12 Commits: What Scares Me | Syracusefan.com

12 Commits: What Scares Me

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Realistically 9 are for D (all solid) and only 3 are for the O.

Dino and our skills recruiters are in A deep deep hole to fill some spots and maintain depth/a future for our O.

Is this not a glaring concern? Can any of the more recruiting/football coach savvy contributors provide some insight?

I see a powerhouse D building and nothing on O besides our line. Some of our frosh wideouts may be promising? I don’t know.

When Dino gets canned, most of these kids will flip anyways.

The next HC will be starting from scratch.
You’re probably right. The thing is other than a diamond here and there (Tucker) comes to mind he hasn’t shown that he can recruit solid players for the offense anyway. And if you’re recruiting projects and you don’t develop them does it really make a difference? Main problem I think is there really is no offense to recruit for. We don’t use the tight ends other than to block and we don’t seem to flood the middle of the field with receivers. Everything is pretty much down the sideline or quick passes to the edge.

Syracuse football has been in a deep deep hole for the past two decades, other than a few good years sprinkled in here or there. College football is an arms race and a small, private college in the Northeast doesn’t have the ability to compete in the arms race. Best course of action is to have extremely low expectations and run the football program as a revenue center based on their membership in a P5 conference.

Dino has not and can’t recruit playmakers. The first two years our playmakers were recruited by another coach. We‘ve had none the past two years.

Dino has not and can’t recruit playmakers. The first two years our playmakers were recruited by another coach. We‘ve had none the past two years.

Sean Tucker says hello.

I’m talking offense and if anyone thinks there are teams shaking in their boots about the players on this offense you are kidding yourself.

He may have meant that this time but he constantly posts that Babers can't recruit. It's a fallacy.
It’s a fallacy if you think we have ACC offensive talent. Defensively, they have done a good job finding players to fit their scheme.

All that enters the transfer portal isn't gold.
Of course not.

But when you're a new HC joining a program your best bet for immediate impact is from transfers, not incoming freshmen.

When Dino gets canned, most of these kids will flip anyways.

The next HC will be starting from scratch.
Yup...and we will continue to spin our wheels. Stop me if you've heard this before. We fire a coach, recruits flip, players transfer. Year 1 record will stink, and we will say, "just wait for him to get his recruits in there." Year 2, and 3 will still stink, and then we'll hear, but in year 4, no more excuses. He will have a full roster of his recruits. Year 4 will stink, and we'll be shocked that the coach gets a fifth year. That will also stink, and we will begin the process over again.

Syracuse football has been in a deep deep hole for the past two decades, other than a few good years sprinkled in here or there. College football is an arms race and a small, private college in the Northeast doesn’t have the ability to compete in the arms race. Best course of action is to have extremely low expectations and run the football program as a revenue center based on their membership in a P5 conference.
Sadly……..things point in that direction.

Of course not.

But when you're a new HC joining a program your best bet for immediate impact is from transfers, not incoming freshmen.
But the problem with the transfer portal and immediate playing time means the current good players can also transfer out when a new coach is hired. Especially as a new HC usually brings in his own staff.

What a load of BS. Cisco, Trill and Iffy who all signed to the NFL were all in the 2018 class...recruited by Babers.
He was talking offense here, those guys did not play offense right?