Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

I’m not sure this one is over...gut feeling here.
Thank you.

Hopefully he has time to reconsider his wrong choice and see wisdom. Wrong choice.

We make too many excuses. We just lost a big time receiver to a school that hasn’t passed the ball in ten years. It’s a new coach with no experience at this level and SU once again couldn’t get it done. All we heard was we needed to win and we would start bringing in bigger recruits. I still don’t see it happening. It’s pretty discouraging. Gowdy was our only hope for signing a player that’s not a three star. I don’t see this class any better than last years class. I hope it gets better. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.

We make too many excuses. We just lost a big time receiver to a school that hasn’t passed the ball in ten years. It’s a new coach with no experience at this level and SU once again couldn’t get it done. All we heard was we needed to win and we would start bringing in bigger recruits. I still don’t see it happening. It’s pretty discouraging. Gowdy was our only hope for signing a player that’s not a three star. I don’t see this class any better than last years class. I hope it gets better. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.
If this class turns out to be as good as last years I'll be very happy.

I think we miss on all three receivers.
Certainly a real concern here, just like at QB. People keep saying we just aren’t there yet, but we’re a lot further there than GT. Lots of time left though so let’s see how it all plays out.

Certainly a real concern here, just like at QB. People keep saying we just aren’t there yet, but we’re a lot further there than GT. Lots of time left though so let’s see how it all plays out.
It's just confounding for me why we can't pick a few top fruit.

"Our only hope?"

Pessimistic crap. You're a better poster than that, hoopsupstate.

No...you’re not sorry at all to be a Debbie Downer. There’s so much FAIL in your post that it’s not worth addressing point by point. #ChickenLittleOnSteriods

Please stop

The last time we were ranked before last season, none of these kids were even born yet. We’re just not that good of an option as of today. We need to keep winning, keep this staff in place, start taking advantage of the games we are nationally televised on and hope like crazy that this renovation is done the right way but also as efficiently as possible.

Maybe he just wanted to stay closer to home? Oregon and Penn State were also left at the altar.

I read the post. 'Pretty clear' is an assertion with no evidence to back it up. First. Dungey to DeVito is likely not to be much of a downgrade, and could be an upgrade. Second, and there you go again, 'WR's who choose GT obviously do (think our offense will tank)'. There's nothing 'obvious' about it. I agree with the person who said that the path to early PT is easier at Tech.

I know it's a quirk of mine, but assertions with nothing to back them up drive me crazy.
True, he may really want to be an engineer. He may love Atlanta. Many possible factors. But, to choose a school with a totally new offense is a bit concerning.

We have gotten a good chunk of our first look players this class. I think this is a flippable commit. Just gotta keep on him
What is a first look player. I'm sure most of our recruits were not top on our boards. Alot of nice players but we missed out on alot of top players we wanted.