You will love this - I promise | Syracusefan.com

You will love this - I promise

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
So watching the Olympics the other day, they had a segment on the Russian traditional art of the Matryoshka doll (or nesting doll). They hand make and hand paint these things all over Russia. It reminded me of a little something I picked up while in Moscow in 2004. I know you all will appreciate it, and yep they are hand painted. A buddy gave the guy the names/numbers/pictures of his favorite Green Bay players and one custom made in a few days, but this one was actually straight off the shelf from one of the tables at a giant street fair/bazaar area in Moscow.

SU-2003_1.JPG

My wife went to Russia last summer. How come she did not bring those Cuse nesting dolls home to me? They must be about the best thing ever. Never wanted a doll before.

So watching the Olympics the other day, they had a segment on the Russian traditional art of the Matryoshka doll (or nesting doll). They hand make and hand paint these things all over Russia. It reminded me of a little something I picked up while in Moscow in 2004. I know you all will appreciate it, and yep they are hand painted. A buddy gave the guy the names/numbers/pictures of his favorite Green Bay players and one custom made in a few days, but this one was actually straight off the shelf from one of the tables at a giant street fair/bazaar area in Moscow.

View attachment 8088

I have one! My sister sent one to me after the championship. It's on my bookshelf staring at me as I type. I haven't been able to open it since 2008.

I have one! My sister sent one to me after the championship. It's on my bookshelf staring at me as I type. I haven't been able to open it since 2008.

Ha that is amazing. Yeah I hadn't opened mine in a long time and it was pretty hard to get some of them open.

Wow, thanks. I used a similar photo of nested dolls in a lecture last week to demonstrate nested populations (in this case, amphibians). I am going to swap out the photo with this one momentarily. Thanks again.

Wow, thanks. I used a similar photo of nested dolls in a lecture last week to demonstrate nested populations (in this case, amphibians). I am going to swap out the photo with this one momentarily. Thanks again.
Somehow I think the amphibians are more relevant to your course about wetlands!

Those are awesome - I love unique Syracuse items such as those.

My only question: When did GMac sport the afro?

HoustonCuse said:
Your grip on that 2 billion is loosening! You saw the new tweets!!

They're warming up in the blue! Have the wallet open my friend!

image-2236101708.jpg

Long-time syracusefanners will remember a post from about 10 years ago describing SU football matrosky dolls featuring RJ Anderson, bought in the middle of nowhere Russia. I don't know who posted it.

Back in the late 90's I was in St. Petersburg and someone was selling a set of NBA nesting dolls: Jordan, O'Neal, etc. The artist had Jordan's number as 45. I had to tell him that MJ had just switched back to 23. He wasn't to happy to hear that.

They're warming up in the blue! Have the wallet open my friend!

View attachment 8146

Ok so good news/bad news on this: the good news is that I've been saving up since Monday and im happy to report that earlier today I reached my goal of having enough $$ stashed away to cover this. The bad news is that I called Western Union and it turns out they won't wire anything over $100 mil. Since I'm a man of my word, I just wouldn't feel right about shorting you guys like that so the honorable thing to do is just call it off and part as friends.

Ok so good news/bad news on this: the good news is that I've been saving up since Monday and im happy to report that earlier today I reached my goal of having enough $$ stashed away to cover this. The bad news is that I called Western Union and it turns out they won't wire anything over $100 mil. Since I'm a man of my word, I just wouldn't feel right about shorting you guys like that so the honorable thing to do is just call it off and part as friends.

Ok, that's a deal. Next time though, friends or no friends, I'm taking the bil. :)

You got it. We'll exchange unnumbered Swiss bank account... numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom