Will Weitsman’s NIL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Weitsman’s NIL

I can recall sitting with your brother at an SU game at Toledo almost 25 years ago. You got us tickets. My most vivid memories of that game are 1) a Toledo student trash talking me before the game, me pointing to the 0-0 on the scoreboard, and telling him to enjoy it because it was the closest they would get. 2) A Toledo player collapsing on the field at the end of the game. The place was the quietest you can imagine a football stadium getting. He had an asthma attack, as it turned out. 3) While we stood in the hushed stadium, I turned and Otto walked by. He looked over, flashed me a wave, and sauntered into the men's room. Despite the seriousness of what was happening on the field, that cracked me up. 4) I recall your brother being a nice guy.

#1 is a hoot.

No he’s not the shooter Buddy is….right now. I can tell you my brother has gone to SU games for 50+ years. Since the Dome opened he’s gotten there when the doors open to watch all the warmups and shoot arounds. It’s his opinion that Taylor has the purest shot along with Buddy of anyone he’s ever seen on the hill. Now of course, that’s not in a game so he has to translate it to game speed. But the potential is there. He’s also going to be a better defender and rebounder than Buddy.

Good point on game translation. Taylor has what looks like a single handed release and doesn't guide his shot that much and in games he is off on his release a lot or drifting left too much. Not saying it doesn't look great but the drifting is a concern and something visible at IMG. Very correctable though.

NIL of 1M per year is 4m if he plays 4 years. So if he is 1 and done pay him 4M for 1 year an MAYBE we could get someone.

I'd like to see us go out and get a ready made silky smooth small forward. I like the look of Bell to fill that role down the road but I want a kid who comes in ready to play that position like Mintz was.

We're only going to get back to top 15 status if we have a couple of kids like Mintz. We can't have 1 stud and 4 role players.

$1 million will not get you a top ten player.
It's not $1 million in a vacuum.

Everything else that we have going on currently will continue and grow... But it is a big piece of pie we didn't have before.

If we start off with a million from Upstate Recycling, it is a lot easier to match an offer for a top free agent (er recruit).

Idk the rules for NIL, can they sign agreements as juniors in highschool?

Screenshot_20230111-120834_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20230111-115953_Chrome.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edit...
FYI: This is Olivier Rioux, the world's tallest teen. Canadian kid who stands 7'6" at 16 years old.

Double edit...
I thought the eye roll emoji was for sarcasm (I just picked the tallest kid at the moment based on Adam's tallest kid comment) and a give away. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
I'm going to put my guess on who it is. I think it is either Ian Jackson or Boogie Fland. Adam has been in NYC for the past couple of days. Both play in the area.
But neither are very tall. I’m going out on a limb and going to say Derik Queen. Probably not even recruiting him anymore. He’s got Auburn Indiana and Maryland as his top 3 we should be able to beat them on a recruit.

But neither are very tall. I’m going out on a limb and going to say Derik Queen. Probably not even recruiting him anymore. He’s got Auburn Indiana and Maryland as his top 3 we should be able to beat them on a recruit.
How tall is Adam? Need some context.

I would love it to be a 2023 kid, but I doubt it. A superstar could take next year's squad far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom