Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Worst coaching performance ive seen in a long time

Look how much better we were last year @Duke w Symir running things. We were better for a reason, it's because he's an under-control prototypical point guard. Not that Judah isn't, but Judah was targeted by Miami because they knew he is turnover prone, and it worked. Based on his performance last night and his non-clutch performances in previous games Symir needed to be in there. I'm very upset about this loss.
you and we should be. Shot at the NCAA's is pretty much gone barring a miracle run (aint gonna happen). Miracle run in the ACC tourney to make it? Actually possible if they continue to improve and if, and only if, he sits Judah more for symir. In other words we arent' making the NCAA's, again.

Except for the four guys we’ve brought in in two years of the portal?
Yes, 4

1 - Jim's son
2 - his son's friend who couldnt get off the bench for Marquette
3 - Hima, who couldnt get off the bench for Duq, but has looked decent this year
4 - Swider, whom we previously recruited and while great for us, couldnt get reg mins at Nova

If you'd like to compare those 4 to the current successful teams in the Top 25 and compare the difference, be my guest.

You'll find that they are getting players moving UP not moving down like we appear to be.

Yes, 4

1 - Jim's son
3 - Hima, who couldnt get off the bench for Duq, but has looked decent this year
4 - Swider, whom we previously recruited and while great for us, couldnt get reg mins at Nova

If you'd like to compare those 4 to the current successful teams in the Top 25 and compare the difference, be my guest.

You'll find that they are getting players moving UP not moving down like we appear to be.
Not comparing anything to anyone. Won't compare them to the starting line ups in the NBA All Star game either.

Post said we don't use the portal. I respond that we have used it to bring 4 players in in the last two years. And all four of those players contributed in some degree and filled needs regardless of what they did with previous teams. BTW, you do realize that "Jim's son" had almost identical stats to Cole Swider who was "great for us," right? If he had any other last name than Boeheim he would have been much more appreciated for what he did here last year.

Not comparing anything to anyone. Won't compare them to the starting line ups in the NBA All Star game either.

Post said we don't use the portal. I respond that we have used it to bring 4 players in in the last two years. And all four of those players contributed in some degree and filled needs regardless of what they did with previous teams. BTW, you do realize that "Jim's son" had almost identical stats to Cole Swider who was "great for us," right? If he had any other last name than Boeheim he would have been much more appreciated for what he did here last year.
YIKES.

You do realize they track defensive stats, right?

Jimmy's defensive analystics were the worst for starter on our team in decades with an s

I'm sure you knew that though.

Also your post was the worst type of "WELL ACTUALLY" there is. Everyone knew what I was getting at. We don't use the portal to the extent we should in 2023 seeing as we dont get top recruits anymore.

Hence, we had a losing record last year and are well on our way to another year w/o a tourney birth. I still have hope the frosh can put it together though

YIKES.

Jimmy's defensive analystics were the worst for starter on our team in decades with an s

I'm sure you knew that though

I’m not sure why people want to gush praise on JB that we aren’t winless in the ACC and another Georgetown. Yeah his kids were Ok and scored some points we are Syracuse you can’t actually be awful and this season despite being over .500 is the stuff of nightmares and worst case scenario to most of us. We have to fill a venue twice the size of NBA ones.

JB was given a final four program the Dome and more TV exposure than anyone else it’s been a good run but the last few years are abject failures. If we don’t hire a big time coach and get back to relevance the coaches kids eta will be the number one reason why we fell so far.

YIKES.

I'm sure you knew that though.

Also your post was the worst type of "WELL ACTUALLY" there is. Everyone knew what I was getting at. We don't use the portal to the extent we should in 2023 seeing as we dont get top recruits anymore.

Hence, we had a losing record last year and are well on our way to another year w/o a tourney birth. I still have hope the frosh can put it together though
All right. Never mind. We don’t use the portal.

I thought JB did well with his substitutions but I said to my wife "he needs to keep Symir in the game". Miami really took Mintz out of the game, one of the few times this year that's happened. Its the learning process of a freshman. They showed a quick peek of JB interacting with Mintz. He didn't look upset. Tough for Mintz who's used to being the go to guy in this types of game. Just a reminder that he's not ready for the NBA...
Just a reminder that he's not ready for the NBA... XACTLY!

You live with the freshman you die with the freshman.

Joe was great.
Jesse was great.
Judah was bad.

We’re not good enough to beat a top 25 team on the road of one is a no show.

If Judah stays these are the type of games that get him better as a sophomore.

To me we clearly the better team. And I haven’t thought that often this year
If Judah stays?

Where is he going to go? An NBA scout would have scolded him last night -Judah is definitely not ready for prime time despite what his ego might be telling him.

Last edited:
Yes, 4

1 - Jim's son

Bingo, part of our decline is how JB utilizes the portal. Lose QG, braswell, newton, and even Allen Griffin to semi pro ball, replaced w 2 mentioned above. That is a net loss. JB is on the defensive in terms of using the portal. He's trying to replace instead of upgrade and there is a difference and it shows when compared w some other coaches and in the performance on the court

Last edited:
Yes, 4

1 - Jim's son

make it stop road trip GIF

That is all out the window at the end when it was so clear to everyone that Mintz was in a terrible state of mind.
Thats my point. I have no idea why Jim didn't realize he was shot mentally. Kid was a mess. Zero reason to put him back in

Bingo, part of our decline is how JB utilizes the portal. Lose QG, braswell, newton, and even Allen Griffin to semi pro ball, replaced w 2 mentioned above. JB is on the defensive in terms of using the portal. He's trying to replace instead of upgrade and there is a difference and it shows when compared w some other coaches and in the performance on the court
Its a shame because before the portal became such a big thing and every program was building their roster through it to a very significant extent JB batted nearly 1.000. Wes, Gbinije, White, Gillon.

Almost inexplicable that we'd drastically do a 180 with the next group of guys once it became a huge thing and even the Kentucky's of the world are getting a couple transfers every year.

I mean we all know the reason though and what priority #1 was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom