WWE Thread | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

I bet Stephanie stepped away because she knew this was coming... and wanted to distance herself from it.

I'm sure Johnny Ace will be the fall guy and fired.

By the way, Nick Kahn has managed to get Shane out and essentially demoted HHH twice while killing the black and gold brand. Stephanie is away as I mentioned above. And now this with Vince and Co. This making the way for him to steal and sell the company.
That would be pretty nuts.

Honestly thought HHH and Stephanie would do a nice job. I would hope the stink of this doesnt affect them.

Honestly thought HHH and Stephanie would do a nice job. I would hope the stink of this doesnt affect them.
I agree... and was hoping for the same (Steph & HHH).

In 2 years, Nick Kahn has drastically cut the roster down and managed to take some McMahon power away as well.

It's just twitter rumors, but talk this is why Stephanie stepped down a few weeks back and HHH was the source for the story.

I don't really believe that, but i really really really want to

Rumors starting to swirl that WWE has released Sasha Banks. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Wow, this is an interesting visual and breakdown of power...
Not really that unusual a structure for a family owned business going public where the original shareholders intend to stay in control post IPO.

They give up some loss of value on the publicly traded common shares in order to retain voting control of the company via preferred shares

Last edited:
Randy Orton Out For Rest Of 2022?:

From Wrestling Observer:

"Fightful reports that WWE fears Randy Orton will have to undergo surgery for the back injury that he's dealing with. WWE sources told Fightful that, if Orton does need to undergo surgery, he'll likely be out of action for the remainder of 2022.

Fightful notes that Orton had "work done to improve his condition" before the Tag Team title unification match, but the extent of the work he had done isn't known. "We’re told that things have gotten progressively worse," the report said."

I'm trying to think of the absolute best case scenario for Vince here - not saying this is what happened.

Best case the relationships were consensual (which has been reported), and the paralegal was trying to extort Vince by going public with the affair and the Vince/Laurinitis situation. Best case there was no harassment or other misconduct with that employee, and it doesn't really delve into "Me Too" type stuff. Vince then paid her off for his own marriage. And there is nothing else really bad out there (which we know may not be the case)

In this "best case", Vince still comes off as a cheater, having very poor judgment, engaging in risky corporate behaviour that certainly lacks in ethics, and comes off at best as creepy.

Even in this "Best case" one has to wonder if the board does not have the power to expel him under a morality clause. Even if Vince fights to stay this one could get messy, with some internal family issues.

And things can certainly be worse than the best case scenario I have laid out above in terms of what happened.

Well, he's 'voluntarily' stepped down as CEO and Board chair for the duration of the investigation. Stephanie, who the company had thrown under the bus less than two weeks ago, will be the acting CEO.

Vince, however, will still be doing all the TV and booking.

All this according to Wrestling Observer.

Well, he's 'voluntarily' stepped down as CEO and Board chair for the duration of the investigation. Stephanie, who the company had thrown under the bus less than two weeks ago, will be the acting CEO.

As a public company the WWE is mandated to put out a press release if a CEO temporarily steps down So Meltzer's claim, not that I have any reason not to believe it, will be confirmed within a few days..

EDIT - Here is the WWE Press release that I just noticed on their corporate website.

"Stamford, Conn. – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Board of Directors today announced that a Special Committee of the Board is conducting an investigation into alleged misconduct by its Chairman and CEO Vincent McMahon and John Laurinaitis, head of talent relations, and that, effective immediately, McMahon has voluntarily stepped back from his responsibilities as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation. McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway."

Last edited:

It's a good day to be named Steph.

Shake my head.
Sadly, regarding me, it will get me to watch Smackdown live for the first time in a while.

Had a +450 bet on Mickelson, Grace and Garcia missing the cut.
Thought I was safe when Garcia started the day with 2 bogies at got to +6. But he got a late birdie to end up at +4.

The cut rule is Top 60 and ties.
+4 is currently #65... its going to be very close but I expect +4 will end up end being in the high 50's and make the cut.

Shake my head.
Sadly, regarding me, it will get me to watch Smackdown live for the first time in a while.

Vince watched MJF blur the lines and now he's going to attempt the same thing.

Way to make your audience look like complete morons.

20 minutes in, and no indication of wrestling yet.

WWE runs way to slowly
AEW runs way to quickly

Both in part due to roster size issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online