“Let’s leave early crowd” | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“Let’s leave early crowd”

On tv, it looked like a good chunk if people left at halftime. At first I thought it was just people coming back late from halftime bathroom/food/beer runs but that wasn't the case

The concern about what other fans do and what makes a true fan is crazy. The important thing is buying the ticket. Next going to the game and not being a jerk. Whatever happens in between is an individual choice - gotta leave early, thanks for coming see you next week. Our rush to judgement on what makes a good fan is insane.
I moved to a new section for the 4th after running into a friend at the end of the third. Hope the super fans in my section didn't think I left...oh and if they do and judge me as a lesser fan, tough s--t.

People can leave if they want but just think, it could have been even louder on some of those Purdue 3rd downs!

I had tickets to the Syracuse - Georgetown basketball game in 2018, and it was the first game I took my kids (at the time 4 and 2) to see. With about five minutes left in the game I knew we were close to crossing “this was a great time with dad” to “I’m never going again” territory with both of them, so I left at the 4 minute timeout and listened to the rest on my phone and car radio. I never got why people would leave early until that day…now it doesn’t bother me when I see it because I have no idea what’s going on in lives of fans that are leaving.

P.S. Both have framed articles from the paper on Battle’s game winning shot in their bedrooms. We’ll be going back for Syracuse - Georgetown this year; now they’re old enough and interested enough we’ll be able to stay to the end.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom