Your SU 5 player Street Pickup lineup | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Your SU 5 player Street Pickup lineup

Are you mixing Herron up with Tyrone Albright? I could be wrong, but I feel like you are.

Both were two of our better walkons though, IMO.

I know Ty was local but could have sworn it was Ronneil I saw an article about him playing pick up ball a ton. Must have been Ty then.

Bing should be in everyone’s top 5. Don’t care if you never seen him play. He’s one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. ALL TIME. He would destroy any other SU streetball lineup.

P
you pick 5 all time Syracuse players in a pick up city street basketball environment, half court, fastest to 21 wins.

Who do you pick?

(Because i started watching only 20 years ago)

Scoop
Devo
Melo
Hak
Christmas

Hard not to include Dion or Flynn. Going for a blend of attitude and finesse
Pearl
Dion
Melo
Owens
DC

Would crush

DC would destroy PH. The SU FB TEAM was afraid of DC. The whole team. Dude was crazy.

DC once tossed Daryl Johnston onto the hood of a car.

Delone Carter, DC, Paul Harris, Rick Jackson and a snowball

you pick 5 all time Syracuse players in a pick up city street basketball environment, half court, fastest to 21 wins.

Who do you pick?

(Because i started watching only 20 years ago)

Scoop
Devo
Melo
Hak
Christmas

Hard not to include Dion or Flynn. Going for a blend of attitude and finesse

PG: Pearl - the ultimate Brooklyn streetballer.
SG: Dion, Philly tough.
SF: Carmelo, Baltimore.
PF: Derrick Coleman, Detroit
C: Etan Thomas

That team would beat anyone.

Glad you guys have enjoyed the thread. I’ve always believed our core recruitment area of Philly, CNY, WNY, NYC, Brooklyn, Baltimore and Detroit has given us a competitive edge. Players like Scoop , dion and devo always seemed to have a bit more finesse due to the chip on their shoulder. I think many people undervalue the physicality still present today in the ACC compared to the old bigeast. Teams like Fsu, georgia tech, unc, notre dame and others still try to beat us through attrition and physicality.

I find it very promising our next young leader (JC) comes from NYC and seems to have the swagger and grit to show it.

DC would destroy PH. The SU FB TEAM was afraid of DC. The whole team. Dude was crazy.

there is a valid reason for the fear. ask DeRiggi, lol.

I was there

Derrick was/is a baaaaad man

Starters: Dion. Tony red bruin John Wallace. Rick Jackson. Derrick Coleman.

Bench: Andre Hawkins. Scoop. Gene Waldron. Derrick brower. Devo

I'm thinking Paul Harris and Lawrence Moten would both be superstar street ball players.

Glad you guys have enjoyed the thread. I’ve always believed our core recruitment area of Philly, CNY, WNY, NYC, Brooklyn, Baltimore and Detroit has given us a competitive edge. Players like Scoop , dion and devo always seemed to have a bit more finesse due to the chip on their shoulder. I think many people undervalue the physicality still present today in the ACC compared to the old bigeast. Teams like Fsu, georgia tech, unc, notre dame and others still try to beat us through attrition and physicality.

I find it very promising our next young leader (JC) comes from NYC and seems to have the swagger and grit to show it.
I always felt if you were a top player in the DC, NYC, Philly and Detroit areas, you could ball. I really didn't have to know much more. James Theus got a lot of grief from fans, but he was a pretty good player.

Pearl
Harris
Owens
Coleman
Conrad
All about getting to the rim in
streetball.

LOMO was also an excellent DB in HS. roomed with marvin graves. showed great anticipation and quickness on D. and was a baseline assassin.

there is a valid reason for the fear. ask DeRiggi, lol.

I was there

Derrick was/is a baaaaad man
There's a really good follow up story that I've heard about this incident. Might be part lore...but allegedly Coach Mac went to JB complaining about what happened. JB's response: "maybe you should recruit tougher players".

There's a really good follow up story that I've heard about this incident. Might be part lore...but allegedly Coach Mac went to JB complaining about what happened. JB's response: "maybe you should recruit tougher players".

Heard that story too. Maybe from you. Lol. No idea if it’s fact or fiction.