Class of 2014 - WR Treevon Prater (IL) Attending Prep | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Treevon Prater (IL) Attending Prep

"His ceiling is very high," his high school coach, Darren Sunkett, told 247sports last summer. "2012 was really his first year playing organized football. You talk about a kid just in his developmental stage over the course of one year has been phenomenal. It's up to us to get him the ball and up to him to display his talents on defense to get more looks."

BOOM#5 ‏@Treevonprater5 33m
#Syracuse pic.twitter.com/lcTkaEP0BY
BeW6NKcIcAAlLwz.jpg:large

Not sure who made that for him, but sweet picture. Hope all the recruits get their own version!

"His ceiling is very high," his high school coach, Darren Sunkett, told last summer. "2012 was really his first year playing organized football. You talk about a kid just in his developmental stage over the course of one year has been phenomenal. It's up to us to get him the ball and up to him to display his talents on defense to get more looks."

Nothing wrong with taking a high ceiling developmental player. Quite a few, DB's, only really need one to be able to provide depth if needed.

Reddish, Whigs, Morgan are the rotation I would think and maybe Jaston George

Prater also looks bigger in that photo than I first thought. He appears bigger than Ishmael,
Agreed by looking at that picture he looked real big and kind of reminded me of Eskridge and Dyshawn Davis who we also recruited as a safety out of high school.

Nothing wrong with taking a high ceiling developmental player. Quite a few, DB's, only really need one to be able to provide depth if needed.

If he makes it here, Dowels has as good a shot as any to crack the 2-deep CB rotation next season. IMO, he's D-1 ready coming in. Morgan is more of a S, but can play both. Dowels is a true cover CB. Fingers crossed. Prater is the big S we need this year as Money pointed out here previously. If Esk has another good season, he's gone to play on Sundays. I like Prater, a solid 3 star prospect. Oh yeah, from that group recruit photo, he's a legit 6'2".

If he makes it here, Dowels has as good a shot as any to crack the 2-deep CB rotation next season. IMO, he's D-1 ready coming in. Morgan is more of a S, but can play both. Dowels is a true cover CB. Fingers crossed. Prater is the big S we need this year as Money pointed out here previously. If Esk has another good season, he's gone to play on Sundays. I like Prater, a solid 3 star prospect. Oh yeah, from that group recruit photo, he's a legit 6'2".

Even if our secondary doesnt get any additions before NSD, you have to like exactly where we stand from a futures perspective. We are graduating two of our weakest "necessary" players in Anderson and Wilkes, bringing in some strong talent, and get to watch guys like Whigam and Eskridge get another year of development in.

D should be improved over this year if somebody else steps up in the pass rush aside from Welsh.

Even if our secondary doesnt get any additions before NSD, you have to like exactly where we stand from a futures perspective. We are graduating two of our weakest "necessary" players in Anderson and Wilkes, bringing in some strong talent, and get to watch guys like Whigam and Eskridge get another year of development in.

D should be improved over this year if somebody else steps up in the pass rush aside from Welsh.
Are we sure Whigham is gonna play after he had that Esophagus problem that sent him to the hospital during the FSU game. Another big hit isn't something I would want to risk if I were him

Are we sure Whigham is gonna play after he had that Esophagus problem that sent him to the hospital during the FSU game. Another big hit isn't something I would want to risk if I were him

Not to say he definitively is, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he won't be back next season. Wasn't he trying to get cleared for the Texas bowl?

he tweeted a few weeks ago he is fully cleared and ready to go

Libero2 said:
Not to say he definitively is, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he won't be back next season. Wasn't he trying to get cleared for the Texas bowl?

I thought Shafer said he would be back...

Bah Autocorrect, Edit: Congratulations Treevon! Welcome to the orange family! But sure Confraternity too.

Last edited: