You gotta love Lydon under the basket-- | Syracusefan.com

You gotta love Lydon under the basket--

CaliCuse

All American
Even when there is a 7'er covering him he gets off great shots off the board and through and of corse hi arc shot is very good and apt to get better. He is just one of the reasons that excite me for next season. This is the year of the 3. Next year could be the year of the REBOUNDS/BOARDS. The front court as I see it will show Lydon with Roberson or Moyer and Chukwu in the middle. having Malachi and Battle covering the short up court area for balls that hit hard off the rim and shoot too far from the deep players. i think that Frank Howard can be a great college pg and even better once he finds his scoring touch. If DC comes back he might be very good as sub for Chucky. If Jimmy gets luck and is able to bring in another to player things could really get interesting.

Last edited:
He rebounds the ball but the amount of layup he gives up is astounding. Never seen anything like it from a 5 since we went exclusively zone.

Maybe because he's not really a 5?

I get that he's not, the title of the thread is about loving him under the basket. I for one do not because of the easy layups. Am I wrong for saying that?

I for one can't wait until he's playing on the wing next year. Think he's going to be amazing.

I have a man-crush on Tyler. His post game is coming on like gang busters the last few games... and that 8 ft baby hook is a thing of beauty. He's also displaying some nice dunking ability. The oop from franky? I thought it was sailing out of bounds but he soared up pretty high to flush it.

I say - thank god he's playing the 5 this year. His complete inability to stop anyone in the paint is the only reason he comes back next year.

I have a man-crush on Tyler. His post game is coming on like gang busters the last few games... and that 8 ft baby hook is a thing of beauty. He's also displaying some nice dunking ability. The oop from franky? I thought it was sailing out of bounds but he soared up pretty high to flush it.

I say - thank god he's playing the 5 this year. His complete inability to stop anyone in the paint is the only reason he comes back next year.
I love Lydon's upside, he is 20 lbs of muscle away from being a superb inside-out threat in next two years. But I guess this fanbase has experienced guys leaving early so often that every time an underclassman has a good game, that fear gets a voice. It's patently ridiculous to think an NBA team would draft Lydon right now, yes, ridiculous!

Even when there is a 7'er covering him he gets off great shots off the board and through and of corse hi arc shot is very good and apt to get better. He is just one of the reasons that excite me for next season. This is the year of the 3. Next year could be the year of the REBOUNDS/BOARDS. The front court as I see it will show Lydon with Roberson or Moyer and Chukwu in the middle. having Malachi and Battle covering the short up court area for balls that hit hard off the rim and shoot too far from the deep players. i think that Frank Howard can be a great college pg and even better once he finds his scoring touch. If DC comes back he might be very good as sub for Chucky. If Jimmy gets luck and is able to bring in another to player things could really get interesting.

Lydon has some of the best low-post foot work I've seen since AO. He's terrific in the low post. Ahem...no travel calls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom