Yes or No and Age... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yes or No and Age...

yes this week
no moving forward

This. I'm 32, and they have been a legitimate football "rival" since the last days of Pasqualoni. Let's face it we have not played many meaningful games over the past 10 years, but the ones with Rutgers seemed the most meaningful.

Yes, for the last ten years they have been a conference rival, regional rival and recruiting rival.

I knew you were looking older when I saw you Saturday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ha! I can still get up and down the field.

yup.

I think people make the mistake of thinking of rivals as these age-old territorial grudge matches that last for ever and ever. Realistically, it's any team you play regularly and develop a distaste for for whatever reason. The day and age of rivals in perpetuity are gone. ND no longer playing michigan, our g'town hoops rivalry likely dying ... the simple fact is, if there are enough dollar signs, the red river rivalry could be gone in a heartbeat.

So yeah, for a largely irrelevant program, rutgers counts as a rival.

Yes. If Rutgers isn't a rival, then we don't have a rival.

I'd rather not have one. And no part of me is joking.

But it will be BC going forward, a school much more worthy of being associated with as a rival. After Spaziani is fired, maybe they'll go back to when they got coaching hires right.

No.

They're the annoying poser that soon will be exposed.

Georgetown BB, UCONN BB, ...Villanova BB, St John's BB...Long ago VT and Miami FB were rivals. Since the beginning of the breakup of the Big East no one cared about the other FB team we play except WV, PITT. We do not have a FB rival. BTW this is also why attendance at the Dome has sucked. The team has been bad and no one cares about who we were playing. This is all about to change in a dramatic way when ACC FB play starts.
GO ORANGE !

They haven't done enough to deserve to be our rival. Resounding no...35

On this board? Yes, some people are obsessed.

In my opinion? Kinda, because Marrone seems to care a lot.

When the Penn State series ended, I missed them on the schedule. Still do. (Yes)

When the BC series ended, I missed them. Glad they were back on the schedule, and glad to be in the same conference. (Yes)

When West Virginia moved on this year, I miss seeing them on the schedule - even though they score 70 a week. Glad we have the trophy forever. (Yes)

From next Sunday onward, when SUNJ falls off our schedule, I will never think about them again. (No)

Our rivals were the old eastern independents.

I'm 43.

Oh, and it felt great to beat Pitt!

Only in the same way that insects are rivals on a picnic...sometimes they ruin the picnic but with very real differences from humans

No Pitt and BC are rivals, nice to be back to playing both again 66.

No!

Rutgers has only been and will only be a nuisance. They won some games, more when we were down, but nobody ever much thought about them. Even now, the guys I work with hear the Rutgers fans talk about Syracuse as a great rival and ask me about our "big" rivalry and are shocked when I explain that nobody ever really cared for playing Rutgers, they were just an easy win, except in the GROB era. Kind of like UT playing TTech, Tech had a few good years with Leach at the helm but there really is no rivalry between the Longhorns and the Raiders.

Georgetown BB, UCONN BB, ...Villanova BB, St John's BB...Long ago VT and Miami FB were rivals. Since the beginning of the breakup of the Big East no one cared about the other FB team we play except WV, PITT. We do not have a FB rival. BTW this is also why attendance at the Dome has sucked. The team has been bad and no one cares about who we were playing. This is all about to change in a dramatic way when ACC FB play starts.
GO ORANGE !
nralecuse, Today at 8:28 PMReportWhen the Penn State series ended, I missed them on the schedule. Still do. (Yes)

When the BC series ended, I missed them. Glad they were back on the schedule, and glad to be in the same conference. (Yes)
When West Virginia moved on this year, I miss seeing them on the schedule - even though they score 70 a week. Glad we have the trophy forever. (Yes)
From next Sunday onward, when SUNJ falls off our schedule, I will never think about them again. (No)
Our rivals were the old eastern independents. I'm 43. Oh, and it felt great to beat Pitt!
CuyahogaCuse, 54 minutes agoReport

EXACTLY NO 51 (STILL SEE PENN ST. AS A RIVAL)

Nope. I think their fans are suckholes but after this year good riddance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom