Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

If it's true that Marrone is staying, let's all strive to do a bit more in 2013 to support this program. I'm a season ticket holder but I've never donated but I will if Marrone stays. It may not be much but it will show my support.

Is he staying because he doesn't have a choice (NFL teams have other ideas for head coaches) or because he wants to? Does it matter?
We'll never know. Everyone knows Bill O'Brien's statement is ridiculous. I just hope we as a fanbase don't take him for granted anymore, we need to back the program more than ever and remind him why this was his dream job.

If true - awesome.

It's purely my opinion - but I don't think he was ever going to leave. I think it was about leverage. I imagine something got done that he wanted done. And was right for asking for.

I also think recruits know something beyond what's out there in the media. I bet both big names deciding soon know too. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both commit.

Hope he's staying. Hope he's happy.

Get the facilities improvements moving quicker. Cover his kids cost to go to private school. Completely rip apart the ticket pricing plan and do something to fill the sidelines, get them in the door and raise prices on them later. Anything else in the rumor mill that made the dream job a nightmare? They should all be addressed, I don't want to take our chances on blowing another hire. This is a good fit, so keep him here, keep him happy.

Sure there were. If I could remember which of the 500 threads they were in I would point you to them.
find one and link it here. Not one post I read here (and I'm fairly sure I read all of them) asked he be removed. That was in the newspaper. A lot of critical posts, some over the top sure, but not a one asking they fire him that I can recall.

What will the "meltdowners" have to meltdown about now?!?!
they still dont have their facility upgrades.

look, marrone was never getting a job this year.

some people realized this, some people had a glass of wine, some people freaked the shlit out.

now, how does he win 8 games next year...

Oh Lord

Good new if true. As for whether or not he is ready...of course he is. Problem is, 25-25 is a hard sell when you are competing for jobs against a guy like Chip Kelly.
Absolutely. Marrone is qualified, but not the safe choice if you are a new GM trying to convince skeptical fans of a losing program. And, from Marrone's perspective, it should be easy to see the Browns & Bills are interested enough to interview you, but ... So, best move is back to helping SU improve the class of 2013.

some people realized this, some people had a glass of wine, some people freaked the shlit out.

Oh Lord

I think we should create multiple threads speculating on what the "meltdowners" will meltdown about next...

Oh Lord
I'm hoping this can help get us those upgrades. I'll be honest, I didn't know how crazy this arms war was. I'm 29 and just started really following the intricacies of recruiting and facilities etc. I had no idea where we were as a program and where we need to get to. Sometimes something like this is needed to shake people up and get things moving.

There was a letter to the editor who wanted Marrone fired that someone here linked to, of all of the absurd posts this past week I dont recall one sayign Marrone should be fired. Talk about assinine, that would be beyond dumb.
Yet exactly what BC did with Jags. How did that work out for them. HA.

So this means he'll be doing his presser in Cleveland in 48 hours, right?

;)

You sure about that?

Yes pretty sure, Chip noted the same thing in his post above me, I dont recall one person saying he should be fired for intereviewing, second why the hell would that even be an option, who does that besides BC.

There was a letter to the editor who wanted Marrone fired that someone here linked to, of all of the absurd posts this past week I dont recall one sayign Marrone should be fired. Talk about assinine, that would be beyond dumb.

There was a thread started by a board regular saying he should be fired when he comes back from his interview. That thread was nuked.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think we should create multiple threads speculating on what the "meltdowners" will meltdown about next...

Louie Addazio going to play for his father, EEK!! How's that? I figure we can start slow and build into something important.

find one and link it here. Not one post I read here (and I'm fairly sure I read all of them) asked he be removed. That was in the newspaper. A lot of critical posts, some over the top sure, but not a one asking they fire him that I can recall.
The one I remember from last night was deleted, so I can't link, but the opinion has been posted here by a long time poster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom