#1? | Syracusefan.com

#1?

iommi

Living Legend
I liked what I saw from Ashton today...wish I saw him in the first half too... He didn't make any big plays but he caught the ball (a problem in the pre-seaon for him) and made some guys miss. I'm not sure why HCDM seemed to limit him so much with the basic plays he used him on (and the amount of plays he was in the game)...I would've liked to see what he could in the Stallion for maybe 3-4 plays.

I liked what I saw from Ashton today...wish I saw him in the first half too... He didn't make any big plays but he caught the ball (a problem in the pre-aseon for him) and made some guys miss. I'm not sure why HCDM seemed to limit him so much with the basic plays he used him on (and the amount of plays he was in the game)...I would've liked to see what he could in the Stallion for maybe 3-4 plays.

he actually looked like a high end D-1 football player. we have too few of them.

he actually looked like a high end D-1 football player. we have too few of them.

This. Kid is an absolute thoroughbred. If he isnt getting 10-15 touches a game by Big East play, he would have been better served getting redshirted.

This. Kid is an absolute thoroughbred. If he isnt getting 10-15 touches a game by Big East play, he would have been better served getting redshirted.

Why cant he run the read option? At least it makes it an "option".

In fairness, today was the kid's first game, and the offense was clicking without him.

Loved what I saw from him, though--my expectation is that we'll see a lot MORE of him in upcoming weeks, as he continues to gain experience and the coaches' trust.

In fairness, today was the kid's first game, and the offense was clicking without him.

Loved what I saw from him, though--my expectation is that we'll see a lot MORE of him in upcoming weeks, as he continues to gain experience and the coaches' trust.
I agree but with all the injuries I thought he'd see more time...can't argue with all the offense we put up today...wow, I'm so deflated we lost that game. Would've been a huge lift for the team on a national stage to come all the way back and win.

Sean Keeley (@NunesMagician)
9/1/12 4:28 PM
@OrangeFeed @JeremyRyan44 He said that Northwestern made adjustments that took away Broyld opps.

That didn't take long. Pretty pathetic that it took a half to shut him down.

He's good for sure. I'd like to see him shed just a couple of pounds. Use him like how the Pats use Hernandez and how the Falcons are using Julio Jones now. He's gonna be nice.

I know we had 600 yards of offense today, but something still didnt feel very right about it to me. I felt more uncomfortable with the offense (as I come into each series feeling like the last series is going to play out) than I felt comfortable. I mean it was a struggle for most of the first half. 2 early fgs should have been td drives. got the bomb on a play where the defender fell down...I dont know, just not "sold" yet. I feel like USC will make us feel like we took a giant step back (which I think wont tell the whole story).

I agree but with all the injuries I thought he'd see more time...can't argue with all the offense we put up today...wow, I'm so deflated we lost that game. Would've been a huge lift for the team on a national stage to come all the way back and win.

Deflated is a great way to put it--I feel the same way.

The one thing I'm encouraged by is how the offense played WITHOUT Pugh and Lemon. We'll continue to get better when they get integrated into the offense. OL and offense in general looked a lot better than they have in years. Years.

Defense made some mistakes, but they held a good, diversified offense to a reasonable yardage total. If they can cut down on the mental miscues, I think the D will be much improved, too.

Don't get me started on special teams. Poor coverage, missed FG, etc. On a positive note, the kickoffs themselves look better [Norton got the job done].

I know this is going to sound optimistic / glass half full, but I think we look like a bowl team. Need to continue to get better, cut down on the dumb mistakes, etc. This team can score points and win games.

I know we had 600 yards of offense today, but something still didnt feel very right about it to me. I felt more uncomfortable with the offense (as I come into each series feeling like the last series is going to play out) than I felt comfortable. I mean it was a struggle for most of the first half. 2 early fgs should have been td drives. got the bomb on a play where the defender fell down...I dont know, just not "sold" yet. I feel like USC will make us feel like we took a giant step back (which I think wont tell the whole story).

I worry about injuries vs USC. I hope TJ McDonald never gets a clean shot on Clark or Kobena.

Deflated is a great way to put it--I feel the same way.

The one thing I'm encouraged by is how the offense played WITHOUT Pugh and Lemon. We'll continue to get better when they get integrated into the offense. OL and offense in general looked a lot better than they have in years. Years.

Defense made some mistakes, but they held a good, diversified offense to a reasonable yardage total. If they can cut down on the mental miscues, I think the D will be much improved, too.

Don't get me started on special teams. Poor coverage, missed FG, etc. On a positive note, the kickoffs themselves look better [Norton got the job done].

I know this is going to sound optimistic / glass half full, but I think we look like a bowl team. Need to continue to get better, cut down on the dumb mistakes, etc. This team can score points and win games.
Good post but looking at our schedule...It will be tough to get 6 wins without this one. Need to beat SB, Minny , Rutgers and UConn and steal a couple more. It will be tough.

I don't know--I felt pretty comfortable with the offense today. We had a TON of long drives. How many of those did we have last year? We were playing without our top WR, and other guys stepped up. The line has been for years, and they looked somewhat average today--which would be solid improvement.

I'm not suggesting that we're going to get 600 yards every game, but think about the past few years where we've struggled so much to score and move the ball consistently. I saw something different out there today that gives me hope we're going to score more points and be tougher to defend.

Good post but looking at our schedule...It will be tough to get 6 wins without this one. Need to beat SB, Minny , Rutgers and UConn and steal a couple more. It will be tough.

I figured we'd win 7 [including today]. RAhme in the chat on Thursday predicted 8 wins, with us beating Pitt, Buttgers, Uconn, and Temple. Definitely need at least three of those wins.

I worry about injuries vs USC. I hope TJ McDonald never gets a clean shot on Clark or Kobena.

I try to be pretty optimistic, but my big worry about that game is what a shellacking will do to the mindset of a team that lost a game they should have won (easily) and then gets blown out. I know upsets happen, but I am really struggling to figure how that game is within 30+ points.

I figured we'd win 7 [including today]. RAhme in the chat on Thursday predicted 8 wins, with us beating Pitt, Buttgers, Uconn, and Temple. Definitely need at least three of those wins.
I meant to add Temple to list of must-wins.

I try to be pretty optimistic, but my big worry about that game is what a shellacking will do to the mindset of a team that lost a game they should have won (easily) and then gets blown out. I know upsets happen, but I am really struggling to figure how that game is within 30+ points.
Barkley and those receivers will be licking their chops...I'd sign up for a 17 point loss.

I worry about Nassib. Seriously, if he runs that slow up the middle like he did today, it's a matter of when not if.

I don't know--I felt pretty comfortable with the offense today. We had a TON of long drives. How many of those did we have last year? We were playing without our top WR, and other guys stepped up. The line has been **** for years, and they looked somewhat average today--which would be solid improvement.

I'm not suggesting that we're going to get 600 yards every game, but think about the past few years where we've struggled so much to score and move the ball consistently. I saw something different out there today that gives me hope we're going to score more points and be tougher to defend.

I hear ya. I was impressed with the long drives, although I pull my hair out after 10 five yard passes. And on alot of those we needed help (usually in the form of a terrible PI penalty by their dbs. I guess I would be more comfortable with a couple of gamebreakers out there. I thought the big RB for us looked good on a couple runs and then they went away from him. Gulley had a nice couple too.

Barkley and those receivers will be licking their chops...I'd sign up for a 17 point loss.

Just throw the ball out there on those WR screens. We SUCK at defending and tackling those. Both Woods and Lee go over 100.

I worry about Nassib. Seriously, if he runs that slow up the middle like he did today, it's a matter of when not if.

Yep, Nassib too. I think he has adequate speed though, in general.

Yeah, USC will bubble screen us to death...and whevwevstart jumping the routes...they will hit us with the hr ball.

Yep, Nassib too. I think he has adequate speed though, in general.

Nassib surprised me with his speed in tracking down the player who had the interception.

Nassib surprised me with his speed in tracking down the player who had the interception.
It was less his speed than Ryan taking a very smart angle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom