"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells

Of course you keep DINO. We can only hope to have Dino for the remainder of his cosching career. Its time to start critiquing his in game decisions, which, hello fans , is a great thing! He has brought the program to the precipice. We are Ready. Forget the lack of talent bs , we are right there. NOW, these games are about a few key calls in terms of gaining a W or L.

So, you've met the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you think the next move is to critique and complain about everything she does.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

So, you've met the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with, and you think the next move is to critique and complain about everything she does.

Unfair, nope, i am at a place where its ok to question in game decisions. Meaning we are a play or 2 away from a win. Which is awesome and meaning we have found our guy. I know some on here rub elbows with Dino et al at certain events. I get it. Its ok now to question his in game coaching. It happens for every coach. He has brought us here and its an awesome thing:) GO Cuse.

From what I understand, Marrone asked for raises for his assistants before he left and was told no. If that is true, he was trying to keep his staff together to keep continuity and momentum. If he was given what he asked for plus a practice facility he would have stayed and Syracuse would be playing for ACC titles right now and a birth into the final four. He is a great football coach equal to anybody, anywhere.

You don’t understand.

Marrone is the end of New England's supremacy.
giphy.gif

Marrone is the end of New England's supremacy.
He could start by actually winning something, anything, before we put him in the Hall of Fame.

Blake Bortles coming into Gillette and winning a playoff game legitimately makes me laugh.
The Jaguars don’t have an elite defense either.

Good one.

He could start by actually winning something, anything, before we put him in the Hall of Fame.
He has a job now where he has the complete support of his superiors. Truly sad he didn't receive that at Buffalo or at his alma matar, but it is their loss.

Blake Bortles coming into Gillette and winning a playoff game legitimately makes me laugh.

Good one.
Jacksonville D will end Brady's career.

Definitely not a good thing... or telling her she is being redundant. :p

over the past few years we've seen a sharp drop off in quality of football , basketball and lacrosse (our major sports.) this to me suggests something more than individual coaches. is it the ACC move ? or do we have a problem in the higher echelons of our universities sports over seers ? we are trending downward.

...we've won 2 acc championships in lacrosse..

Jacksonville D will end Brady's career.
You are hilarious.
Patriots had training camp with the Jaguars that will help the Patriots more than the Jags.

Don’t change man.

You are hilarious.
Patriots had training camp with the Jaguars that will help the Patriots more than the Jags.

Don’t change man.
In Cartman's voice, " I'll be your huckleberry".

In Cartman's voice, " I'll be your huckleberry".
CousCuse: A small rice like grain that is actually a pasta usually prepared by hydrating with boiling water. In parts of Florida this African staple is enjoyed by being paired with baloney:)

A Marrone coached teams wins most of those games, that's why he is employed in the big leagues now.

Did I sleep through Marrone's best team laying complete eggs at Minnesota and at Rutgers and at Cincinnati? Three teams we should have beaten. Win one of Rutgers or Cincinnati and we'd have gone to the Sugar Bowl.

Did I sleep through Marrone's best team laying complete eggs at Minnesota and at Rutgers and at Cincinnati? Three teams we should have beaten. Win one of Rutgers or Cincinnati and we'd have gone to the Sugar Bowl.
The officiating in the last year of the Big East was not going to let Syracuse get the Sugar. Minnesota was Broyld's debacle. Still he has been given 2 NFL head coaching jobs.

The officiating in the last year of the Big East was not going to let Syracuse get the Sugar. Minnesota was Broyld's debacle. Still he has been given 2 NFL head coaching jobs.
Yeah your right because the Big East was happy that it’s de facto championship game was a Thursday night Big Ten vs. ACC challenge game between Louisville and Rutgers.

The Minnesota and Rutgers losses were coaching.
Let’s not forget Marrone going for a 45 yard FG over a 4th and 3 at Cincinnati and that miss killing our comeback.

Doug is a great football coach and I believe we would be in a much stronger position if he stayed a few more year, but he didn't embrace the uptempo play until it was almost too late.

Not really disagreeing with anything you stated. But, playing devils advocate relative to recruiting, aren't the guys we have playing significant roles for Dino in year 2 still mostly Shafer guys? Dino has only gone through really one recruiting period that was solely his own. I don't see many/any true freshmen on the field. So, how bad are these Shafer recruits? Babers undoubtedly has coached many of these guys up...

Shafer guys are juniors and seniors that's why they're playing. Babers' has taught them how to play football again - be competitive (note Bees' past scores post). True freshman playing would be a disaster. Babers played most of his true frosh last year and is trying his hardest not to play any in key roles this year.

you should take a peak at the last depth chart though.

12 of 23 guys on offense are Babers' kids

14 of 21 guys on defense are Babers' kids

Neal and Bradshaw technically Shafer finds but signed by Babers. I’m counting them as Baber guys because their offers were not pulled.

Good one.
Your time is coming. It’ll be smoking jay cutler who rings the bell though, not blake.

over the past few years we've seen a sharp drop off in quality of football , basketball and lacrosse (our major sports.) this to me suggests something more than individual coaches. is it the ACC move ? or do we have a problem in the higher echelons of our universities sports over seers ? we are trending downward.

I know this is the perception but Hoops went to final fours in 2013 & 2016 and contending with sanctions. Lacrosse has won 2 ACC championships and I think finished 12-2 last year? It does seem like that's the perception for sure though. This is the first season Syracuse football has been remotely competitive in the ACC. I think we're trending up in all sports.