Your Official SU IUP Game Thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU IUP Game Thread

You have problems when everyone you don't like does something right and you have to point to some perceived flaw in their game. That is purely negative. Try cheering for every good play by anyone wearing our SU uniforms.

That's just twothree. He's okay. You just have to get used to him. It took me about 3 years.

They look a heck of lot better than last year's team this time. They need a ton of work on both ends. But there's a ton of potential for this team. The pressing and transition game is going to be phenomenal. By the end of the season Thompson may be our best forward outside of Lydon. Battle looks terrific. Gillon is going to contribute. Howard needs to calm down but is a physical beast. White needs to learn how to play team ball but sunk a couple of 3s which is so needed. I like this team a lot.

Oh yeah, Chukwu's arms are extraterrestrials.

I hope General20 does an analysis.

You have problems when everyone you don't like does something right and you have to point to some perceived flaw in their game. That is purely negative. Try cheering for every good play by anyone wearing our SU uniforms.

I don't understand why it's negative for me to point out a player of ours had a bad game. Gillon looked like a 5th year senior who belongs on the court and could lead our team to a great place. Frank looked like a freshman point guard who forced almost everything he did. I didn't say one thing that was unfair.

I'm a fan of this team and want us to win the entire thing, is it wrong that I think one guy gives us a better chance to bring us closer to the title? Shame on me.

I don't understand why it's negative for me to point out a player of ours had a bad game. Gillon looked like a 5th year senior who belongs on the court and could lead our team to a great place. Frank looked like a freshman point guard who forced almost everything he did. I didn't say one thing that was unfair.

I'm a fan of this team and want us to win the entire thing, is it wrong that I think one guy gives us a better chance to bring us closer to the title? Shame on me.

two3z, what are your thoughts on Moyer? Oy vey!

Who was it that said Battle did not have a good jump-shot? Holy moly that kid is going to be a star on this team! I still think his pull up jumper while driving to the basket is the best part of his game and we did not even see it this game.

That's just twothree. He's okay. You just have to get used to him. It took me about 3 years.
I think one of Igor's "studs" hit the target.

35-40 years later we have...

And I'm not even saying that to be really mean. They are both just pessimists.

Anyone catch what Lombardi said to White in the handshake line?

I think one of Igor's "studs" hit the target.

35-40 years later we have...

And I'm not even saying that to be really mean. They are both just pessimists.

I haven't attacked you I don't see the reason you're attacking me. There is an ignore button if you don't like what I have to say.

Didn't think he looked like he belonged on the court. I hope he redshirts.

Disagree. He needs whatever time he can get this year. He likely starts at the 3 next year.

i remember james southerland shooting lights out in an early game and then finding major pine when the season started.

i remember james southerland shooting lights out in an early game and then finding major pine when the season started.
But then IIRC someone was injured and Southerland had to play and was ok. Not a great player, streaky, but the hot streaks were pretty.

Disagree. He needs whatever time he can get this year. He likely starts at the 3 next year.

Who's minutes do you take away from this year while we're a legit contender to give him practice? He won't play during ACC time and probably not much before that. Why burn a year of him for that?

But then IIRC someone was injured and Southerland had to play and was ok. Not a great player, streaky, but the hot streaks were pretty.
and i'll say southerland was one of our best ever guarding the inbound pass. an oft under appreciated skill.

and i'll say southerland was one of our best ever guarding the inbound pass. an oft under appreciated skill.
Was going to like this but can't figure out if you're being facetious

I'm not sure about Roberson's jump shot this year.

He converted nicely on 2 or 3 of them in the second half, and finished with 14 points. Excellent game, considering he only probably played about 20-25 minutes and got a double double.

From what I've seen, dude has no business sitting behind Howard for any reason other than rest.

Yeah, but Gillon's gone after this year, and Frank can be a solid contributor. You have to cultivate guys and build up their confidence.

JB giving Howard an ear full.

Frankie forced a few passes tonight through the teeth of the defense that he probably shouldn't have tried. I think he felt the heat from how well Gillon played tonight.

This team's transition game looks like years past before Ennis. I miss that type of transition game. That's really going to help us win a lot of games this year plus it's really fun to watch.

Not yet, IMO, but in a month I think so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom