WOW?! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WOW?!

If you would’ve told me before the game that we were gonna 20 ball Syracuse at home i wouldn’t have believed you.

I so glad there’s so many loyalists supportive of JB staying as long as he wants because they’re fearful of the program falling into a state of decline after he leaves……..

Be careful what you wish for!

why is an individual entitled to go out on his own terms when he represents a college basketball program and is paid millions?

I do not get it

If the board of trustees is completely content collecting their money and living nostalgically in the JB days I just do not get it.

Who is in charge of this?

It’s less zone than talent. Maybe the zone is hurting recruiting and that’s part of it. But the biggest issue, by far, is that we have vastly inferior talent to 5-6 years ago and prior.

Vastly.
I dont agree. Kids all shoot better. Kids leave school earlier and dont have time to learn how to properly play the zone.

Only 6-8 points from our forwards. I would have tried Judah/Copeland with Justin, Benny, and Edwards in the low block for a while. Need shooters to kick to.

The Orange just made a good team look like the best team in the country.
Before more than 30,000 fans and an ESPN audience.

Stifled on offense and the zone ripped to shreds again.
A good post game question could be, "Coach who does a better job tearing up the zone, Duke or Colgate?"

It’s less zone than talent. Maybe the zone is hurting recruiting and that’s part of it. But the biggest issue, by far, is that we have vastly inferior talent to 5-6 years ago and prior.

Vastly.
Completely disagree. It’s 85% the zone. Put the 5 best defensive players in the NBA out there in that defense today and Colgate will go for 90 against it.

Unsurprisingly, this turned into a bash JB thread. I watched the game and I saw a group of players that looked too small for the moment with the exception of Mintz; a pro IF he returns next season and adds a jump shot. The seniors have to lead the way and neither Joe or Jesse did that today; something the two of them have done countless times this season. Neither of them are leaders. Chris Bell, who the board loves for some reason, looked like he didn't belong on the floor much like Justin Taylor. By far their worst game of the year and a complete 180 of the NC State game. They got their butts handed to them and humbled in a devastating manner. Their response will determine what this team is made of. That's all I have to say about tonight. You can argue amongst yourselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom