Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

What is a first look player. I'm sure most of our recruits were not top on our boards. Alot of nice players but we missed out on alot of top players we wanted.
You don’t think Tucker, Wax, Mahar, Bell and Barron weren’t priority recruits?

Did anyone even CONSIDER how many chick fil a’s are within driving distance of Gtechs campus?
CFA is overrated
Speaking as someone who worked there for two years.

You don’t think Tucker, Wax, Mahar, Bell and Barron weren’t priority recruits?
I do not. I can name RBs the coaches liked better than Tucker and Wax. They were not #1 and 2 on our board. Mahar became a priority recruit when many northeast TEs dropped us from their list hence the reason we started recruiting him late.
Barron, Hanna, and Bell were all probably top recruits in large part because the interest was reciprocated pretty early in the process.

I do not. I can name RBs the coaches liked better than Tucker and Wax. They were not #1 and 2 on our board. Mahar became a priority recruit when many northeast TEs dropped us from their list hence the reason we started recruiting him late.
Barron, Hanna, and Bell were all probably top recruits in large part because the interest was reciprocated pretty early in the process.
Are we still in play for the rb from Jersey?berger?

100% false with respect to Mahar.

That might be your opinion, but it isn't fact.

"Our only hope?"

Pessimistic crap. You're a better poster than that, hoopsupstate.
Don’t take what I say. Where is this class ranked and don’t say rankings don’t mean anything?

Don’t take what I say. Where is this class ranked and don’t say rankings don’t mean anything?
58, as of this week. In July.

We jumped up more than 20 spots once a prominent recruiting service took their first look at numerous of our recruits. So you'll forgive me being underwhelmed by your argument.

If you include Canada as the NE there is maybe 4-5 TE’s that are considered better then Mahar according to 742. So I’m confused as to that point. I’m pretty sure none of them were offered by us either

If you think 58 in the country and near the bottom of the ACC is good, you have very low expectations.
no, I just recognize the FACT that our coaches are recruiting great athletes. But keep rooting your misinformed opinion on recruiting rankings alone, missing the forest through the trees while we win 8 to 10 games again this year. You can recycle your dopey complaints about how poor recruiting is, how the sky is falling, Etc. again next year.

no, I have perspective on the FACT that our coaches are recruiting great athletes. But keep facing it just in the numbers, and then we went 8 to 10 games again this year, you can recycle your Dopey complaints about how lower recruiting is, how the sky is falling, Etc
I didn’t say the sky is falling. I’m just underwhelmed with our current class. I respectfully disagree with your thoughts. I’m sure the coaches are working hard, but I’m sure all coaching staffs work hard.

Down year on the recruiting front continues. I'm surprised that our only big win has been Mahar. With the relative success we've had on the trail the last 3 years, i thought this year we would have had a mini breakout on the recruiting scene. Was hoping Mahar would have got the ball rolling, and Gowdy could have continued the momentum. Really surprised and can't explain the drop off we are experiencing.

Down year on the recruiting front continues. I'm surprised that our only big win has been Mahar. With the relative success we've had on the trail the last 3 years, i thought this year we would have had a mini breakout on the recruiting scene. Was hoping Mahar would have got the ball rolling, and Gowdy could have continued the momentum. Really surprised and can't explain the drop off we are experiencing.
Recruits are just ignorant and make decisions on underinformed prejudice. Not saying that is what happened here, but as a general principle. They’re lazy and chase stereotypes.