WOW...Syracuse favored by 43 points | Syracusefan.com

WOW...Syracuse favored by 43 points

I would still be mildly shocked if we scored 43 points let alone win by that ridiculous amount.

5dimes has SU as 14.5 favorite.

That sounds more reasonable. My guess without having looked at anything was somewhere in the 17 range. I anticipate a competitive game through the early to mid 3rd quarter where we ultimately impose our will and win something like 38-21.

That sounds more reasonable. My guess without having looked at anything was somewhere in the 17 range. I anticipate a competitive game through the early to mid 3rd quarter where we ultimately impose our will and win something like 38-21.
It won't be competitive. Wagner 2.0

Their QB is pretty good but most of their WR are mites. Shafer says there will be lots of trickeration. Could be an interesting game.

Their QB is pretty good but most of their WR are mites. Shafer says there will be lots of trickeration. Could be an interesting game.
You remember that Maine game? I hope not to see a repeat of all that. I've been saying 17 pts all summer...still think I'd lay 14.5 pts.

You remember that Maine game? I hope not to see a repeat of all that. I've been saying 17 pts all summer...still think I'd lay 14.5 pts.
Exactly.

You have to win every play , every block , every tackle . The score will end up where it should.

Nova is not Wagner they are a good 1-AA program. Any double digit win will be good enough for me. They will be competitive they hung with BC last year.

Nova is not Wagner they are a good 1-AA program. Any double digit win will be good enough for me. They will be competitive they hung with BC last year.
Nova isn't better than tulane though

in football, the game is long enough that I don't think it matters that much but this will be nova's superbowl. for those kids to beat us would be something they could point at for their entire lives.

Alsacs said:

They were 6-5 last year. An average FCS team. People are worrying about nothing.

A view from Philly...

“Well, we’re moving along very nicely,” Villanova head coach Andy Talley tells KYW Newsradio. “We’re just about finished double-sessions, preseason, getting ready for the Syracuse game which is Friday night, on Labor Day weekend. So we’re going to be playing in the dome, and we’re trying to get ready for playing a big (FBS) team. Right now, we have a couple injuries in the (offensive) line, but we hope those guys will be back in time. But the spirit’s high and we’re excited.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/08/21/college-football-preview-villanova-wildcats/

A lot of you guys are over thinking this. We are far far more talented now. This isn't the Grob Orange anymore. Put it this way if we win by less then 2 td's we are in for a long season. Not happening though.

45-10 Cuse rolls
Much more talent on both sides of the ball. Shafer was talking up Nova a lot today, he will also do that to his team, call it cuse 41-14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom