Class of 2015 - WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/TE Najee Clayton (NJ) Verbal to Rutgers

This is great news, I've been following him and things had been quiet. Was waiting to see where he'd reappear.

Teammate Brightwell is OVing to Mizzou I think.

Clayton's a nice prospect because he projects at several postions. I'm guessing he's being looked at for the O side of the ball to start.

Last edited:
I believe Clayton is being recruited as a TE. After Parkinson chose Princeton it left open the pass catching TE they are looking for.

I would sincerely enjoy us landing him, and if PSU loses out I will enjoy that even more. I'm still pissed about them poaching Kelly from us after the wimpy NCAA decided that PSU football being successful was more important than taking a stand against child molestation.

Now this isn't to say he can't take an official visit midweek someplace but there are only 3 weekends left for him to visit and as of now we are slotted for one of them.

These new schools haven't offered yet. I hope they don't. Otherwise it will be that much sweeter when we land him!

These new schools haven't offered yet. I hope they don't. Otherwise it will be that much sweeter when we land him!
Just guessing, they'll offer if he will commit

knowing how this staff thinks I would say probably safety
The two positions that we really need to fill are safety and pass-catching TE and he could fit both, either way I really hope we pull this kid. It already is the best New Jersey haul we've had since Coach P, IMO, but adding Clayton would make it really special.

The two positions that we really need to fill are safety and pass-catching TE and he could fit both, either way I really hope we pull this kid. It already is the best New Jersey haul we've had since Coach P, IMO, but adding Clayton would make it really special.
I think Mr. Dunkelberger will fill your second area of need very nicely. He just happened to be in a offense that didn't give him a ton of opportunity. He's definitely fast enough, that's for sure.

I think Mr. Dunkelberger will fill your second area of need very nicely. He just happened to be in a offense that didn't give him a ton of opportunity. He's definitely fast enough, that's for sure.
I was under the impression that he was gonna be a blocker, but I could be wrong. Definitely fast enough, and definitely big enough.

Guys who are 6-6, 6-5, and 230+ lbs won't just be wide receivers, and that's what you have in Jamal, and Adly.

Najee Clayton ‏@Jee_Sosa9 2h2 hours ago
1f608.png
1f525.png
!! http://pfor.us/video/7482

Highlights

Wow Rashan Gary is an absolute beast. So far we are the only OV Clayton has scheduled. Going to be interesting to see who the other 2 are. He has to do a very good job of trying to figure out what schools actually want him, and what schools want him to come as a back up plan to other potential recruits. We seem to be his safest choice, which isn't really a bad thing.

Wow Rashan Gary is an absolute beast. So far we are the only OV Clayton has scheduled. Going to be interesting to see who the other 2 are. He has to do a very good job of trying to figure out what schools actually want him, and what schools want him to come as a back up plan to other potential recruits. We seem to be his safest choice, which isn't really a bad thing.

clayton is enoicy redux with the visits and falling into our lap/safest choice.