You all are overreacting | Syracusefan.com

You all are overreacting

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Nothing that has come out to date has implicated BF in any legal wrong doing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
This has become a circus. ESPN has basically resorted to reporting on a the Associate Head Coach's personal sexual life and that of his wife. Thats it.
There are no criminal charges. There is nothing. This is a media created event, a media fed event and thats how the university has to handle this.
Bernie has to resign, this has become over the top sensationalized to the point of no turning back, right or wrong. The University and Boeheim have to distance themselves from this circus and allow the Fine's to go down in flames if ESPN so chooses to play it that way.
Anyone who thinks "the tape" or the new accuser hold a shred of credibility in a court of law are delusional.
Any media member calling for Boeheim's head is part of the problem. Jason Whitlock continues to be correct that this is a farce. Boeheim has done NOTHING wrong. You nor a court of law will be able to prove these charges one way or the other. You nor a court of law will be able to prove whether or not Lang and Davis are lying. Boeheim is well within his right to call these accusers "liars" and that statement HAS NOT been proven false. Anyone who feels I'm wrong on this, feel free to explain.
This whitetrash stuffshow needs to play itself out and the University needs to detach itself.

It looks real bad for BF, but I'm only 90% convinced that he is actually guilty - a lot of stuff doesn't add up.

It really doesn't matter if it can be "legally proven", it's all about public perception. The (strong) public perception, based largely on the Laurie Fine tape, is that Bernie molested young ball boys because he is a pedophile and craves "male companionship". It's all out there, if you open up your ears and listen.

So what if he can't be criminally prosecuted in the State of NY for the crimes he committed against Davis (and Lang)...it doesn't mean he didn't commit those horrible crimes against kids because they guy is a sick-fluck.

Getting away with a crime doesn't mean you didn't commit the crime!!!

It really doesn't matter if it can be "legally proven", it's all about public perception. The (strong) public perception, based largely on the Laurie Fine tape, is that Bernie molested young ball boys because he is a pedophile and craves "male companionship". It's all out there, if you open up your ears and listen.

So what if he can't be criminally prosecuted in the State of NY for the crimes he committed against Davis (and Lang)...it doesn't mean he didn't commit those horrible crimes against kids because they guy is a sick-fluck.

ugh. fail.

Let the media take him down. Thats fine. My point is Boeheim has done nothing wrong. The university has done nothing wrong. There is no case. Any assumptions, as you obviously are assuming in your post. You're part of the problem as ESPN and these other dopes calling for JAB's head. "it doesn't mean he didn't commit those horrible crimes against kids because they guy is a sick-fluck." Dude? Really? What eveidence is there that BF is a sick-fluck? Sure, he's quite positively a gay guy, a safe assumption at this point. But pedophile? evidence?

So you believe what LF said is all true - something just doesn't add up. Like some of have said it could be that LF and Davis staged this whole thing up.

Boeheim is well within his right to call these accusers "liars" and that statement HAS NOT been proven false. Anyone who feels I'm wrong on this, feel free to explain.

JB is a representative of the university. That means he has an obligation to act a certain way and not comment on certain things publicly. Hank Williams Jr has a right to say what he wants about politics. But as a representative of MNF he shouldn't be making his beliefs public.

JB is a representative of the university. That means he has an obligation to act a certain way and not comment on certain things publicly. Hank Williams Jr has a right to say what he wants about politics. But as a representative of MNF he shouldn't be making his beliefs public.
again. no. completely and patently different scenarios.
if stuart scott was accused of molesting children, and placed on leave, and chris berman came on air saying what JB said, with the evidence presented to date, thats wrong? I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility of that happening. And I'm pretty confident.
I'm still in the camp of guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately, the Univ has to separate itself from this totally. That does not mean JAB was wrong one iota in doing what he did at the time. Calls for his head? crazy.

again. no. completely and patently different scenarios.
if stuart scott was accused of molesting children, and placed on leave, and chris berman came on air saying what JB said, with the evidence presented to date, thats wrong? I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility of that happening. And I'm pretty confident.
I'm still in the camp of guilty until proven innocent. Unfortunately, the Univ has to separate itself from this totally. That does not mean JAB was wrong one iota in doing what he did at the time. Calls for his head? crazy.

I don't think what Hank Williams said should have gotten him fired. But public pressure made it so. No one would have an issue with JB sticking up for Bernie. That is commendable. The problem is he attacked the accusers.

So you believe what LF said is all true - something just doesn't add up. Like some of have said it could be that LF and Davis staged this whole thing up.
LOL, when all else fails, go to the conspiracy theory...

...and wait 9 years to do it.....

...because you knew it would have the most impact because of the Penn State allegations...

Sure...

I think you support your own. I think you support your own until its time not to support your own.

But at this point it doesnt matter if Bernie is guilty or not. The tape recording is going to make impossible for him to be part of the program anymore. In the back of my mind I was thinking maybe, just maybe, bernie had a consensual gay relationship with this guy when he was of age. Thats where i thought this was going to end up. And thats not illegal so i wasnt bothered. But now the Fine family has embarrassed the program. They have embarrassed JB. when you look at these two you cant help but realize how much they owe SU. lets face it - they werent going to set the world on fire otherwise.

JB needs to choose his next words carefully because they likely determine both his and the program's future - basketball at SU is deader than dead without him.

I don't think what Hank Williams said should have gotten him fired. But public pressure made it so. No one would have an issue with JB sticking up for Bernie. That is commendable. The problem is he attacked the accusers.

I think it can be accepted as fact that Lang lied, either when he denied it in 200x or changed his story this year.

Best thread on JB today!!!! JB and SU have to flush this guy. It was a freak house and needs to go away. I can not think that JB would have said what he said knowing that BF and his wife were doing this stuff. He stood by his friend... His friend let him stand up for him knowing that he was dirty... Not a friend anymore...

Nothing that has come out to date has implicated BF in any legal wrong doing. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
This has become a circus. ESPN has basically resorted to reporting on a the Associate Head Coach's personal sexual life and that of his wife. Thats it.
There are no criminal charges. There is nothing. This is a media created event, a media fed event and thats how the university has to handle this.
Bernie has to resign, this has become over the top sensationalized to the point of no turning back, right or wrong. The University and Boeheim have to distance themselves from this circus and allow the Fine's to go down in flames if ESPN so chooses to play it that way.
Anyone who thinks "the tape" or the new accuser hold a shred of credibility in a court of law are delusional.
Any media member calling for Boeheim's head is part of the problem. Jason Whitlock continues to be correct that this is a farce. Boeheim has done NOTHING wrong. You nor a court of law will be able to prove these charges one way or the other. You nor a court of law will be able to prove whether or not Lang and Davis are lying. Boeheim is well within his right to call these accusers "liars" and that statement HAS NOT been proven false. Anyone who feels I'm wrong on this, feel free to explain.
This whitetrash stuffshow needs to play itself out and the University needs to detach itself.

Might ant to tell SU they wrongfully terminated Bernie then.

ugh. fail.

Let the media take him down. Thats fine. My point is Boeheim has done nothing wrong. The university has done nothing wrong. There is no case. Any assumptions, as you obviously are assuming in your post. You're part of the problem as ESPN and these other dopes calling for JAB's head. "it doesn't mean he didn't commit those horrible crimes against kids because they guy is a sick-fluck." Dude? Really? What eveidence is there that BF is a sick-fluck? Sure, he's quite positively a gay guy, a safe assumption at this point. But pedophile? evidence?

You don't know if JB did anything wrong. I sure hope not. Best case, though, is he is niave. It's not like these kids were invisible. It's not like the situation was normal. So, with the best case- is this a a fireable offense? Not sure but it could be. The university could take pre-emptive action against the fear of anything worse and fire JB. Geez, he's best friends with Fine for 50 years. JB probably knows the various odors of Bernie's gas but he was completely oblivious of this? I'm not convinced.

I totally agree with pearl... Espn has turned people into blind sheep that call for people's heads without anything factual to back it up. I'm sick of people like this, innocent until proven guilty does not seem to be the case anymore thanks to ESPN and the idiots that jump to conclusions based on emotion.

SU can't terminate a coach for he and his wife having a sexual relationship with an 18 year old former ball boy?

Ugh. Another fail. Obviously he wasnt wrongfully terminated. The negative media attention is grounds for termination. Doesn't mean he's guilty.

Wow. How naive i was to come here expecting to see contrition from the contingent who swore up and down that Bernie was innocent and we all need to "support our family."

Still holding out hope, eh? That the tape was fabricated? That the statements on the tape are too vague and don't relate to the accusations? That none of it occurred before Davis' 18th birthday? I guess that's why religion survives. People NEED to believe, and will convince themselves of the validity of all manner of fairy tales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom