“F Syracuse” | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

“F Syracuse”

Every time I think I can't love Fran Brown more, he proves me wrong. Love what he said post game and love how the team clearly took this personally and stood on business. They did their jobs to get ready and be fired up, handled their business, and then more or less told GT to .

IMG_2018.gif

This seems extreme.
He allowed one of his players to make a bulletin board outburst, he was arrogant in his approach to preparing to play Cuse and was way outclassed by Fran Brown throughout the lead up to the game and afterward when he refused to name our outstanding players! Call him what you will, to me, he’s a fool!

FWIW, Kevin Harris (the GTech player that was bleeped-out at the pregame presser) claims he didn't say "F-Syracuse"... He claims all he said was "Sh|t":

Need the un-bleeped vid at this point...

FWIW, Kevin Harris (the GTech player that was bleeped-out at the pregame presser) claims he didn't say "F-Syracuse"... He claims all he said was "Sh|t":

BS. Watch the video. That's the not the finishing state of his mouth. Doesn't look he said the word Syracuse either though.

Plus the entire crowd of reporters immediately reacts in laughter/surprise.

There's no way that a kid doing an impression of Clay Davis in the Wire and essentially saying 'Shhiiiiiiiiiit' gets a group of adults to react that way. It makes no sense in the context of where he is, and they'd likely have zero reaction to that.

Now, if the kid actually says '-k Syracuse' in front of his Head Coach in a PC about the Syracuse game, that seems like the reaction they would collectively have.

I'm not even sure why he would make up a lie now that the game is over.

So it's BS that he said "Sh|t" but also he didn't say "Syracuse" ??
Right, his mouth doesn't look like he said anything resembling a drawn out shiiii... but it also doesn't look like whatever he is saying ends in Syracuse, there's also a small audio piece that wasn't bleeped out that doesn't have the ...'use sound. The conversation is regarding McCord and I'm wondering if he said something specifically about him. Like F McCord or F him or something.

Funny as he had some poor performance on the field too.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy this board. Questions get asked and I have fun looking for the answers. Apparently it comes from Macbeth.

The phrase "one fell swoop" comes from Shakespeare's Macbeth, where he compares the murder of Macbeth's wife and children to a hawk swooping down on its prey. The word "fell" in the original context meant cruel or ruthless.

The word "fell" comes from the Old French word fel, which comes from the Middle Latin word fello, meaning "villain" or "traitor".
I haven't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone else caught this, but it's Macduff's wife and children who get murdered. I teach the play. Otherwise, awesome research!

I haven't read the rest of the thread to know if anyone else caught this, but it's Macduff's wife and children who get murdered. I teach the play. Otherwise, awesome research!
Replying to myself to say that it indeed was caught and my comment is redundant. Sorry, folks.

Is that the secret origin story of MacDuff the crime dog?

Funny as he had some poor performance on the field too.
sounds like he's trying to walk it back. Everything is fun and games until you lose the game. I wouldn’t expect such foolishness from GTech, it's a good school, not a bozo school. But the team takes on the character of its bozo coach apparently.

Last edited:
sounds like he's trying to walk it back. Everything is fun and games until you lose the game. I wouldn’t expect such foolishness from GA. Tech, it's a good school not a bozo school. But the team takes on the character of its bozo coach apparently.
I agree. I'm looking at this after the game, and yeah he had some good plays, and definite a leader, but he had average performance, and got shutdown more than he did anything as well. I get the hype and stuff, but Fran is right about the respect perspective... He was cool with everything didn't trash anything, but they did all through it.

The video of the one GT review definite props and respect for. And like everyone else said, there are good peeps, bad peeps, bottom and top of the barrel all around on how to act with the opposite team and fans. Saw it a lot on away games. This is nothing new, but usually it will come with some of the attitude by a team that beat a bigger one, and now we are that team too over GT, so I know we will fall in some of the same pit as a result as well.

Every time I think I can't love Fran Brown more, he proves me wrong. Love what he said post game and love how the team clearly took this personally and stood on business. They did their jobs to get ready and be fired up, handled their business, and then more or less told GT to .

Agreed. This guy is everything I want in a coach. Intense, fiery, confident and transparent - says what’s on his mind, who wears a little of his emotion on his sleeve. Might prove to not be a very good coach, but I sure love this side of him. I think it resonates well to Upstate and who we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom