13 games left in regular season play...record to get in? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

13 games left in regular season play...record to get in?

I have faith. I have to believe that this team comes together (unfortunately without Kaleb or Chino). Coleman's playing the best he's ever played. Malachi is on a tear and if Lydon ever shoots when he's open and Trevor doesn't shoot when he's not, we got a shot at everybody. There is no team on that list we can't beat when we're on. I gotta believe we have a run in us.

One of the stats that popped for me in the UNC game was that despite our sorry record of 10-6, we were 6-1 with JB at the helm [and 4-5 with Hopkins filling in].

The question becomes: can JB coax more / better productivity out of the team than his fill-in did? Losing to Clemson / Wisconsin were costly, as both were winnable games that we lost at the FT line, allowing both games to go to overtime. The St. John's debacle is another one that we shouldn't have lost.

There are only so many opportunities that this limited team can afford to squander. We'd have to be pretty darn good from here on out. If we go through this gauntlet of next 5 games and emerge relatively intact, we've got a puncher's chance. If we go 0-5 [or something like that], put a fork in it.

Tomorrow will be crucial. It's not that far of a 50/50 game given that wake is at home, and those are the ones we will need to win if we want to think of getting to 8-5 or 9-4.

1-17 and 5 wins.

I view your totals as the "just safe" totals. I think 9-9, with 1 tourney win, is sort of the 50/50 number right now.

Ultimately the strength of the bubble in general is determined by one main factor. How well do the top teams in OOC in an individual P6 conference correlate to the top teams in the regular season in that conference. The lower the correlation and the more the bubble shifts downwards.

I stand corrected. 5 wins in the ACC tourney. And you are right. These are the 'just safe' totals.

I am not really into conspiracy theories, but I think if we are anywhere near the cut off point, we won't be getting in. The committee will move in a punitive way if they have any opportunity. We have become the Oakland Raiders --orange is the new black.

Last edited:
Does anybody truly believe this team can go 9-4 or even 8-5 to get to .500 in ACC play?

@Wake
@Duke
@UVA
v. ND
v. GT
v. VT
v. FSU
@BC
@ L'ville
v. Pitt
v. NC State
@UNC
@ FSU

Let's go ahead and say we can take care of business against GT, VT, BC and NCST. Can we really win the rest of the home games while stealing at least 2 from the other roadies? There is literally no margin for error and we must win all those home games and take at least 1-2 road games besides BC to even be a contender.

I have faith. I have to believe that this team comes together (unfortunately without Kaleb or Chino). Coleman's playing the best he's ever played. Malachi is on a tear and if Lydon ever shoots when he's open and Trevor doesn't shoot when he's not, we got a shot at everybody. There is no team on that list we can't beat when we're on. I gotta believe we have a run in us.

I don't think we can beat Unc Or Duke on the road.

Does anybody truly believe this team can go 9-4 or even 8-5 to get to .500 in ACC play?

@Wake
@Duke
@UVA
v. ND
v. GT
v. VT
v. FSU
@BC
@ L'ville
v. Pitt
v. NC State
@UNC
@ FSU

Let's go ahead and say we can take care of business against GT, VT, BC and NCST. Can we really win the rest of the home games while stealing at least 2 from the other roadies? There is literally no margin for error and we must win all those home games and take at least 1-2 road games besides BC to even be a contender.

I think going 9-4 is going to be very difficult, I need to see what happens tomorrow, before I start go get excited. Beating a really bad Bc team at home doesn't prove that we have turned the corner.

after watching today's game at wake on the road i'd still handicap our chances thus:
chance of getting in ...slim
chance of winning it all... nil.

tbonezone said:
after watching today's game at wake on the road i'd still handicap our chances thus: chance of getting in ...slim chance of winning it all... nil.

Our chances of winning it all were nil before the season started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom