Yes or No and Age... | Syracusefan.com

Yes or No and Age...

Do you consider Rutgers a rival?

No

I'm 29.

The fact that this board is OBSESSED with any and all things Rutgers makes them as close to a "rival" that exists for SU football.

Do you consider Rutgers a rival?

No

I'm your age almost. And come next week, I pretend to forget I ever heard that R word. So, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With colleges, a rival is a game you mark on your calendar in all sports. Army-Navy is a big game in football, basketball, and men's soccer. We may talk about Rutgers on the football board more than any other Big East team, but a lot of that is driven by the trolls from Jerzey State U. that post here. We've never circled the Rutgers game on the basketbal schedule. That's been reserved for Georgetown games and possibly UConn in recent times. I'd actually argue that B.C. Is a bigger rival of ours in my time following SU football. I'm sure others on here might say Pitt, or WV. That alone tells me we have no true rival. Texas A&M made a 4 story bonefire every year before the big Texas game. That's a rival. Ohio State refers to their rival as "that team from up North" and has a local band named the Dead Schembechlers. That's a rival. Rutgers has become an annoyance for the last decade, but they aren't our rival. I'll take the return of the B.C. series starting next year over the Rutgers series ending this year. So that being said...
No

No

I knew you were looking older when I saw you Saturday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No, 32.

Would add, this is coming from me as an upstate NYer (grew up) and also alumni (02 UG / 04 Grad).

No, growing up it felt like Ped st. then "The U" we were pretty broke but still made a point of going to the UM game EVERY year they were in town.

It probably wont feel like we have another rival until we are good again. Pitt would be pretty likely if they get better, as the Bball rivalry that has been brewing may bubble over to the gridiron.

grew up in cuse, also cuse alum, also spent a few years in NYC for work so i think i have pretty good perspective fwiw

Based on how much time we have spent talking about them the last two weeks, and yes I include the week leading up to Pitt whom we have played more than any other team except penn state, I would say that yes we are rivals. We just need a trophy to award the victor.

No and ive been dead for100 years

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom