“Let’s leave early crowd” | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

“Let’s leave early crowd”

I’m going to assume you are either new here or you haven’t been paying attention but we are called cardiac Cuse for a reason. Usually that’s applied to our basketball team but until Shrader graduates, you are on notice. THE ENTIRE 3 rows behind me completely cleared out for the final drive… I’m spent, emotionally.

But even though I wrote this post to make you feel sad (and I hope you are sad) for leaving early. I also want to remind you that the 15 mins you save “beating traffic” is a slap in the face for the kids that bust their ass for this team and program. I sat through every quarter of Greg Robinson, least you can do is watch a good team play to the buzzer.

3-0 bring on Bama!

Edit: spelling I’m drunk
I got particularly mad watching the students clear out while the players were trying to sing the alma mater

I get more annoyed when drunk fans are making beer runs or pit stops every 10 to 15 minutes during the game and they don't care about the down or spilling beers walking past you and your kids. Then they have stupid grins on their mugs and are like sorry I have had to much to drink...really? No schit? You don't say.

I get more annoyed when drunk fans are making beer runs or pit stops every 10 to 15 minutes during the game and they don't care about the down or spilling beers walking past you and your kids. Then they have stupid grins on their mugs and are like sorry I have had to much to drink...really? No schit? You don't say.
What sucks is when you’re kinda hammered and you go make that last beer run before they stop serving and you’re coming back and some guys like, “its 4th down, get out of the way” or “stop spilling beer on my kids.” Like, sorry dude, don’t be kill joy, I smiled and said I was sorry.

Even if I was at something I didn’t care at all about, I’d feel like a complete jerk if I was climbing in front of people and walking in front of them as they tried to enjoy the end of something they were really into.(game, play, movie, etc.)

But you’re right, most people don’t give a crap about being rude or bothering anyone else.
Rude? If someone paid to buy a ticket to get into a game it isn't "rude" if they want to leave in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

I don't know, I just don't see it the same way

I have never left a game early, no matter the score or weather. If I paid for 9 innings, 4 quarters or 2 halves I stay to the very end to get my money's worth.

What sucks is when you’re kinda hammered and you go make that last beer run before they stop serving and you’re coming back and some guys like, “its 4th down, get out of the way” or “stop spilling beer on my kids.” Like, sorry dude, don’t be kill joy, I smiled and said I was sorry.
You truely are unencumbered by the thought process...bravo!

If I could like this 10x, I would give them all to this post.

I went to the North Carolina game in 2018 and by the time overtime started our whole group of about 12 guys could pretty much move wherever we wanted. It was the greatest game I had ever seen live

And all the fans that left early to make a half-hour jump on traffic missed the whole experience. It's absolutely not worth it at all

It must be so nice to have so much disposable income that you can spend all that money on tickets and take off at the end of the 3rd quarter. It's absolutely a study in psychology. No other place on the U.S. is like it

But this was an all-time classic win. And I don't want to keep raining on the parade. Go Cuse!
I left early from the 2018 UNC game. I also had somewhere else to be at 4 and milked it to the last second possible, but still regret it.

I left early from the 2018 UNC game. I also had somewhere else to be at 4 and milked it to the last second possible, but still regret it.
Ah, man. Great game. Birth of the legend of Devito.

Rude? If someone paid to buy a ticket to get into a game it isn't "rude" if they want to leave in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

I don't know, I just don't see it the same way
If they step in front of me forcing me to back up and turn my feet sideways and lean against the bleachers while I’m fuming over Purdue take the lead, it is.

I’m going to assume you are either new here or you haven’t been paying attention but we are called cardiac Cuse for a reason. Usually that’s applied to our basketball team but until Shrader graduates, you are on notice. THE ENTIRE 3 rows behind me completely cleared out for the final drive… I’m spent, emotionally.

But even though I wrote this post to make you feel sad (and I hope you are sad) for leaving early. I also want to remind you that the 15 mins you save “beating traffic” is a slap in the face for the kids that bust their ass for this team and program. I sat through every quarter of Greg Robinson, least you can do is watch a good team play to the buzzer.

3-0 bring on Bama!

I was so exhausted by the end of that game! (Hence, my zombie-stare, Dick!)

My daughter said the game was like going to church - sit down, stand up, sit down, stand up - but we helped that defense ruin 3 or 4 of their plays with time-outs, procedure calls, false starts, etc.

It was glorious to have that kind of impact on a game, but it is freaking exhausting!!

Plenty of "fans" here checked out early on the Gameday thread.

Props to those who hung in there and kept looking for a way to win.

3-0 bring on Bama!

To be honest I saw nobody leave early around me. And we had some very young children in the section 334. I moved up from my usual 333 because I had extra people with me .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom