Worst Syracuse team I've ever seen. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst Syracuse team I've ever seen.

We have a center in Coleman.
We have a PF in Lydon.
We have a SF in White.
We have guards in Battle and Howard.
We have Thompson and Gillon on the bench.

We have talent. JB is wasting it.

I don't believe what I'm posting, but if I was an outsider looking in and saw what you posted I'd write this.

DC: Had injuries, god awful defender
Lydon: Was his freshman year really that great?
White: Can shoot, nothing else.
Howard: What has he ever done?
Battle: Freshman
Gillon: Mid major player
Thompson: Freshman

Looking at it like that, we're awful. I'm not saying I believe it but if you do the opposite and put the best about those guys and then have somebody do it straight down the middle describing them we still don't look impressive.

There is talent, but I'm starting to believe it's nowhere near the level we think it is.

I don't believe what I'm posting, but if I was an outsider looking in and saw what you posted I'd write this.

Looking at it like that, we're awful. I'm not saying I believe it but if you do the opposite and put the best about those guys and then have somebody do it straight down the middle describing them we still don't look impressive.

There is talent, but I'm starting to believe it's nowhere near the level we think it is.

And my reply would be- then what are the coaches doing? What is easier to coach, an uber-talented team or a team with some deficiencies? Put players in the best place to succeed. Adjust your style to adapt to the skill-set of your players. That is what coaches are supposed to do.

We actually have players in their natural position unlike last year... and nobody has a clue on offense. It's called coaching. And on the offensive side of the floor it has been absolutely horrible.

You could do the same for many of our teams in the mid 90s. Even our national runner up squad had one great player and a bunch of one dimensional bodies that never sniffed the professional ranks. When you look THIS inept the issue is not talent.

You could do the same for many of our teams in the mid 90s. Even our national runner up squad had one great player and a bunch of one dimensional bodies that never sniffed the professional ranks.

And if John Wallace was on this team we probably beat them by 10.

lol hilarious we shoot 35% instead of 25 and we beat uconn by 10 today with 5 more field goals.

5-26 today from three today
6-23 against wisky from three
only 15 three attempts against SC

This teams offense is at the same place they were last year at this point, with better PG play and they barely changed anything.

We don't hit our threes we aren't beating anyone.
Our defense was better today though, and our rebounding was serviceable.

We probably worked more on defense then offense in practice this is a common theme it happens you shoot bad sometimes when that happens.

D.C. Is the only player doing anything close to expectations. Everyone else stinks.
Hate to "like" this...but it's true.
Right now this is the worst team Jim Boeheim has ever had.
And it isn't even close.

Tonight's game was the worst basketball game (by both teams) that I've ever seen in person.
Easily eclipsing last year's St. John's game.

Against South Carolina, Wisconsin and UConn he shot 3-9, 5-15, 4-14 respectively. Similar to Frank, he pads his stats against inferior competition.

To be fair, everyone has been bad shooting the ball, today's game especially. Tyler Lydon made one bucket tonight. Out of 8 attempts.

Do any of the insiders know if there's something going on with this team behind the scenes?

nov-2001-deshaun-williams-of-the-syracuse-orangeman-passes-the-ball-picture-id508974

We dont have good guard play. Our 1 and are not pb&j at this point and we have always lived and died with our guard play. Hopefully they jell down the road.
Also TT needs to be in the game. His upside is enormous. He is the inside presence we need.
My 5
Howard battle white Lydon TT

To be fair, everyone has been bad shooting the ball, today's game especially. Tyler Lydon made one bucket tonight. Out of 8 attempts.
Did Lydon even hit rim on the other 7?

We dont have good guard play. Our 1 and are not pb&j at this point and we have always lived and died with our guard play. Hopefully they jell down the road.
Also TT needs to be in the game. His upside is enormous. He is the inside presence we need.
My 5
Howard battle white Lydon TT

Yeah...bench the guy who actually did something

Did Lydon even hit rim on the other 7?
JB said he wants Lydon to shoot 17 times a game and if he only makes 2 or 3, that's OK. Let's design some plays for him that will free him up for open looks. How about that?

jb's best coaching year ever 1996, he had an average team. no superstars. his issue is he does coach better with lesser talent. he needs to sit and watch a replay of 1996 so he can see himself coaching, not waiting for something to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom