Yes or No and Age... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Yes or No and Age...

Nope.

I don't think Cuse really has one.

Although I basically always considered BC as rival #1.

Going forward, it will be them and Pitt as 2 games I most definetly will want to win every year.

I am 28 years old, and during my 4 years at the Dome we never had a football rival the biggest games during my 4 years were 2002 #1 Miami when they came in and we got blown out but the Dome was energetic, 2003 Boston College after they announced they were leaving and we showered them in dollar bills,2003 Notre Dame Walter Reyes just scored again for LSU, 2004 Florida State which was homecoming and we should have beaten a top 10 team, 2005 WVU the first game of the GRob era the Dome was loud and had a legit 45k that Sunday afternoon. I never in my 4 years considered Rutgers anything more than another conference game. We played them 3 of my 4 years at the Dome and honestly I left all of them early even though the one in 04 I wanna say was an entertaining game I just knew we weren't losing to Rutgers.

I don't consider them a rival, playing them is no different than Louisville, Cincinnati, or USF just a game I don't want to lose. Their program is built on a house of cards as they have tried to copy the Va. Tech model of scheduling nobodies and making themselves look good, but VPI had some tough conferences games in Miami, SU, Pitt, WVU, and BC. RU in the Big East doesn't have that schedule so I am going to say no Rutgers is not a rival. After this game I never want to play that POS program again.

If I had to qualify who our football rivals are I would say
1. BC- Northeast private school, with decent tradition.
2. Pitt- we have been playing them for 50 years now.
3. WVU- trophy game
4. Miami(Fl) McNabb torching Miami still in mind.

Some of you guys need to get with the times. RU is definitely a rival, as is UConn and BC.

A rival would be missed. No one will miss playing Buttgers.

A rival would be missed. No one will miss playing Buttgers.
I take this board to be a pretty good conglomerate of SU fans, and probably a decent representation of the hardcores of the fan base. There is no other school outside of SU that gets as much of a mention on this football board than RU. There is no other school that elicits the kind of response that RU does when mentioned on this board. I don't care if we'll miss them when SU doesn't play them anymore -- I don't think there's a program out there that the hardcore fans hate more right now.

I take this board to be a pretty good conglomerate of SU fans, and probably a decent representation of the hardcores of the fan base. There is no other school outside of SU that gets as much of a mention on this football board than RU. There is no other school that elicits the kind of response that RU does when mentioned on this board. I don't care if we'll miss them when SU doesn't play them anymore -- I don't think there's a program out there that the hardcore fans hate more right now.

Meh...

I don't hate Rutgers and I don't hate Tampa Bay. However, there is something associated with each of them that I despise.

As was posted upthread, it's an internet feud waged by a hundred people.

The rank-and-file SU fanbase cares about Rutgers the same way they care about UConn, Temple, Cincy, etc.

Nope, i want to stab them in the face with a sodering iron same as any other opponent.

28 and a half.

Yes

Rationale: I would not have said yes 10-12 years ago. But no matter how much we hate to admit it, we have played at or below their level for the majority of the last decade. We recruit in a similar demo area. Now...I truly believe that in 10 years the ACC move is going to vault us well above and beyond Rutgers again, and, when it comes to football, BC, Pitt, and Maryland will become our biggest annual rivals once again. But for now, it is a yes.

Edit- Hmmm...I answered yes before reading the thread. Oh boy. I am about to get a shitstorm thrown at me. lol.

Do you consider Rutgers a rival?

No

Yes, 45. 2 words...Ray Rice

Rivals on the recruiting trails, fall out from PP firing after which each team went different ways as a direct result, war of words over the years, SU looking up at them in the standings for the last several years. Face it, rival.

No

also,
7.26p-acc-logo.jpeg

31, and no.

If we had stayed in the BE then maybe it would have become a rival, but I don't anticipate playing them too much in the future. You have to play your rivals for them to actually be, you know, rivals.

Of course sadly, with WVU in the B12 and us leaving for the ACC anyway, I guess that means Pitt is our default rival moving forward. Or I guess maybe BC?

Either way, we're in desperate need of a new rival.

Yes and No (They are unfortunately the only thing even close to a rival right now, but I still don't view them as a true rivalry, I just don't like them. There fans are fake and the definition of bandwagoner's, I still remember them and Temple being the laughing stock of the Big East.) 24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom