Your Favorite Pregame Bar and Post Victory bar | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Favorite Pregame Bar and Post Victory bar

If only the Marshall Street area had a couple more options besides Faegan's/Crate, etc. If I had the option:

Pre-Game: Tailgate (if a bar I could pick was closer to the Dome, Blue Tusk)
Post-Game: Blarney would be a spot, but not within walking distance obviously

I have read stories about people pregaming at the Hotel Syracuse going back to just after Archbold opened in 1907. Really glad order has been restored and that place is doing well again. Are people hanging out at Shaughnessy's only, or at Eleven Waters and The Cavalier Room too?
Eleven Waters has a fantastic brunch, you could eat at noon, takes five steps and pregame at Shaughnessy’s at 2, then be up to the dome in rare form by 6!

Really enjoy the Marriott/Hotel Syracuse pregame with the shuttle to campus. Easy free parking (with purchase of the bus ticket) is nice too.
I have read stories about people pregaming at the Hotel Syracuse going back to just after Archbold opened in 1907. Really glad order has been restored and that place is doing well again. Are people hanging out at Shaughnessy's only, or at Eleven Waters and The Cavalier Room too?
cool deal, now I know what I'm going to do once (as I hear is pending soon) they kick us out of our Fine lot tailgate location. Sounds good!

i always stay til the last whistle. hang around and chat it up while the dome clears out. then take a leisurely stroll down to phoebes and let the traffic clear. been modus operandi for 30 years. always a great day .
(more so when we win)

i always stay til the last whistle. hang around and chat it up while the dome clears out. then take a leisurely stroll down to phoebes and let the traffic clear. been modus operandi for 30 years. always a great day .
(more so when we win)

I love this post. You get 6 or 7 precious home games in a season. Savor every last one of them.

Pre-game : Sheraton. I want to be able to move around and get a drink. Faegen’s is too small and crowded. Haven’t tried Orange Crate yet. Also looks kinda small and packed.

Chuck’s was always packed, but it was big enough and had a big enough bar that it wasn’t too hard to get a drink. Plus the cheap pitchers. Seriously going to miss that place.

(more so when we win)
Phoebes ... I forgot about that place.

Don't think many are in the Cavalier Room, but not sure on Eleven Waters. Maybe with the weather turning colder the inside of the Hotel will be explored more if Shaughnessy's becomes packed.

(more so when we win)

I hear Phoebe's is trying to push this as an option, it's a good idea. They're undergoing a minor rebranding and I think the kitchen's doing some good stuff. And people sometimes forget how close it is to the campus - it's barely a 10-minute walk.

I hear Phoebe's is trying to push this as an option, it's a good idea. They're undergoing a minor rebranding and I think the kitchen's doing some good stuff. And people sometimes forget how close it is to the campus - it's barely a 10-minute walk.

I heartily second Phoebe's. Easy walk, never too crowded and a lovely bar.

What’s the closest to the dome sports bar ?
The all day rain and raw cold is gonna ruin tailgates

That outdoor yard at Orange Crate can be something, if they can just cover up the massive pile of garbage in the corner.
The owners planning to add a big blow up projector tv (i dont even know what this would be called) among other additions to the outdoor space

Don’t go out much anymore but when I was going out to games it was pregame at chucks and I didn’t have a postgame bar.

What’s the closest to the dome sports bar ?
The all day rain and raw cold is gonna ruin tailgates
Orange crate is very close, same with faegans

We usually park at sky top and tailgate there
But I have all my nephews coming and don’t want to freeze them to death so I’m looking at bars close to the dome I would probably park at Tommy’s at sky top and Uber to bars and
Dome but than how do I get from some back to sky top after we win ? Help ...

We usually park at sky top and tailgate there
But I have all my nephews coming and don’t want to freeze them to death so I’m looking at bars close to the dome I would probably park at Tommy’s at sky top and Uber to bars and
Dome but than how do I get from some back to sky top after we win ? Help ...

I'm thinking the same thing. Usually tailgate at Manley North but definitely going to do the bar thing this weekend. Best bets are down by Marshall Street (Sheraton Hotel bar, Faegans, etc). I'm probably going to go with the Sheraton since Faegans will be crazy packed I'm assuming.