Your SU 5 player Street Pickup lineup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your SU 5 player Street Pickup lineup

you pick 5 all time Syracuse players in a pick up city street basketball environment, half court, fastest to 21 wins.

Who do you pick?

(Because i started watching only 20 years ago)

Scoop
Devo
Melo
Hak
Christmas

Hard not to include Dion or Flynn. Going for a blend of attitude and finesse

Pearl
Waiters
Carmelo
Owens
Coleman

2nd team:
Lloyd
Devendorf
Harris
Wallace
McRae

3rd team:
Flynn
Edelin
D. Johnson
Warrick
Hill

Last edited:
Somewhat surprised not to see mentioned of Donte Green (he’s been out of shape in TBT) or McNeil if not for intimidation alone

For those of you who don't know, Conrad "McNasty" McRae was (is) LITERALLY a streetball legend.

The 25 Greatest Streetball Players of All Time24. Conrad McRae

He was in the original And1 Mixtape, check him out going against the best of NYC at 7:46 (block), 11:59 (dunk), 12:06 (4 dunks!) and 12:46 (dunk) marks among a few others. Legendary.

Last edited:
Dion
Devo
Battle
Carmelo
Fab Melo

3 guard line-up, but 3 tough guards who can get theirs. Fab Melo at the rim for defense. Carmelo does it all.

Pearl
DC
Devo
Melo
Myself

Can I pick myself as the 5th guy. I suck but by the time I got down the court Pearl would have already scored himself, thrown a lob to DC or hit Melo in stride trailing for a tomahawk. Also on defense I would just rely on DC blocking the shot every time my man beat me down. If this is not allowed my 5th player would be:

Dion

Pearl
DC
Devo
Melo
Myself

Can I pick myself as the 5th guy. I suck but by the time I got down the court Pearl would have already scored himself, thrown a lob to DC or hit Melo in stride trailing for a tomahawk. Also on defense I would just rely on DC blocking the shot every time my man beat me down. If this is not allowed my 5th player would be:

Dion
Only if you run the perimeter like Cooney