Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread

I have to say, I am tad shocked at how bad we played that half.

Lydon and White continuing to miss open jumpers.

Gillon, he gets a pass, this a tough match-up for him. He's streaky, maybe we get a great second half?

Battle, awesome early, then went for his a bit too much - but our only solid performance.

Roberson and Thompson were laughably bad. Walk-on level bad. Actually, sub walk-on level performances. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Howard. Yuck.

The passing this game has been horrendous - bad passes, missing passes we should see.

Just what we don't need ... a non-competitive blow out on national TV. I can just hear all the committee members watching the game saying, Cuse stinks.

I have to say, I am tad shocked at how bad we played that half.

Lydon and White continuing to miss open jumpers.

Gillon, he gets a pass, this a tough match-up for him. He's streaky, maybe we get a great second half?

Battle, awesome early, then went for his a bit too much - but our only solid performance.

Roberson and Thompson were laughably bad. Walk-on level bad. Actually, sub walk-on level performances. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Howard. Yuck.

The passing this game has been horrendous - bad passes, missing passes we should see.

How can u be shocked? This team is laughably bad on the road, and Louisville is always a nightmare matchup for us. This had blowout written all over it.

Do you really think that Lydon has played well today? Honest opinion, please.
No. 1-5 on 3-pointers. Yes, good rebounding. 1 of his 3 baskets due to nice Gillon pass. Of course, compared to White, Gillon, Thompson, and Roberson, he's been fantastic.

We must make sacrificial offerings before games at home that we aren't allowed to do on the road.

I still think we make a game of it in the second half. Someone will score besides Battle and Lydon.

Tee, where are you at? It's time for some positivity! Let's make a game out of this.

White has taken 3 shots. Word is out...deny White the ball, he doesn't move much to get it. Don't think this will change in ACC games.

Ehhhh. Wouldn't take those guys over him but he is soft.

He is who he is, probably a guy who'd be best at as a second or third option. If he leaves we have one legit scoring option next year and that's Battle.
Is Lydon a scoring option? He can't create his own shot and scores on post moves 1/4 attempts right near the basket. He's a stretch 4 who's scared to shoot.

I'll retract my statement and say I'd rather have him back, yes that was hyperbole, but he's not that good.. Right now, hes a tall guy who can shoot.

We've looked horrible for long stretches and have been down double figures in almost every game this ACC year. We have usually made a run, sometimes in improbable fashion.

This one would probably be most improbable of all if we can get back in this and get in position to win it.

I still think we make a game of it in the second half. Someone will score besides Battle and Lydon.

I hope so but doubtful. Are you surprised by this? You seemed to think UL wasn't a bad matchup for us if I remember correctly and disregarded how poorly they played in Syracuse. Don Pitino was going to have these guys ready to play today.

Lydon has 9 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals

Rest of the team has 18 points (Battle 14 of them), 7 rebounds and 2 steals.

Yet it's a constant Lydon bashing fest going on as usual. Doesn't surprise me on this board.
9 points from 2,000 possessions.
Weigh his productivity/efficiency, factoring in his responsibility. He hasn't been good. I don't agree with 'bashing' him, but you can't really defend him either.

Are you surprised by this? You seemed to think UL wasn't a bad matchup for us if I remember correctly and disregarded how poorly they played in Syracuse.

I thought we would shoot better than we have today. It hasn't happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom