You can't make this up -- 6:30 Rally @ JoePa's house | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You can't make this up -- 6:30 Rally @ JoePa's house

To think, it only took a major sex scandal to improve our opinion of Rutgers fans.

I didn't think it was possible to dethrone Ohio State fans, but here we are.

Thank God those students are presumably all over 18.

If they were 10 Sandusky would come by to rape them.

And Paterno would go back inside and close the blinds.

Watching JoePa in that video, one realizes why PSU cancelled his press conference today. No way were they going to be able to control what he was going to say.

Thank God those students are presumably all over 18.

If they were 10 Sandusky would come by to rape them.

And Paterno would go back inside and close the blinds.

They'd have been the same age as the victims were in 2002. Sickening.

What is wrong with these students? I imagine as college students they can read and use the internet. Its really poor taste even if you think there may possibly be some way to explain Paterno's non actions there is still no proof he is not implicitly involved.

See my post above. College students are uninformed, beer swilling, sex crazed lunatics. They do not yet realize what they are doing.

The whole "candlelight vigil" feeling to this gathering is completely disgraceful.

I bet JoePa is in his house wishing they'd go away. I guarantee he knows how wrong what they're doing is. JoePa should lose his job and live with disgrace for the rest of his days, but I believe he knows how horrible all of this is, and what a mistake it was not to turn in Sandusky, and he probably knows full well why he should be forced to resign. He probably feels even more shame that these ill-informed kids are out there drawing even more attention.

Kent_Brockman_normal.jpg

jimbaumbach Jim Baumbach

In a word, the scene outside JoePa's house has been surreal.
17 minutes ago

Kent_Brockman_normal.jpg

jimbaumbach Jim Baumbach

Police now saying they'll give tickets if people stay; students are taking the Paterno Party to his statue.
18 minutes ago

Kent_Brockman_normal.jpg

jimbaumbach Jim Baumbach

Paterno thanked students for support, said you don't know how much this means to me and asked them to pray for families of victims.
20 minutes ago

Kent_Brockman_normal.jpg

jimbaumbach Jim Baumbach

As Paterno once again addressed students on his front lawn, students yelled, "We love you, Joe." He replied, "I love you, too."
23 minutes ago

Kent_Brockman_normal.jpg

jimbaumbach Jim Baumbach

Joe Paterno clearly is enjoying this. Look at that smile yfrog.com/kj85etrgj

scaled.php

"We love you!!!" Say it ain't so Joe.

"Paterno thanked students for support, said you don't know how much this means to me and asked them to pray for families of victims."

The families don't need your prayers, Joe. They needed you in 2002 and you did nothing.

See my post above. College students are uninformed, beer swilling, sex crazed lunatics. They do not yet realize what they are doing.

The whole "candlelight vigil" feeling to this gathering is completely disgraceful.
Easy with the generalizations of the entirety of the college student population. This is 1,000 of 40,000 students at one University that has known nothing but to bow down to this man for the past 40 years.

Easy with the generalizations of the entirety of the college student population. This is 1,000 of 40,000 students at one University that has known nothing but to bow down to this man for the past 40 years.

Dude, I'm not generalizing. If you read my initial post I said "many" not all. All I'm saying is that for all the intelligence that some college students have, they are sometimes uniformed and act without thinking. Anyone who has ever gone to college (including myself) has been there.

"Police asked Scott Paterno if he wanted students off lawn. He said no. "It's good my parents see people still love them."

Ask the kids who got MOLESTED if they love them, you piece of ****.

This whole story makes me furious.

I wonder if any of the victims were there? I hope none of those kids have anyone in their lives molested.

I bet JoePa is in his house wishing they'd go away. I guarantee he knows how wrong what they're doing is. JoePa should lose his job and live with disgrace for the rest of his days, but I believe he knows how horrible all of this is, and what a mistake it was not to turn in Sandusky, and he probably knows full well why he should be forced to resign. He probably feels even more shame that these ill-informed kids are out there drawing even more attention.

I don't think JoePa knows right from wrong. Otherwise there would be far fewer victims.

This is what happens when people love their team, and success, more than what's right. Someone I know said today, "There's a difference between 'I didn't break the law' and 'I did what was right.'" Apparently Mr. Paterno, and his worshipers for that matter, can't grasp that.

This will look like nothing compared to the occupy Sandusky movement in the state prison.
In related news Greg Robinson has called JoePa to deliver a bed time reading of the Little Engine That Could. Greg was quoted as saying, "I understand Joe. No one called the police when I robbed Syracuse University."

"Paterno thanked students for support, said you don't know how much this means to me and asked them to pray for families of victims."

The families don't need your prayers, Joe. They needed you in 2002 and you did nothing.

Post of the day.

There will now be another student rally at 10pm on campus. If beer is involved it could go bad.

a student thing, aparently.

#OccupyJoePa

Every bad thing I have ever believed about this institution has been reinforced in spades this week.

I was at the Michigan-Penn State game in 2005. It was a 3:30pm kickoff so we had a full day of tailgating on the golf course across from the stadium starting at 7:30am. We had about three carloads of Penn Staters next to us and the whole day, all they did was talk . The whole day. They wouldn't shut up.

And then this happened...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofg5EiHxaX8

Getting back to the car after the game, they couldn't handle any comment, and saying anything about Paterno was like shooting their mother in the face. I'm not surprised in the least that this is how they'd handle something as sickening as this situation.

Penn State has the worst fanbase of any school in the nation, and this is coming from someone from Michigan who knows Ohio State fans.

a student thing, aparently.

#OccupyJoePa
I'd rather have our student body that might not be so passionate about football. PSU couldn't look like a dumber place across the board

I'm not so sure. I think Paterno is a narcissistic control freak who may well believe his own lies who has revised history in his own mind.

Well said.

I'm not so sure. I think Paterno is a narcissistic control freak who may well believe his own lies who has revised history in his own mind.
I guess I just had higher expectations of JoePa, but seeing the pictures and hearing the stories...wow.

I don't know what to think. He needs to be gone. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was truly remorseful, but seeing him smiling amidst the protests...wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom