WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

WR Damien Alford withdraws from portal

You think you’re some kind of genius for predicting a head case would implode? Sorry bud but that’s not that impressive.
so it wasn't you, like I said sorry, but it was a real battle royale on here with that one, you should have seen it, you wouldn't have flippantly posted had you seen it.

I think it’s a big loss. Garret would lock onto Gadsden often and way more than he should have. He improved later as did Alfords numbers. Really good blocking receiver. This is a loss no doubt.

He targeted him so much he had 5 games with 1 catch, 4 games with 2 catches and his best game was against BC and had a whopping 4 catches.

He didn’t even have 10 catches for the season until game 8.

Obviously coaches dont hide presently better talent on the bench.

Players develop and earn snaps/playing time. Theres players coming up through the ranks that have the potential to replace the production thats leaving or outperform it.

There’s plenty of wideouts who had to earn their shot over time despite being gifted out of HS, Oronde being one of them.

Alford’s a loss but I don’t think it’s going to sink our offenses ship.

Kind of like Courtney leaving, it hurts but it doesn’t.

Courtney had 3 catches for 33 yards in the last 7 games of the season. That one didn't hurt at all.

This one hurts a little, we're not deep at WR. And as posted above, Alford had turned into a pretty good blocker.
Meh, Courtney was still leading the team in catches the year before though. So it still came as kind of tough to digest.

Seemed to look the part more than play the part, though his numbers may be skewed somewhat due to GS Oronde tunnel vision. He is a good blocker. Be interesting to see how he pans out with different/better coaching.

Timing does seem odd. Late bag, got the talk or graded though seems late for that.

If the timeline is similar to Duce, maybe we are getting some new WR from the portal. If memory serves, Duce left right before or after we got Bellamy and Gould.

I figured it would be long or Hatcher leaving If any other Wr’s did.

He seemed to be our only WR willing to block. I was a big fan of his and thought he was set up to have a Custis senior season next year-Has a ton of ability. I have no doubt he will get good offers and is a loss. The timing is definitely surprising. I wonder if there's any chance he changes his mind and we get him back, but not betting on it. Good opportunity for Adams and Hatcher.

Last edited:
This guy was not productive all year. Tons of waxing poetic but he couldn’t put it together here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom