Zaire Franklin: Things Are Different Around Here | Syracusefan.com

Zaire Franklin: Things Are Different Around Here

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
UVQuUgx5

I think it’s kind of funny that they’re called “upsets.”

I think that term almost makes it seem like somebody won by accident or something.

If you happened to turn on our game against Clemson last Friday — or if you watched any of the coverage after it was over —you probably heard the word upset tossed around quite a bit.

I mean, I get it. I’ve been part of a lot of losses during my time at Syracuse. Close losses, embarrassing losses and everything in between. So I forgive the casual college football fan who was surprised by Syracuse winning a big game.

But our team wasn’t surprised. Well, maybe a little, but definitely not shocked...

Things Are Different Around Here | By Zaire Franklin

UVQuUgx5

I think that term almost makes it seem like somebody won by accident or something.

If you happened to turn on our game against Clemson last Friday — or if you watched any of the coverage after it was over —you probably heard the word upset tossed around quite a bit.

I mean, I get it. I’ve been part of a lot of losses during my time at Syracuse. Close losses, embarrassing losses and everything in between. So I forgive the casual college football fan who was surprised by Syracuse winning a big game.

But our team wasn’t surprised. Well, maybe a little, but definitely not shocked...

Very well done by Zaire

Wow. What a great article and unbelievably mature young man. Cuse!

I’m not sure what he wants to do with his degree. But I could think of worse choices of coming back as a GA and continuing the spreading of the lessons that he has absorbed from his various mentors.

This kid makes you look for a word much more appropriate than special. He is truly a gem and makes me unbelievably proud to share the orange connection with him.

If my 2 month old ends up with half of the maturity and character that Zaire has demonstrated on The Hill, I will be ecstatic.

Articles like this really make it easy to root for this team and this coaching staff.

Especially powerful, coming on the heels of last week's big win. I'm so excited about the future direction of our program -- what a terrific time to be a 'Cuse football fan!

Let's Go Orange!!!

What a tremendous leader. Zaire is going down as one of my all time favorites for the person he is off the field and player he is on it. I went through a lot of emotions reading that - even a little teary eyed.

This is getting to the point that is exceeding my hopes. The amount of attention that is coming from Friday night is unparalleled in modern times for Syracuse football.

Please find this Players Tribune on Twitter and Facebook. Click the link, like the post, share the post, retweet. Show these outlets that Cuse is a driver of content.

God I wish Cam Lynch played for Dino too.

We've been blessed with some real alpha's at linebacker despite lack of W's in the 2000s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom