$13.4M per year increase. | Syracusefan.com

$13.4M per year increase.

GoSU96

Living Legend
That's what SU realizes from this move, and that's just in TV rights.

$3.6 vs $17M.

We will see if $17M closes the gap enough with the SEC and Big12 to ensure conference stability, but that is one hell of a bump for SU and Pitt.

I think it's telling that without SU and Pitt, it was likely near $12mil, with SU and pitt, $17mil. Those other ACC schools should send a thank you

Any idea how the money is phased in for SU?

It will. I can't believe how many people are now saying that Clemson and FSU are Big 12-2 bound just because a couple million dollars.

I think it's telling that without SU and Pitt, it was likely near $12mil, with SU and pitt, $17mil. Those other ACC schools should send a thank you

And it pretty much solidifies the point that the 12 BE schools that voted against last years TV contract extension are idiots. The BE would have had ACC type numbers and still been viable as it was. It could then have made a move to expand again to anchor football and maybe gotten a slightly bigger deal and been ahead of the ACC. They really screwed the pooch. They should have listened to SU and signed the deal.

Hope they like the bed they made.

It will. I can't believe how many people are now saying that Clemson and FSU are Big 12-2 bound just because a couple million dollars.

Didn't we just leave the BE for a $4 million a year increase?

With that kind of money, Gross can finally go after even bigger-named coaches for non-revenue sports.

John McEnroe for men's tennis? David Beckham for the men's soccer team? Start a golf team and pay Jack Nicklaus to run it?

The sky is the limit!

It's obviously a huge increase for SU, but I'm suprised the ACC didn't get more. I think they got undervalued, again. And it's all three tiers.

You aren't even including the Tier 3 rights they could sell all by themselves. It becomes more than a few million dollars.

You aren't even including the Tier 3 rights they could sell all by themselves. It becomes more than a few million dollars.

this Tier 3 is being blown up more than it's worth. Only a handful of schools can get value out of Tier 3 broadcasting, and Clemson ain't one of them. Maybe FSU is, but who knows.

Didn't we just leave the BE for a $4 million a year increase?

No. Almost $13 mil. The BE never signed a new deal. Had they signed last year's deal the BE teams would have received like $11 mil per school. SU was earning scraps compared to the rest of the market.

No. Almost $13 mil. The BE never signed a new deal. Had they signed last year's deal the BE teams would have received like $11 mil per school.

That's my point. KingOtto implies we left the BE for $4M. We didn't, we left for $13M.

FSU is not going to leave the ACC for a couple, three million more in the Big 12. It ain't happening and people need to stop keeping this rumor alive. It's stupid.

No. Almost $13 mil. The BE never signed a new deal. Had they signed last year's deal the BE teams would have received like $11 mil per school.

I forgot the part where the Big East is never signing a new TV deal ever just because they will get one less than last summer's.

The increase is NOT $13 million. That's intellectually dishonest. The increase is $17 million minus whatever deal the Big East gets. So probably around 5-7 million- still a lot, but not 13 million.

I forgot the part where the Big East is never signing a new TV deal ever just because they will get one less than last summer's.

The increase is NOT $13 million. That's intellectually dishonest. The increase is $17 million minus whatever deal the Big East gets. So probably around 5-7 million- still a lot, but not 13 million.

Fine, call it $7M, but that's double what FSU may get by moving to the Big 12. They aren't going to move for that.

Fine, call it $7M, but that's double what FSU may get by moving to the Big 12. They aren't going to move for that.

Do we know how the Big 12 deal works re: re-negotiating it if they add 2 schools? They got $20 million per school without those two. Even when dividing the pie up by two more schools, if they felt they can make $22-23 million per school, then it becomes leaving for the ability to make $7-8 million more a year.

I think you're right, but don't make the mistake of assuming the people making these decisions use logic to justify any of them.

I think you're right, but don't make the mistake of assuming the people making these decisions use logic to justify any of them.

Sure, but the decision makers use better logic than most of these sports forums and blogs. Some of the nonsense I've read is ridiculous.

One thread has folks stating that FSU is not happy with the ESPN deal. Oh, really? FSU Administration has made a public announcement they aren't happy with a deal that was just announced 5 minutes ago?

No. Almost $13 mil. The BE never signed a new deal. Had they signed last year's deal the BE teams would have received like $11 mil per school. SU was earning scraps compared to the rest of the market.

Depends on what the BE gets. If they get the rumored $13 million a year then we aren't making much more than had we stayed behind. It appears that the difference between the BE and ACC in TV $ is the same as the difference between the B12 and the ACC. That could turn into an issue. Especially since the ACC is locked in at 15 years. If you are Clemson would you rather be in the ACC making $16 million a year or B12 making $24 million?

Actually, I believe the differential is 17 million minus what the BE gets minus the value add of SU and Pitt x 2 (b/c the impact of the SU and Pitt move is double counted)

Differential = $17 mill - (BE take) - ((SU + Pitt value) x 2)

Right now the BE rights contract nets dual sports schools $3.6M. That's the only number that is real. That's the actual, real, no , impact to the revenue line. How's that dishonest?

Right now the BE rights contract nets dual sports schools $3.6M. That's the only number that is real. That's the actual, real, no , impact to the revenue line. How's that dishonest?

Because it's a discussion of new contracts, only one of which exists?

Depends on what the BE gets. If they get the rumored $13 million a year then we aren't making much more than had we stayed behind. It appears that the difference between the BE and ACC in TV $ is the same as the difference between the B12 and the ACC. That could turn into an issue. Especially since the ACC is locked in at 15 years. If you are Clemson would you rather be in the ACC making $16 million a year or B12 making $24 million?

Who is paying the BE $13M a year?

That's what SU realizes from this move, and that's just in TV rights.

$3.6 vs $17M.

We will see if $17M closes the gap enough with the SEC and Big12 to ensure conference stability, but that is one hell of a bump for SU and Pitt.

We did good, but that's not apples to apples.

As I said on the other board, there's no guarantee that the Big East doesn't blow up before that next contract ever gets signed.