Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

There absolutely was a thread started saying SU should just fire Marrone now, along with a long winded, mini-tantrum, tirade; of sorts. I even replied to the thread before it was deleted.

There was a thread started by a board regular saying he should be fired when he comes back from his interview. That thread was nuked.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Then that person is beyond clueless even Marrones biggest detractor Tristy has sat this one out, and that is what one poster out of how many thousands? Far from an epidemic.

The one I remember from last night was deleted, so I can't link, but the opinion has been posted here by a long time poster.

it's a messageboard, everyone can have an opinion. Teams have fired guys for interviewing behind the backs of their employee (Jags and Gene D at BC comes to mind). There's a right way and wrong way to do these things. Hopefully Marrone did everything on the up and up with the people who are decision makers at Syracuse.

Yes pretty sure, Chip noted the same thing in his post above me, I dont recall one person saying he should be fired for intereviewing, second why the hell would that even be an option, who does that besides BC.

I guess I should never say never. I'm sure it was said. But I've become pretty good at reading through the themes on the board, versus every individual post. To me, most of us here with an ounce of reason, said they wouldn't blame him for taking an NFL job, or exploring it. But hoped that the NFL would pass, or that there would be a resolution to any rumored issues that he's having here.

If someone wrote a post saying he should be fired just for interviewing, I'm sure I passed right over it and erased it from my oversized cranium.

What will the "meltdowners" have to meltdown about now?!?!

They'll start a thread about how we don't want Marrone because he doesn't want us, they'll post videos of his halftime speech when hired and call him a liar, and then complain that he doesn't love them enough.

We deserve better after all, we are a freakin' destination for both recruits and coaches.

They are but only if they dont get Chip Kelly or Lovie Smith and if they miss on Chip Kelly, Lovie Smith actually wants to coach Buffalo so I doubt it gets that far.

Wisenhunt too

That's not fair. I'm in the middle of a massive summary of "what we know" with various scenerios and options.
LOL, I don't know whats worse, that or nearly finishing a War and Peace length long post and watching it go up in smoke vanishing due to a power surge, mistaken key stroke, change from one net page to another...

been there down that pal, it blows.

find one and link it here. Not one post I read here (and I'm fairly sure I read all of them) asked he be removed. That was in the newspaper. A lot of critical posts, some over the top sure, but not a one asking they fire him that I can recall.

There was a post last night from a VERY regular board member who said he should be fired for interviewing. It got deleted after a couple pages of remarks. The poster is a good poster, just had a frustrated moment I'm sure.

You sure about that?

I remember seeing albeit isolated incidents of people mentioning firing him as well. If you can't remember them just ask yourself if you have read the line "and that worked out well for BC" (sarcasm) numerous times and you have your answer.

like most rumors; the truth will come out in time. What I find so amusing is how fast rumor becomes reality for so many. There were times, especially during the beginning of this season that there were rumblings that Marrone was not the guy and then when the season plays out as it does, now he is the savior of the program. It is certainly better to have one's coach coveted by others then not. That is a signal that the coach is seen by pro owners and other universities as a viable candidate for their opening.
I just hope all this hasn't hurt us with the final power recruits we are after.

Well we could go back into manic mode if EBO chooses SU today! So let's see - we were manics winning the Pinstripe, depressive with our HC interviewing, now manic again when EBO & LaRay choose SU and HCDM stays with the program!

Yep - sounds like to me a typical football forum! Go Orange!

I think people make up scenarios about what happens on this board. I realize most of the people here (present company included) could probably be considered batsh!t crazy, but that doesn't mean things should be made up.

The other trick is to find the craziest most delusional fan on the board who makes some ridiculous post, and then pass it off as what the board thinks.

I'm sure all boards operate this way, but this place could be a case study.

Talk about batsh!t crazy conspiracy theories, Chip. Some of it may be attributed to things other than malicious make up of scenarios or tricking the board. As understandable as this perception of reality may be to those here (present company included) practically living, breathing, and feeling "The Board", this annoying little thing called life often keeps interfering with the ability to constantly keep up with every 7,345 post thread across 18 pages. One can get confused, ya know?

I can't wait to read the breakdown on what exactly happened these past 5 days.

Well we could go back into manic mode if EBO chooses SU today! So let's see - we were manics winning the Pinstripe, depressive with our HC interviewing, now manic again when EBO & LaRay choose SU and HCDM stays with the program!

Yep - sounds like to me a typical football forum! Go Orange!

Were likely to go 1 for 2 today, everything still points to Clemson for EBO from what I have heard.

Were likely to go 1 for 2 today, everything still points to Clemson for EBO from what I have heard.

Not going to try to get into the mind of an 18 year old kid, but based on what OE said in the EBO recruiting thread he was plan B, and almost sounds like plan C. Makes you think there was never any real question of EBo's intentions, just Clemsons.

Talk about batsh!t crazy conspiracy theories, Chip. Some of it may be attributed to things other than malicious make up of scenarios or tricking the board. As understandable as this perception of reality may be to those here (present company included) practically living, breathing, and feeling "The Board", this annoying little thing called life often keeps interfering with the ability to constantly keep up with every 7,345 post thread across 18 pages. One can get confused, ya know?

Or just drinking way too much coffee and posting at the same time.

Here is the post that was deleted. It had more than 40 responses, so a lot of people did read it. (Before someone shouts at me, I was not the one who deleted it).

"I think its time for Doug to go. I'd dismiss him the second he sets foot back in Manley. The damage has been done IMO. I'd pick the best available of the current staff to be HC and have them try to keep the recruiting class together. Its clear SU will never pony up for a national name as a coach, so give one of the coordinators a shot.

"The timing of this is horrible and I hope DG has a rabbit in his hat, because DM has just ripped out the programs heart."

I can't wait to read the breakdown on what exactly happened these past 5 days.

January 17th
@brentaxemedia: Heard the IPF deal has been signed, Will be called McFreeny field in the Al Davis building. Groundbreaking scheduled for mid-feb.

He's coming back! Even though CTO and the BoT hate football and would rather sip wine than lift a finger to keep him! Impossible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom