Class of 2014 - WR Adly Enoicy (FL) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Adly Enoicy (FL) Offered

Yeah I like his highlights as a DE. I also remember him being a standout track athlete too. He could be better suited for DE. Who knows what the staff is thinking. They saw him at TE all season long. Im sure they will make their evalutions before and after spring practices.

Where are the needs to; likely greater at DE. Batten is a HS clone of Donnie Simmons - hope Simmons sees the field some day.

Where are the needs to; likely greater at DE. Batten is a HS clone of Donnie Simmons - hope Simmons sees the field some day.

Simmons would have started last season. I'm hoping for a great recovery from him.

It was written in his Bio so someone must have double checked it.
the bio problem got written from the participation report. maybe he played maybe he didnt, i dont think you can trust the bio or the report given past history. he played in game 4 if he got hurt thats 4 of 13 so thats 30.7 isnt rounded down? so if he played it matters if he got hurt.

Yes Batten also played DE in HS and could likely play the position here. Might be better suited for DE anyways, 215/220 is awfully light for a TE. How many HBacks do we need.

I believe Batten did redshirt this year and if by chance he played against Tulane i don't think it'd effect his status. I don't recall him playing in that game though.

if he isn't documented as being injured then one play would kill his freshmen year.

I don't think he played though

Andrew Ivins ‏@andrewrivins 52m
Atlantic’s Adly Enoicy and Thomas Owens both visited #FIU last weekend. Enoicy’s recruitment appears to still be wide open.

Looks like McD and Moore will be stopping to see him today.
I have the feeling Adly isn't as wide open as reported. Unless he's dead set on staying at home, he should commit here after his visit.

Batten most certainly would not have played in one game. And if he did, shame on the coaching staff.

Things could have changed (and I've mentioned this before), but the quote from the old staff was that Batten was a "Vernon Davis clone."

You mean the guys that couldn't recruit Florida.

Things could have changed (and I've mentioned this before), but the quote from the old staff was that Batten was a "Vernon Davis clone."
Are you talking about Aaron Batten?

If so, the old staff had nothing to do with him. McD made a late push for him...Batten didn't commit until Jan 30th less than a week before signing day.

Its PJ Batten I think. I definitely thought that kid had a lot of potential. I fully expected Shafer to mention him when talking about players that impressed him from the scout team. It seems like if he could get his weight up a little he could be a dynamic tight end. I believe he was only listed at about 220 lbs.

Its PJ Batten I think. I definitely thought that kid had a lot of potential. I fully expected Shafer to mention him when talking about players that impressed him from the scout team. It seems like if he could get his weight up a little he could be a dynamic tight end. I believe he was only listed at about 220 lbs.

It's Aaron.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/aaron-batten.43425/

If so, the old staff had nothing to do with him. McD made a late push for him...Batten didn't commit until Jan 30th less than a week before signing day.

Wonder if he's confusing Batten with someone else.

I guess we are both right. His name is probably Aaron but it looks like he goes by PJ now. Looks like his Dads name is Aaron.

PJ Batten - 2013-14 Football

headshot_1_Batten_PJ.jpg
#86 PJ Batten
Position:
Tight End
Height: 6-3
Weight: 218
Class: Freshman
Hometown: Miami, Fla.
High School: Dade Christian

Freshman Year (2013): Played against Tulane.

High School: 2012 Miami Herald All-Dade 5-A Independents Football Defensive First Team selection after leading his team to a 13-1-0 record and advanced to the FHSAA Class 2A Championship game for the first time in school history … 2011 Miami Herald All-Dade Honorable Mention honoree after his team finished with an 8-2 record and advanced to the FHSAA Class 2A regional semifinals … In 2010, Dade Christian posted a 10-2 record … Notched one interception, four fumble recoveries and had 62 tackles, including 48 solo and 13 sacks for a loss of 68 yards, in 2012 … Had four receptions for 67 yards and five touchdowns in his senior season … As a junior, he lead the league in sacks with seven for a loss of 36 … Coach: Mike Sonneborn

Personal: Aaron Lee Batten Jr. … Born in November 1993 in Miami, Fla. … Son of Aaron Sr. and Leshonda Batten … Two brothers and two sisters.

RMH44 said:

You are absolutely right! My memory is getting blurry in my old age. It was at last years signing day event with the new staff. Thanks for the correction.

You are absolutely right! My memory is getting blurry in my old age. It was at last years signing day event with the new staff. Thanks for the correction.
The DCCuse doesn't age, he just becomes more "Vintage" as the years pass by! :)