"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

"You are What Your Record Says You Are" B. Parcells

People were excited for his second year, he got over 40K in the building for Villanova. It was straight downhill from there.

He's a coordinator. Bud Foster is a coordinator. That's no great sin.
There are a lot of different kinds of coaches across college football. Some act crazy or say really nutty sounding things. If Hunt didn't get hurt, and Dungey, he would have won more games, made a bowl and still be here. That is what it all boils down to W's and L's.

There are a lot of different kinds of coaches across college football. Some act crazy or say really nutty sounding things. If Hunt didn't get hurt, and Dungey, he would have won more games, made a bowl and still be here. That is what it all boils down to W's and L's.
tumblr_inline_olpfl2f3MF1rt2en5_500.gif

Syracuse football was doomed to bottom feeder status if they kept Shafer.

"He has three games to prove something"

Like beating Clemson and nearly upsetting Miami, LSU and Florida State on the road in year two isn't enough? Think about where the program has been. I'm taking this coach and his staff/style and his players over any of the past 15 years, and yes that includes the Marrone era.

Like beating Clemson and nearly upsetting Miami, LSU and Florida State on the road in year two isn't enough? Think about where the program has been. I'm taking this coach and his staff/style and his players over any of the past 15 years, and yes that includes the Marrone era.
HERESY!!

A Marrone coached teams wins most of those games, that's why he is employed in the big leagues now.

Mark Coyle was no fan. Hunt wasn’t very good and Dungey was a stringbean. He was done after UVA and Pitt. Couldn’t manage the game and Coyle wanted something more. Straight from Coyle

Mark Coyle was no fan. Hunt wasn’t very good and Dungey was a stringbean. He was done after UVA and Pitt. Couldn’t manage the game and Coyle wanted something more. Straight from Coyle
Coyle is a hatchet man. A hatchet man is someone who is brought in to do the dirty work because the other people don't have the stomach for it. If Dino gets one more win and the Orange gets a bowl, it will have been a successful season.

Coyle is a hatchet man. A hatchet man is someone who is brought in to do the dirty work because the other people don't have the stomach for it. If Dino gets one more win and the Orange gets a bowl, it will have been a successful season.

Lol. Coyle was brought in because we fired the previous AD. He wasn’t brought up n just to fire shafer.

Shafer didn't have a junior Dungey, who is playing like one of the best QB's in college. Your one of the people who thinks Addazio can't coach, well when he has a competent QB it sure looks like he can coach.

I didn't say he couldn't coach. I said he's a meathead coach.

I didn't say he couldn't coach. I said he's a meathead coach.
Now were back around to Clawson, this is going to be just as tough a game as any of the previous ones.

I see progress, but still see the same loss count also. For those that don't watch the games it still a losing record no different then any other 4-5 team. Again, moral victories are for those clinching to hope.

If you don't watch the games you really have no place in the discussion.

And I'm sorry, but if you equate 4-8 with a 54-0 loss to Clemson to 4-5 with a victory over Clemson and the team in every single game, then you're an idiot.

Last edited:
I don’t think you get enough recognition for your eternal optimism and extremely witty posts. Not sure why I chose this one to pick out but I just thought you should know that. I feel you’d be fun to have a few drinks with.
Itd be an honor to have “a few” with many of you. I appreciate it.

A Marrone coached teams wins most of those games, that's why he is employed in the big leagues now.
Babers is a better college coach than Marrone. In 4 years, Marrone didn't recruit one D-1 QB. Not one. Marrone never played a schedule like the one Babers has played this season.

The only positive from our former teams is that we were getting our behinds kicked so bad by halftime that it freed up a lot of my Saturday.

I seriously can't understand some of you with the Shafer love.

Babers is a better college coach than Marrone. In 4 years, Marrone didn't recruit one D-1 QB. Not one. Marrone never played a schedule like the one Babers has played this season.
From what I understand, Marrone asked for raises for his assistants before he left and was told no. If that is true, he was trying to keep his staff together to keep continuity and momentum. If he was given what he asked for plus a practice facility he would have stayed and Syracuse would be playing for ACC titles right now and a birth into the final four. He is a great football coach equal to anybody, anywhere.

I see progress, but still see the same loss count also. For those that don't watch the games it still a losing record no different then any other 4-5 team. Again, moral victories are for those clinching to hope.

I understand where you are coming from. However, the team and talent level is improved on defense for the most part and we are now running a system that keeps defenses on their heels. One thing i am tired of, is the talent argument. We have the talent, could easily be 7-2 with this talent. A few games have come down to coaching, which means, we are right there, against these tough opponents and now coaching will start to take center stage. No more lack of talent excuses. We are knocking on the door.

From what I understand, Marrone asked for raises for his assistants before he left and was told no. If that is true, he was trying to keep his staff together to keep continuity and momentum. If he was given what he asked for plus a practice facility he would have stayed and Syracuse would be playing for ACC titles right now and a birth into the final four. He is a great football coach equal to anybody, anywhere.
You have to seek help. Not the once a week kind either. A team working around the clock. Marrone is a better than average coach. Until he finished somewhat hot in his last year, thanks to a sr qb that was brought in by another coach, he was under fire here. Babers is a much better college coach.

You have to seek help. Not the once a week kind either. A team working around the clock. Marrone is a better than average coach. Until he finished somewhat hot in his last year, thanks to a sr qb that was brought in by another coach, he was under fire here. Babers is a much better college coach.
I could see Marrone's teams getting better at Syracuse and in Buffalo and now in Jacksonville.

2 Questions

1 If you are AD and this “crap” continues to a less than .500 record what would you do at the end of the year? Do you fire Babers? Without putting words in your mouth can we assume you are saying this Dino Babers era isn’t working, so what would you do?

2. What record do you think Scott Frost coaches this team to this year? Frost was chosen because they are undefeated and his record is what it says it is.

Of course you keep DINO. We can only hope to have Dino for the remainder of his cosching career. Its time to start critiquing his in game decisions, which, hello fans , is a great thing! He has brought the program to the precipice. We are Ready. Forget the lack of talent bs , we are right there. NOW, these games are about a few key calls in terms of gaining a W or L.

Coyle is a competent AD and administrator. The guy he replaced is at a D2 school.

Coyle is a competent AD and administrator. The guy he replaced is at a D2 school.
He fires people at every stop. I don't think he will stay in Minnesota.