"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells

Seriously?

I said, two years ago, that it'd take a good 3 or so years for any new coach to get this, or any team, out of a sht hole. I personally think Babers and his staff have the ability to do this, but it's going to take time. More so, I think, than the timeline he gave when he was first hired here. If you can't see the OBVIOUS improvements since 2015, it might be a good time for you to turn off the TV, grab a 5th of the crappiest rum on the planet, and erase your mental hard drive. It's easier to cope when you can't remember sht.

I think that rum is ron Rico.. drank a ton of it as a kid, these days I prefer Mt Gay

Fans were asking for Coach Mac’s heads right before the undefeated season. Fans will be fans I guess. We are improving which is the bottom line. We are not turning this ship around in a season or two after going 15 plus years of suctatude. We have the coaching staff to do it. Give them time. Calmer heads will prevail here.

The goal is to get to a bowl this year, any bowl. That is still possible this year and if it doesn’t happen next year it will.

Here’s to hoping we can get 6 wins and get to a bowl game aka a participation trophy lol what a stupid post

Fans were asking for Coach Mac’s heads right before the undefeated season. Fans will be fans I guess. We are improving which is the bottom line. We are not turning this ship around in a season or two after going 15 plus years of suctatude. We have the coaching staff to do it. Give them time. Calmer heads will prevail here.

The goal is to get to a bowl this year, any bowl. That is still possible this year and if it doesn’t happen next year it will.

That was Mac's 5th year.

Agree this has to be one of the all-time dumbest posts. Only a moron would fail to see the tremendous job this coaching staff has done and the absolute grit, heart and determination of the players.
BINGO! He is a clown looking for attention. Ignore him and he'll go away.

We really have some stupid, whiny, clueless fans.

It’s not just us. Horrible and clueless sports fans are all around the country. Way more common than good sports fans. I don’t even bother talking sports with most “sports fans”, I just change the subject or give them something generic and move on if they try to talk it with me.

It’s not just us. Horrible and clueless sports fans are all around the country. Way more common than good sports fans. I don’t even bother talking sports with most “sports fans”, I just change the subject or give them something generic and move on if they try to talk it with me.
I really should follow your lead. I just, for some reason, can't. I must be an ftard.

I used to love to listen to sports talk growing up. Now I listen to a few minutes on the drive to work and the drive home and that's it. People call in who just think they are brilliant, and they are...not.

I really should follow your lead. I just, for some reason, can't. I must be an ftard.

Lol, it definitely takes some discipline. Never mind big picture stuff, I’m always amazed at how many people just have no idea what they’re seeing and watching right in front of them. I slip up occasionally. I was at the Bills-Raiders game and some guy sitting behind me started going nuts because Taylor’s pass was tipped and came up short to the WR. He’s freaking out and had no clue it was tipped “come on Tyrod, are you kidding me? What kind of throw was that?” I couldn’t help it and told him it was tipped. No clue how you could miss that.

Every time you post on here I think you prove something to all of us.
What I prove, time and again, is that criticism of the program is not welcome on this board.

There is way too much Dino-love here that is not supported by results on the field. Yes, it is wonderful that the defense has improved, yes the offense is better than it was. But, what difference does it make if other teams still find ways to beat us?

The schedule is so hard? It will be more or less the same every year because we have Louisville, Clemson & FSU in our division. Not changing anytime soon. Out of conference games? Other than LSU, who did we play that was really good?

It takes time! How much time? All I am hoping for is 6 wins & 6 losses in year two. A .500 record, THAT IS ALL. That WOULD be a clear, unmistakable, quantifiably documented signal of improvement. Unfortunately, we have remaining on the schedule a Wake team that put up 34 points on ND (yes, I know, much of that in 2nd half garbage time), Louisville with a 1st round draft pick QB at home (but, fortunately with little that resembles a defense), and a resurgent BC that crushed, I mean demolished FSU. How realistic is this looking to you?

Improvement must come. When you and others take the orange-colored glasses off and think about it, you know darn well that if there isn't improvement on the field in terms of wins and losses (and you know that in the end that is all that counts), the administration will be forced to rethink the situation. I DO NOT want this to happen. I want Dino to succeed. And 6 wins 6 losses is the next step on the road to success.

B. Belichick: "We're on to Wake (sic)"

What I prove, time and again, is that criticism of the program is not welcome on this board.

There is way too much Dino-love here that is not supported by results on the field. Yes, it is wonderful that the defense has improved, yes the offense is better than it was. But, what difference does it make if other teams still find ways to beat us?

The schedule is so hard? It will be more or less the same every year because we have Louisville, Clemson & FSU in our division. Not changing anytime soon. Out of conference games? Other than LSU, who did we play that was really good?

It takes time! How much time? All I am hoping for is 6 wins & 6 losses in year two. A .500 record, THAT IS ALL. That WOULD be a clear, unmistakable, quantifiably documented signal of improvement. Unfortunately, we have remaining on the schedule a Wake team that put up 34 points on ND (yes, I know, much of that in 2nd half garbage time), Louisville with a 1st round draft pick QB at home (but, fortunately with little that resembles a defense), and a resurgent BC that crushed, I mean demolished FSU. How realistic is this looking to you?

Improvement must come. When you and others take the orange-colored glasses off and think about it, you know darn well that if there isn't improvement on the field in terms of wins and losses (and you know that in the end that is all that counts), the administration will be forced to rethink the situation. I DO NOT want this to happen. I want Dino to succeed. And 6 wins 6 losses is the next step on the road to success.

Wins and losses are all that matter, yeah to mouth breathing boobs.

I used to love to listen to sports talk growing up. Now I listen to a few minutes on the drive to work and the drive home and that's it. People call in who just think they are brilliant, and they are...not.

Yeah. I think fewer people actually really watch and follow closely now. Maybe too many entertainment options? And a lot of people rely on “H0T Takes” they get off facebook or something and repeat it to pretend like they know something.

Not enough people actually watching and really following and coming up with their own stuff.

I work with a guy who is, like me, a “Dodger fan”. He never actually watches the games. He’s in bed by 9:00, checks the box scores, and then tries to talk Dodgers with me. It’s so brutal. His takes are so so bad because they’re not actually his takes. Lol.

Usual results of a coaching change...
New study examines record of football teams after coaching changes

Enjoy.

None of this other crap means anything.

D. Babers 2016 - 4 wins 8 losses

D. Babers 2017 as of this moment - 4 wins 5 losses

"Potential means you haven't done anything yet" B. Parcells

Babers has 3 games left to prove something.

2 Questions

1 If you are AD and this “crap” continues to a less than .500 record what would you do at the end of the year? Do you fire Babers? Without putting words in your mouth can we assume you are saying this Dino Babers era isn’t working, so what would you do?

2. What record do you think Scott Frost coaches this team to this year? Frost was chosen because they are undefeated and his record is what it says it is.

SMH. I was hoping you were just drunk and miserable yesterday. But you’re doubling down. You could’ve just stopped after the beginning when you acknowledged that we’re improved on both sides of the ball.

Still chalking up home losses to other average teams, I see. Weird. We’ll see what happens. We already beat Clemson at home. You realize BC beat FSU AT HOME, right? Home matters. Love how you have a problem with people pointing out that we played Miami, LSU, NCSU, tough but then proceed to point out Wake’s garbage time points against ND. No consistency.

SMH. I was hoping you were just drunk and miserable yesterday. But you’re doubling down. You could’ve just stopped after the beginning when you acknowledged that we’re improved on both sides of the ball.

Still chalking up home losses to other average teams, I see. Weird. We’ll see what happens. We already beat Clemson at home. You realize BC beat FSU AT HOME, right? Home matters. Love how you have a problem with people pointing out that we played Miami, LSU, NCSU, tough but then proceed to point out Wake’s garbage time points against ND. No consistency.
Maybe he's started on the Kraken?