WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal

I remember complaining about how sick I was of hearing “Custis is going to have a breakout year this year”

Until finally he did.

Alford is ahead of Custis at this point. He has the body and a proven ability to make an incredible catches.
Yes he has some drops. Yes we all don’t understand why he wasn’t targeted more.

But there is NO WAY the staff is OK with him leaving.
Ahead of custis outside of blocking. Jamal was fantastic and that was an under appreciated aspect of our big season.

YES HUGE!

Hes already good just needs to get a little better.

Gadsden/Jones/Alford is a good trio with a lot of size and mix in Hatcher or Adams for the speed.

Passing game wasn't really a strength but lot of potential we need continuity. Hope GS ankles hold up though and we get the good guy we see early in the year for more than a couple games.

Ahead of custis outside of blocking. Jamal was fantastic and that was an under appreciated aspect of our big season.
Absolutely. He was a clone of Alford prior to 2018 though looking back.

Thing with that team was Dungey really spread it around Custis didn't get over targeted either and 3 very mediocre WRs in Harris, Nykeim, and Riley got a ton of targets. He could have focused on Jamal and given him huge numbers that year. We didn't lean on Custis like we did Ish the year before or Trish the year after.

Wide World.gif

I was SO HAPPY to see this. Somehow we must’ve come through with a bag to keep him home.

Thank you very much to whoever made that happen.

I have full faith Alford is going to blossom and go to the League.

I think this is huge, with more consistent targets and hard work he has the tools to be a real difference maker……. Still need another WR though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom