Your Official SU-Lehigh Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Lehigh Game Thread

JB has a lot of work to do with this team. But I'm more hopeful than I've been.

What is the deal with Tyler Roberson? Looks like he doesnt even want to be at the Dome today.

He's seems to really get up for big games. He's kind of laid back sometimes. He doesn't have Carmelo's competitive spirit but he's still going to be one of our best players this year.

Well it's a win. I usually try to be positive but I wish I was more encouraged by what I saw tonight. Only the first game though and a lot of young guys.

I would much rather win our first game by 10 against a team that should help our RPI than beat a team by 40+ with an RPI 250 or worse. It's better for the kids too. I'm glad Lehigh fought back, but not enough to overtake us.

Let's not underrate Lehigh. This isn't exactly a 300+ RPI team. The 2nd half wasn't ideal but Lehigh is one of the better teams we will play out of conference this year. They beat Arizona last year didn't they?

Let's not underrate Lehigh. This isn't exactly a 300+ RPI team. The 2nd half wasn't ideal but Lehigh is one of the better teams we will play out of conference this year. They beat Arizona last year didn't they?

I agree. It was good first game. Still a lot of work to do. But MR is already my favorite player game 1. I can watch him make step back jump-shots all season. That's poetry in motion my friends!!!

I would much rather win our first game by 10 against a team that should help our RPI than beat a team by 40+ with an RPI 250 or worse. It's better for the kids too. I'm glad Lehigh fought back, but not enough to overtake us.

G would not let us lose to this team. We need his leadership this season.

Not kidding about this team's offense. It's all 3's. Not much inside game. Roberson was AWOL. Perimeter D was good in the 1st half, getting steals in the passing lanes. But the interior D was poor in the 2nd half. Have to be worried about what ACC teams will do to us inside. But it's game #1 and its a win. Malachi is a player. Nice moves. Nice shot. He has the it factor.

Not kidding about this team's offense. It's all 3's. Not much inside game. Roberson was AWOL. Perimeter D was good in the 1st half, getting steals in the passing lanes. But the interior D was poor in the 2nd half. Have to be worried about what ACC teams will do to us inside. But it's game #1 and its a win. Malachi is a player. Nice moves. Nice shot. He has the it factor.
As we get into the ACC season I don't see us shooting 35+ 3's per game. With that said, when you shoot that many 3's, it will keep you in games and lose you games. We might win a few games we shouldn't vs. better teams by making 15 3's, and we might lose a few games we shouldn't by going 4/25 from 3.

It's the first game. This happens every year. The coaches concentrate on defense and the offense improves over time.

As we get into the ACC season I don't see us shooting 35+ 3's per game. With that said, when you shoot that many 3's, it will keep you in games and lose you games. We might win a few games we shouldn't vs. better teams by making 15 3's, and we might lose a few games we shouldn't by going 4/25 from 3.

Malachi has to learn how to drive with the ball just like G did in the second half. Many offensive trips we had no off ball movement. The players were standing around. And then the shot clock became a factor. I think many of our experienced players were not used to the shorter shot clock time. It really forces the offense to start making decisions. Our offense will get much better IMO.

Not looking good for tacos...

I got a call from Seattle last night. After some internet research, it seams to be from Microsoft(and not you). While I did have to mess around with some MS account(I dont think I ever finalized it) while trying to set up a HP printer earlier in the day, I dont recall ever giving the evil empire my number. This kind of bothers me, and your name reminded me of it. :(

In the words of JB, "that's why they invented score boards."

Dave, you're outta control tonight. Simmer down, or I am going to make my preseason predictions to include you beating me to Belize this season. ;)

Kaleb should play over cooney. Dude has had 5 years to get it together. He doesn't have it
My sentiments exactly. Kaleb playing better than fifth year senior...at least so far.

Exhibition 1: 22 assists
Exhibition 2: 23 assists
Tonight: 13 assists
I think we get a few back considering how many open shots we missed tonight, but the passing wasn't nearly as fluid. More cutters and more drives to the basket. Less iso threes, but it's good to know Malachi is not afraid to pull the trigger. He, KJ and G bailed us out a few times on fairly unproductive possessions. But I hope we get better possessions so that doesn't have to be the case.

Dave, you're outta control tonight. Simmer down, or I am going to make my preseason predictions to include you beating me to Belize this season. ;)

What's the over/under on how may times our accounts get suspended this season?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom