Zaire Franklin: Things Are Different Around Here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zaire Franklin: Things Are Different Around Here

Nice article by Zaire. I am pretty sure he is playing with a separated shoulder, and has been for several games now.

They say the don't make them like they used to. They are wrong.

Zaire is old school. So glad he stayed around and lobbied others on the team to stay as well. Proud he will soon join me as a Syracuse graduate.

I lived in Philly for 30 years and understand the mind set and work ethic of the city. In many areas there is no father around and the women are the anchor of the family. God bless the women in Zaire's life. You "done good."

Nice article by Zaire. I am pretty sure he is playing with a separated shoulder, and has been for several games now.

Zaire is old school. So glad he stayed around and lobbied others on the team to stay as well. Proud he will soon join me as a Syracuse graduate.

Don't you just pop a separated shoulder in and keep playing? Honest question. My fraternity brother used to separate his shoulder quite often (I saw it happen twice). He was able to pop it back in by himself and acted as if nothing happened.

Damn, I started tearing up surrounding the story of his mother and grandmother. What a great young man who has overcome so much in life.

This guy is going to be a great leader, whether it is on the football field or any other path he chooses to pursue.

We should be thankful that he chose SU, and to any of his under classmates, this is the guy you want to emulate in life.

Completely agree with everything and I'm happy someone else actually noticed that he's playing hurt. Z is a warrior.

Amazing article. Love The Players' Tribune and am so happy to see a Syracuse article on it.

Don't you just pop a separated shoulder in and keep playing? Honest question. My fraternity brother used to separate his shoulder quite often (I saw it happen twice). He was able to pop it back in by himself and acted as if nothing happened.
No you're thinking dislocated shoulder at the glenohumeral joint. This is an A/C (acromioclvacular) joint problem that we grade either 1, 2, or 3 sprains. Milder grade ones are flexible re playing. Brutal though especially at that position. Guys a warrior.

Excellent read. I had the pleasure of talking with Zaire and his coach after the spring game that year. I talked to them for 5 minutes. I had no idea what he was going through at the time. Whats interesting is after the talk I got this great feeling and knew he would commit to SU. What a great kid. He deserves everything he gets.

btw Varsity philly steak is also my favorite. It's that or the hundinger

Last edited:
I think you might be thinking of a dislocated shoulder? Separated shoulder is different.

What an incredibly well-written, emotional, and powerful article. I'm proud that Zaire came to this university and even prouder he will walk away with his degree. This young man is what college athletics should be all about.

That is a very special young man. Born to lead. Very powerful and moving article. Very clear why he is a 3 time captain. Hope we get to a bowl so all that blood sweat and tears pays off!

I found his words on Dino very interesting. They way he characterized Dino’s command and told the story. It almost makes me think in a few years Zaire may realize he embodies many of the traits that he explained so eloquently here. Leadership is a part of who some people are, and Dino and Zaire share that quality.

I graduated SU 28 years ago and I still crave Varsity's pizza. As far as Zaire, he is everything that you would want in a student-athlete, and in a person in general. Amazing young man.

I think you might be thinking of a dislocated shoulder? Separated shoulder is different.

I am an idiot. Think you are correct.

God I wish Cam Lynch played for Dino too.

We've been blessed with some real alpha's at linebacker despite lack of W's in the 2000s.

He may have passed Cam Lynch as my favorite player over the last 10 years.

Excellent read. I had the pleasure of talking with Zaire and his coach after the spring game that year. I talked to them for 5 minutes. I had no idea what he was going through at the time. Whats interesting is after the talk I got this great feeling and knew he would commit to SU. What a great kid. He deserves everything he gets.

btw Varsity philly steak is also my favorite. It's that or the humdinger
Oh man that Hundinger, best thing at varsity

What an amazing person. Talk about role model. He will be a success in life no matter what he does.

From a football standpoint - It won't be easy to replace his on field performance, but that won't be nothing when you think of having to replace his leadership. Dungey may be the star of the team, but Zaire is the heart and soul.

I have a feeling Syracuse has picked up some random fans around the country these last few weeks. It's really, really hard not to root for the them. This article exemplifies that.

Dino's locker room speeches are viral.

Fug, it feels good.

The only way to improve that article is for Zaire to read it aloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom