Your Official, Absurdly Early Posted SU-Southern New Hampshire Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official, Absurdly Early Posted SU-Southern New Hampshire Game Thread

As per the Ryan Blackwell comparisons he just isn't the explosive type. He needs to work on a post game and just keep polishing his skills. For now hustle, defend and don't be a liability. Will need all 4 remaining years to develop no doubt.

Ryan Blackwell is a great comparison. I mentioned in a previous thread that he didn't look like your typical athletic SU wing, long and lean and with some hops. If he can show a mid range jump shot and hit the boards he can be a valuable contributor. Didn't show the jump shot tonight but let's hope...

BTW - There is a group of kids wrestling on the far side of the field, to the right of your TV sets. There have been a few body slams and elbow drops that would fit in with Ric Flair's 30 for 30 that debuted last night.

BTW - There is a group of kids wrestling on the far side of the field, to the right of your TV sets. There have been a few body slams and elbow drops that would fit in with Ric Flair's 30 for 30 that debuted last night.

How was that? Can't wait to see it.

A few thoughts I was able to gather through the technical difficulties and buffering:

We’re going to need to play loose and reckless.

The press can’t be just be a throwaway. It’s going to need to be an effective defense.

Battle is a given.

Brissett has the goods. But he’ll be around for at least two years.

Washington can give us some offense. He’s not going to get to the rim and score much, but we’ll need him to score from 3.

Howard just looks better overall, more confident getting to the basket and finishing. His jumper looks better as well. We need him to play well.

Moyer isn’t out of shape. But expectations need to be lowered. He’ll provide a mixed bag of contributions.

Dolezaj does some nice things. Scrappy player who understands the game.

Sidibe is going to get pushed around by beefy big men, but he has some nice skills at this stage.

Chukwu appears to have improved — just a tad — but doubt he’ll give us much against good teams.

Curious to see what Thorpe can do.

Taurean Thompson is a big loss.

A few thoughts I was able to gather through the technical difficulties and buffering:

We’re going to need to play loose and reckless.

The press can’t be just be a throwaway. It’s going to need to be an effective defense.

Battle is a given.

Brissett has the goods. But he’ll be around for at least two years.

Washington can give us some offense. He’s not going to get to the rim and score much, but we’ll need him to score from 3.

Howard just looks better overall, more confident getting to the basket and finishing. His jumper looks better as well. We need him to play well.

Moyer isn’t out of shape. But expectations need to be lowered. He’ll provide a mixed bag of contributions.

Dolezaj does some nice things. Scrappy player who understands the game.

Sidibe is going to get pushed around by beefy big men, but he has some nice skills at this stage.

Chukwu appears to have improved — just a tad — but doubt he’ll give us much against good teams.

Curious to see what Thorpe can do.

Taurean Thompson is a big loss.

Probably the longest post I've seen on this forum that I've agreed with every word with.

(I didn't see it, I just saw the commercials -- but I'm hoping to watch it Saturday AM if I can get up before the kids!)

Looks like the match is going to the ugliest part of the beautiful game -- penalty kicks. Sports' best necessary evil.

Clemson soccer is the equivalent of meathead football. Get the ball, drop your head, hope for the best. It's a shame this is a top-10 team.

CU 1st kick: Clemson skies the first attempt. Cuse controls its destiny...

SU 1st kick: Cuse hits under the cross bar, deflect down and out... Wasteful

CU 2nd Kick: Textbook. Up 1.

SU 2nd Kick: Easy peezy. Tied up.

CU 3rd Kick: No sir. Bad placement and a nice save by Cuse!

SU 3rd Kick: Tried to be cute. Didn't work. Soft kick with good placement wasn't enough. Nice save by CU. Still tied.

CU 4th Kick: Low and hard. Cuse guessed wrong.

SU 4th Kick: YESSIR! Caught the goalie leaning. Tied up going into the 5th round.

CU 5th Kick: Textbook again. Hard, low, back corner. Didn't matter where the keep went.

SU 5th Kick: We need this. Our goalie is taking it! Money! Down Broadway. We are going to sudden death!

SU 3rd Kick: Tried to be cute. Didn't work. Soft kick with good placement wasn't enough. Nice save by CU. Still tied.

SU 4th Kick: YESSIR! Caught the goalie leaning. Tied up going into the 5th round.

CU 5th Kick: Textbook again. Hard, low, back corner. Didn't matter where the keep went.

SU 5th Kick: We need this. Our goalie is taking it! Money! Down Broadway. We are going to sudden death!

Man.. posts were our enemy

The local kid, freshman Lukas Rubio from Liverpool, took and made that 4th one.

Last edited:
CU 6th Kick: Nice. So calm inside the post. That's in 99 out of 100 times.

SU 6th Kick: Short approach. Off the post. We lose in PKs... again...

Cuse season ends.
Feel for Hilpert (especially being a goalie myself) - he wishes he could take all the PKs. Straight up the middle gets em 90% of the time (just like he did). But not one, two posts/crossbars? Seriously?! Ian must be PO'ed big time.

Also we got lucky. Cuse Goalie definitely came forward early on the one save. He does a good job concealing it with antics but definitely is right on the edge every time. Granted they don't call that often unless it is super blatant.

So frustrating

It's tough watching a team that drops its head, sprints to the endline, and blindly throws in a cross (or crosses into the box early in a possession with no one by the goal) win that game.

I'm not going to pretend that I watch every (or even a lot of) Cuse game(s), but I saw a team that had a few really nice possessions with a purpose in tight quarters. Having the ball in the corner, finding an open man on the 6 extended, laying a playable ball back to the 18, with a teammate making a nice diagonal run across the defense coming from an outside midfield position is a nice, well-coached play. You didn't see that from Clemson.

I'm not gonna lie, the defensive shape and help was awful by both teams, but 'Cuse's coach, whoever he is, obviously plays a style that is designed to win at a higher level than the current NCAA D-I. Again, I don't know who he is, or anything about him, but I wouldn't hate seeing more coaches like him in our amateur ranks.

(I didn't see it, I just saw the commercials -- but I'm hoping to watch it Saturday AM if I can get up before the kids!)

Just promos last night. Premieres next week.

giphy.gif

From what little of the Inglorious Broadcast they allowed us to see, thought Sidibe was very promising. Paschal looks improved too. That combo seems at least serviceable at C. HW and Marek both showed plenty of flashes. Yes, both need S&C - especially MD, but both look like contributors this year. FH looked confident and in control - fingers crossed. Moyer - as expected. Brisset - nervous, but goood. Agree with the assessment that we'll surprise people. Battle will live up to his name.

He looked like he played in slow motion in his high school vids. I just think he is what he is and expectations were just way way too high for him coming in.

He was player of the year in Ohio, I believe. I think you're imagining his past to try to "prove" your point.

He was player of the year in Ohio, I believe. I think you're imagining his past to try to "prove" your point.

Watch his videos again.

You know Jon Severe was NY player of the year in 2012 right? Who's that you ask? Exactly...

People can say that he redshirted because of injury last year but that's just false, he redshirted because he wasn't going to play because his game wasn't at this level.

Watch his videos again.

You know Jon Severe was NY player of the year in 2012 right? Who's that you ask? Exactly...

People can say that he redshirted because of injury last year but that's just false, he redshirted because he wasn't going to play because his game wasn't at this level.
He went to Fordham after transferring from I can't remember where. I just googled him to make sure I wasn't thinking of someone else. Funny thing is if you google and go to images the first one is of him stripping Roberson. You can't make this stuff up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom