WWE Thread | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Good show. These foreign crowds seem to make these PPVs so much better. They went absolutely bonkers several times, and it just helped the presentation of things so much.
Cena teasing a London Mania was fun. They would do big business at Wembley.

Having Jimmy turn back against Jey, and join back with Roman, seems like the first real misstep to me in this whole thing. I think they have showed that not giving it to Sami and Cody were certainly not bad calls -- perhaps they could have made it work either way.

No issue with dragging things out as long as the story keeps moving forward, but this step seems like no real advance in the story and more circular than anything.

Last edited:
As for the card itself. I did more background watching than intent watching, so that may be reflected in my comments.

Main event seemed to drag on for a while, perhaps too long, before it picked up as did the Cody match. Seemed the rest of the card was fairly good but as I said I was not watching anything intently.

As for the card itself. I did more background watching than intent watching, so that may be reflected in my comments.

Main event seemed to drag on for a while, perhaps too long, before it picked up as did the Cody match. Seemed the rest of the card was fairly good but as I said I was not watching anything intently.
They did Finn Balor dirty. Guy deserves a title. He could have won and then had a paranoid storyline with whether Priest would cash in on him.

Also, the Rousey match might be one of the worst matches I’ve ever seen. Never seen a crowd deflate like that before. Just awful booking.

They did Finn Balor dirty. Guy deserves a title. He could have won and then had a paranoid storyline with whether Priest would cash in on him.

Also, the Rousey match might be one of the worst matches I’ve ever seen. Never seen a crowd deflate like that before. Just awful booking.
Agreed on both accounts. Finn should've had it again by now. He got boned at Money in the Bank too. Him and Seth have had excellent matches despite the endings.

Opening match between Ricochet and Logan Paul was good, but there were some points where Logan showed some inexperience.

Brock/Cody was good too. Ending/after the match was a little odd. I thought maybe it was for Brock going face again. Apparently, Brock did his own thing post match for Cody.

Gunther looked like a real life movie villain. Just keeps getting it done.. and gets better each time. He is an impressive big guy.

The women's matches (3 of them) were meh. Solid cash in for Iyo Sky.

To no surprise the Bloodline storyline continues but not a fan of the Jimmy turn/angle. I guess it sets up a Jey vs Jimmy match... maybe Wrestlemania (but we have a ways to go until that). I've seen the Usos in a somewhat recent interview where that is their dream match.

Its just tough because Roman is pretty obviously in a holding pattern until he faces Cody again, but thats probably not till Mania.

Its just tough because Roman is pretty obviously in a holding pattern until he faces Cody again, but thats probably not till Mania.
This is the first time, IMO, that the Bloodline storyline is starting to show its age. Since that storyline is the main reason why WWE has been so hot, it'll be interesting to see if, for the first time, they begin to lose some momentum.

I’m really tired of money in the bank cash ins on injured winners who just wrestled.

Like…it was cool when Edge did it for the first time almost 20 years ago.

How is this still a big thing? It’s so corny and lazy. They should’ve closed that loophole a long time ago after Edge exposed it.

Rollins - Balor was absurdly ridiculous with 500 finisher kick outs and lots of jumping around, of course.

Where was Owens and Zayn?

Why didn’t Rhea wrestle?

Rhodes - Lesnar was easily the best match. They had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands the whole time.

I’m not sure about Reigns -Jey. I haven’t been watching the weekly shows….did they hint at this as a possibility? If it’s just an out of nowhere “gotcha”….eh. If there’s reasons and justification….maybe. We’ll see. I know that they just beat them in a tag match main event at the last PPV and that was the last thing I’ve seen, so it didn’t make sense to me.

Why didn’t Rhea wrestle?
I heard Owens is dealing with a broken rib so is getting some time off to recover.

Not sure why Rhea didn’t wrestle. Originally, it was supposed to be Becky Lynch vs Trish Stratus instead of the Rousey-Baszler match but Rousey had a hard deadline in her contract of when she was leaving WWE so they put the match in knowing she’s gone indefinitely now.

I heard Owens is dealing with a broken rib so is getting some time off to recover.

Not sure why Rhea didn’t wrestle. Originally, it was supposed to be Becky Lynch vs Trish Stratus instead of the Rousey-Baszler match but Rousey had a hard deadline in her contract of when she was leaving WWE so they put the match in knowing she’s gone indefinitely now.
That Rousey match was terrible. Makes sense why they had her get destroyed, I guess?

Feel like that could’ve been a Raw match. Trish-Becky are the bigger stars within WWE - I would’ve rather seen that. The Rousey match seemed to suck the air out of the crowd.

Rhea is a champion…does she not have a feud going?

That Rousey match was terrible. Makes sense why they had her get destroyed, I guess?

Feel like that could’ve been a Raw match. Trish-Becky are the bigger stars within WWE - I would’ve rather seen that. The Rousey match seemed to suck the air out of the crowd.

Rhea is a champion…does she not have a feud going?

The Rousey match was brutal but she is (was?) a big star and they did a great video package for the match and it's her last match for a while so I think it had to be on ppv.

Rhea has a storyline going with Raquel, that match was originally earmarked for the show along with the Becky match but they both got pulled for time. The show went over 4 hours, I really can't imagine putting any more matches on it

The Rousey match was brutal but she is (was?) a big star and they did a great video package for the match and it's her last match for a while so I think it had to be on ppv.

Rhea has a storyline going with Raquel, that match was originally earmarked for the show along with the Becky match but they both got pulled for time. The show went over 4 hours, I really can't imagine putting any more matches on it
I’d rather see those matches than a battle royale too, personally. But I guess they had no other way to give LA Knight a moment?

I’d rather see those matches than a battle royale too, personally. But I guess they had no other way to give LA Knight a moment?

Slim Jims paid them a lot for the sponsorship, so their hands were tied there

Trying to make sense of the Jimmy interference, without the story being "circular" with guys coming in and out of the bloodline which IMO would really hurt the storyline. (then again some were concerned after the Sami match, Cody match and that never happened)

I suspect Jimmy is acting on his own, and has a beef with all of them now.

My guess is that within 2-4 months we will have a 4-Way match between Roman/Jey/Jimmy/Solo. And perhaps one 3-way without Roman before that. Essentially the finality of the bloodline is every single one of them has their own agenda and becomes their own man moving forward into 2024.

Obviously they will also get an Uso/Uso match out of it, but in the scenario above they try to delay that one as much as they can - perhaps at WM40.

Last edited:
Slim Jims paid them a lot for the sponsorship, so their hands were tied there

And LA Knight plays a prominent role moving forward in Slim Jims commercial as a key spokesman... basically becomes the face to replace the iconic Randy Savage in those commercials. It's not a nothing.

Trying to make sense of the Jimmy interference, without the story being "circular" with guys coming in and out of the bloodline which IMO would really hurt the storyline. (then again some were concerned after the Sami match, Cody match and that never happened)

I suspect Jimmy is acting on his own, and has a beef with all of them now.

My guess is that within 2-4 months we will have a 4-Way match between Roman/Jey/Jimmy/Solo. And perhaps one 3-way without Roman before that. Essentially the finality of the bloodline is every single one of them has their own agenda and becomes their own man moving forward into 2024.

Obviously they will also get an Uso/Uso match out of it, but in the scenario above they try to delay that one as much as they can - perhaps at WM40.
Ah, that’s a good call. Roman and Solo had tension last night too.

I’m really tired of money in the bank cash ins on injured winners who just wrestled.

Like…it was cool when Edge did it for the first time almost 20 years ago.

How is this still a big thing? It’s so corny and lazy. They should’ve closed that loophole a long time ago after Edge exposed it.

Rollins - Balor was absurdly ridiculous with 500 finisher kick outs and lots of jumping around, of course.

Why didn’t Rhea wrestle?

Rhodes - Lesnar was easily the best match. They had the crowd eating out of the palms of their hands the whole time.

I’m not sure about Reigns -Jey. I haven’t been watching the weekly shows….did they hint at this as a possibility? If it’s just an out of nowhere “gotcha”….eh. If there’s reasons and justification….maybe. We’ll see. I know that they just beat them in a tag match main event at the last PPV and that was the last thing I’ve seen, so it didn’t make sense to me.

I agree with the concept of the Money in the Bank needed to be overhauled. Perhaps have it every now and then when it makes sense, but not every year. At least this year with Priest they had a potential for a good storyline (which they threw away).

But prior year runs with Otis and Theory were bad and messed with storylines.

Not sure why they did not go to Finn - they had a storyline set up it seemed.

Also don't really think there was a need to protect Seth or this new title. Seth overcomes losses all the time in recent years.

Also at what point are they going to take the US Title away from Theory? He is doing literally nothing. Heck, he wasn't even given a special announcement like a handful of guys were given for the Battle Royal.

It's almost like they are trying to kill that thing and elevate the IC title in the process.

I agree with the concept of the Money in the Bank needed to be overhauled. Perhaps have it every now and then when it makes sense, but not every year. At least this year with Priest they had a potential for a good storyline (which they threw away).

But prior year runs with Otis and Theory were bad and messed with storylines.

I say just make it so you have to announce ahead of time when you’re cashing in - and not allow it to be the same night the champion has already wrestled.

It’s not the hardcore title. This is the world title we’re talking about - it should be won/lost in real, actual matches.

And thinking more - didn’t they call Edge “the Ultimate Opportunist”? That should’ve been his thing, not everybody who wins MITB.

I say just make it so you have to announce ahead of time when you’re cashing in - and not allow it to be the same night the champion has already wrestled.

It’s not the hardcore title. This is the world title we’re talking about - it should be won/lost in real, actual matches.

It does certainly "cheapen" the win for the person in the current format, especially if that person is a face (or over like Sky). And then if the person fails to convert the MITB they look like an idiot or they take a major character hit.

Agreed - that calling your separate match should be the way.

Also at what point are they going to take the US Title away from Theory? He is doing literally nothing. Heck, he wasn't even given a special announcement like a handful of guys were given for the Battle Royal.

It's almost like they are trying to kill that thing and elevate the IC title in the process.
I think that might be LA Knight's landing spot.

Im seeing nothing to change my mind that pumpfaking on both Sami and Cody were the wrong moves.

They could still be telling this implosion of the Bloodline story without the title.

If it all ends with Cody winning the title at NEXT Wrestlemania…..that’s a long time to drag it out, and for what? He could’ve just won it in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom