Yes or No and Age... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Yes or No and Age...

No. 20.

Rivalry's should be more than pissing matches on message boards. Our Rutgers "Rivalry" is no more than that.

no

(a year or two younger than Cherie)

No 30.

Although some talk abut Rutgers, Rutgers, buttgers more than they talk about Cuse.

The true measure of a rival would be who from the Big East we would schedule non conference and my guess is nobody

I am 31 years old.

I was born and raised in jersey. I grew up watching SU football and Bball dominate on TV. I applied to all of the usuals that a typical smart kid from Jersey would (SU, VaTech, UMD College Park, Drexel, and RU). I graduated from SU in 2003. I was there to witness the beginning of the decline of SU football.

Dont get me wrong, I saw the Nunes Michigan game, the Freeny 4 sack Vick game, I even went back in 04 to watch the FSU game. I live in jersey today, a stones throw from RU. My wife is an RU alum. My sister is an RU alum. Lots of our friends are RU alums. My neighbors have block R's on all their cars.

Honestly, I think the Rivalry is an internet message board thing. Joe Casual fan, does NOT think this is a rivalry. Look at the lifetime series record, I mean cmon.

That being said, I think the reason our two fanbases hate each other so much (on the internet) is that SU fans think RU is directly responsible for the downfall of SU football. RU used to be the homecoming game. When I grew up, it was not uncommon for me to put on espn and see that a team dropped 70 on RU, including our own SU teams. Since about 2000, we have sucked and they have not. In my mind the would can not be right again until we are good and they suck again.

I wouldnt mind if both teams are good for the foreseeable future, it makes the games more exciting, but in my opinion i do not think the northeast can support 4 division 1 FBS teams (BC, RU, UConn, SU) recruiting wise.

So to sum it up.
Yes they are a rival.

I will be at the game on saturday, I hope we win in convincing fashion, and i never have to speak of RU again.

"Rival" is such a loaded word.

There are RIVALS, like Ohio State-Michigan, or Alabama-Auburn, where fans care 365 days a year what the other is doing.

And then there are "rivals"... teams you play a lot where you have an occasional interest because of that familiarity.

Syracuse doesn't have a football RIVAL.

Rutgers is a conference opponent. They won't be one again after Saturday.

As Chip noted, it'd be great if SU and BC got back to the kind of programs we had in the early 90s. That'd make for a good rivalry.

Some of you guys need to get with the times. RU is definitely a rival, as is UConn and BC.

No

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Let's see your son is 10? That means you were getting busy at 9? Kudos to you.

To the question No and older than I want to be.

As much as I regret to say it, right now - yes.

That will change very soon - at least I hope it will.

Let's see your son is 10? That means you were getting busy at 9? Kudos to you.

To the question No and older than I want to be.

He's 15

NO. 61.

Colgate has a better claim to being a rival than Rutgers.

As much as I regret to say it, right now - yes.

That will change very soon - at least I hope it will.

I think you'll get to 54.

No.

you could say years ago it was Colgate, then Penn state and even BC.
I would say in the recent past it has been WVU. (trophy, fight at mid field etc.)
This year is a weird year, we have one foot out the door. Our new rival is in the ACC...yet to be determined.

No, and I rather not have a rival than consider Rutgers to be the rival. Playing close games and being one of the only teams SU could beat, during one of the worst stretches in program history, does not make Rutgers a rival.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom