above-average ACC starter next year besides Mintz. Going to have a giant hole at the 5 at minimum. We currently have 4 guys right now that are solid players and 3 of them are going to be gone.

I really don’t think the talent is there for this year just being honest. I think we are maybe an 18 win team this year. It’s apparent we really needed Cole to come back because Bell isn’t the answer. I know he is a freshman. Losing out on Filipowski and I know he was probably always a Duke lean he’s the missing incredient to this years team. Idk maybe I can be proven wrong

This team needs a two guard desperately for next year. There’s not one on the roster.

I think, while he’s at the 3 now, that Taylor will be a 2. It’s also possible if Mintz is here next year that he moves to the 2 with Copeland at the point.

I really don’t think the talent is there for this year just being honest. I think we are maybe an 18 win team this year. It’s apparent we really needed Cole to come back because Bell isn’t the answer. I know he is a freshman. Losing out on Filipowski and I know he was probably always a Duke lean he’s the missing incredient to this years team. Idk maybe I can be proven wrong

Speaking of Filipowski, I watched the Duke Kansas game and I was REALLY impressed with him. He’s got some nastiness in him too.

Here’s the thing…our staff knows exactly who will fit our system but we just aren’t landing enough of them like we used to. Filipowski should of been our first NIL candidate

I don’t see Taylor as a two. He’s not that quick. Copeland can’t shoot a lick. Putting Mintz and Copeland in the same backcourt would allow defenses to never leave the paint. Let them shoot all day. Do we have bodies? Yes, but they are not difference makers.

I think there's potential for this to ruin their friendship.

Suppose it's a rough year and JB needs to point to some hope for the future. Ideally, that's a big shot talent coming in (Weitsman assist).

But who's to say whether that high level player actually exists and wants to take that deal?

If a lesser player wants some of that sweet, sweet steel salvage NIL $$$ (I can't remember if that's actually what the business is) is Weitsman going to be willing to part with the $$$ for a guy that's not on that crazy high level?

What if JB's job depends on it?

I don’t see Taylor as a two. He’s not that quick. Copeland can’t shoot a lick. Putting Mintz and Copeland in the same backcourt would allow defenses to never leave the paint. Let them shoot all day. Do we have bodies? Yes, but they are not difference makers.

He’s quick enough. He’s quicker than Buddy was and Buddy was 1st team all ACC and is now playing very well in the G league.

I think NIL should be saved for talents that are strongly considering the NBA draft but projected in 2nd round. In this year's class that would be Mintz, maybe? The others will be largely out of the rotation (save for 1 or 2?) and will be in the portal before the year is over.

He’s quick enough. He’s quicker than Buddy was and Buddy was 1st team all ACC and is now playing very well in the G league.
Maybe so, but he’s not nearly the shooter Buddy was. He looks like he might grow out of the two guard position.

Maybe so, but he’s not nearly the shooter Buddy was. He looks like he might grow out of the two guard position.

No he’s not the shooter Buddy is….right now. I can tell you my brother has gone to SU games for 50+ years. Since the Dome opened he’s gotten there when the doors open to watch all the warmups and shoot arounds. It’s his opinion that Taylor has the purest shot along with Buddy of anyone he’s ever seen on the hill. Now of course, that’s not in a game so he has to translate it to game speed. But the potential is there. He’s also going to be a better defender and rebounder than Buddy.

I think he already has.

He's built like a 3, and is only going to get bigger / stronger as he physically matures. He's not the slender, lithe kid we typically recruit at forward.

I question whether he could play up top -- haven't seen enough to form an opinion on his lateral mobility. but from what little I've seen, he seems like a better fit at the 3 on defense, and I've seen little evidence to suggest that he has backcourt skills [beyond perhaps shooting, which is also unproven at this stage].

No he’s not the shooter Buddy is….right now. I can tell you my brother has gone to SU games for 50+ years. Since the Dome opened he’s gotten there when the doors open to watch all the warmups and shoot arounds. It’s his opinion that Taylor has the purest shot along with Buddy of anyone he’s ever seen on the hill. Now of course, that’s not in a game so he has to translate it to game speed. But the potential is there. He’s also going to be a better defender and rebounder than Buddy.

I can recall sitting with your brother at an SU game at Toledo almost 25 years ago. You got us tickets. My most vivid memories of that game are 1) a Toledo student trash talking me before the game, me pointing to the 0-0 on the scoreboard, and telling him to enjoy it because it was the closest they would get. 2) A Toledo player collapsing on the field at the end of the game. The place was the quietest you can imagine a football stadium getting. He had an asthma attack, as it turned out. 3) While we stood in the hushed stadium, I turned and Otto walked by. He looked over, flashed me a wave, and sauntered into the men's room. Despite the seriousness of what was happening on the field, that cracked me up. 4) I recall your brother being a nice guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom