Would Seton Hall tamper twice? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Would Seton Hall tamper twice?

I had not heard this. This fascinated me because isn’t JB typically known as a coach who allows quite a bit of freedom to his players? Is there more on this that I can go look at. It’s really not at all anything I’ve ever heard from a Syracuse player under JB.
It’s in his interview with Guttierez for The Athletic. Sounds like JB didn’t want him taking jump shots.

I had not heard this. This fascinated me because isn’t JB typically known as a coach who allows quite a bit of freedom to his players? Is there more on this that I can go look at. It’s really not at all anything I’ve ever heard from a Syracuse player under JB.
It was in the Athletic article Matt Gueterrirz wrote

If he wants to play more he should avoid Florida State, where everybody plays 20 minutes.
I agree but I think Hamilton is a better coach whose been producing NBA talent recently. Even if he’s playing 20-25 minutes but is able to show his full repertoire he will get drafted (if he’s as good as I think he is)

At the end of season, he was taking jump shots and with a better looking stroke.
You are more than welcome to read Richmond’s own words and take it up with him.

I agree but I think Hamilton is a better coach whose been producing NBA talent recently. Even if he’s playing 20-25 minutes but is able to show his full repertoire he will get drafted (if he’s as good as I think he is)

Hamilton is no where near the coach JB is. He’s getting more talented recruits lately but never been to a Final Four in his life. JB’s resume is significantly better.

Cuse

Ya and Kadary was 9 or 10 when that happened lol
8 years ago we had the 11th 1st round pick after his sophomore year, not only coming off the bench but only playing 10 minutes a game his freshman year, become the NBA rookie of the year. I know that is ancient history too - it’s all I know. :p

Should have said it seemed he was taking more jump shots at end of season. Obviously don't know if restrictions were still in place. It did seem to me that QG was given the blessing this year to shot the 3. Also read that ST is leaving Marquette to have more freedom at SU. Will not be contacting any of these players for confirmation.

Hamilton is no where near the coach JB is. He’s getting more talented recruits lately but never been to a Final Four in his life. JB’s resume is significantly better.

Cuse
Where did I say he was anywhere near the coach JB was? I was speaking between him and Willard but I guess I’m happy you told me something I already knew.

do you think it irked kadary that not only was it, dont shoot, but it was dont shoot and pass to my son?

Where did I say he was anywhere near the coach JB was? I was speaking between him and Willard but I guess I’m happy you told me something I already knew.
My bad thought you were saying Hamilton better than JB. Me no read good

Kadary.

OP thinks Seton Hall tampered with Kadary. It’s fine to speculate but it’s not a fact.

It would be like Villanova saying we tampered with Swider.
Didn't JB have a quote recently where he was like I was talking to Jay Wright and Nova was suppose to have like 3 transfers... and then we nabbed Cole Swider.

Hearing rumblings that Seton Hall has reached out to Frank through back channels. Second hand info FWIW.
Honestly not surprised since SH was in his last top 5 and they already have an existing connection.

I think Willard only got suspended for 2 exhibition games for the TT tampering. Tampering is pretty common, SH was just stupid and got caught doing so.

So, I know nothing about this. I thought from other posters that JAB was the problem with Kadary leaving. Now it is not his fault and more that Kadary wants freedom with his style of play.

If that is the reason for leaving, he should have left mid-season because there was no way that JAB and Syracuse were going to accommodate him. It is a team game where everyone on the floor contributes.

Did anyone watch the Gonzaga - UCLA game yesterday? That was a team game where no one person was a focal point and had to have the ball in his hands the whole game. Players stepped up as the game went on.

I hope that Kadary finds a team that can accommodate him.

Last edited:
It was in the Athletic article Matt Gueterrirz wrote

Thank you. I dunno it sort of sounds like coaching. If JB believed that we already had guys who are more consistent shooters but we didn’t have any one else with Kadary’s skills driving and passing, then it would be very logical to instruct him to focus on that part of his game. Oh well.

So, I know nothing about this. I thought from other posters that JAB was the problem with Kadary leaving. Now it is not his fault and more that Kadary wants freedom with his style of play.

If that is the reason for leaving, he should have left mid-season because there was no way that JAB and Syracuse were going to accommodate him. It is a team game where everyone on the floor contributes.

Did anyone watch the Gonzaga - UCLA game yesterday? That was a team game where no one person was a focal point and had to have the ball in his hands the whole game. Players stepped up as the game went on.

I hope that Kadary finds a team that can accommodate him.
I interpreted the freedom thing as watching JG3 get a long leash for chucking 30 footers vs JB getting mad at Kooks if he tries to shoot any jumper.

Not just fans...Ryan Blackwell said it was from beginning of season and was met with cries of “sour grapes” and “mad he didn’t get an assistant job”
Which is why he'll never be an assistant here.

do you think it irked kadary that not only was it, dont shoot, but it was dont shoot and pass to my son?
He was shooting at the end of the season and he was passing to Buddy. Both proved they were worth the extra pass. Point guards need someone to pass it to or they don't get their assist numbers. We never know what's happening in the locker room. The team seemed to have decent chemistry. Kadary had to surmise he wouldn't start when Buddy and Joe announced their return. It's worth checking the portal to see if he can get a starting job on a good team. If Florida State offers he should take it. If it's only Seton Hall he should stay here. Since Cunningham's gone at OK State, who would he pass it to? If Boeheim says he'll be part of a genuine three-man rotation, maybe he should stay.

He was shooting at the end of the season and he was passing to Buddy. Both proved they were worth the extra pass. Point guards need someone to pass it to or they don't get their assist numbers. We never know what's happening in the locker room. The team seemed to have decent chemistry. Kadary had to surmise he wouldn't start when Buddy and Joe announced their return. It's worth checking the portal to see if he can get a starting job on a good team. If Florida State offers he should take it. If it's only Seton Hall he should stay here. Since Cunningham's gone at OK State, who would he pass it to? If Boeheim says he'll be part of a genuine three-man rotation, maybe he should stay.

I think he should stay. You are missing nuance however. Its not whether it was good basketball to pass to Buddy. Its whether Kadary was annoyed with a HC tell him not to shoot and pass it to his son. Im not saying that is what happened but JB has told a number of players over the years not to shoot and I could see how it may piss them off.

I think he should stay. You are missing nuance however. Its not whether it was good basketball to pass to Buddy. Its whether Kadary was annoyed with a HC tell him not to shoot and pass it to his son. Im not saying that is what happened but JB has told a number of players over the years not to shoot and I could see how it may piss them off.

I wonder if it was more like Kadary being instructed not to shoot, while the player he was competing against for minutes was allowed to let it fly from anywhere, even when he wasn't converting.

JB at this point is very much an old man in how he expresses frustration. He's having an increasingly more difficult time relating to the players [which has always been true to an extent], and vice versa. And now there's no good cop to assuage hard feelings on the team.

I wonder if it was more like Kadary being instructed not to shoot, while the player he was competing against for minutes was allowed to let it fly from anywhere, even when he wasn't converting.

JB at this point is very much an old man in how he expresses frustration. He's having an increasingly more difficult time relating to the players [which has always been true to an extent], and vice versa. And now there's no good cop to assuage hard feelings on the team.

You don’t think one or more of Red, Griff, Gerry can play the Good Cop role?

I get that Hop was an energetic, relentlessly upbeat and positive coach, but it’s not like any of these 3 assistants can’t fill a similar role.

You don’t think one or more of Red, Griff, Gerry can play the Good Cop role?

I get that Hop was an energetic, relentlessly upbeat and positive coach, but it’s not like any of these 3 assistants can’t fill a similar role.
Yeah not sure but have to believe someone among the assistants is playing good cop. If not that's on JB and them. Everyone needs to understand their roles... team and coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom