14 of 45 | Syracusefan.com

14 of 45

Our 3-pt shooting the last two games.
White: 5/22

Defense and rebounding aside (obv big issues, too), this is why we lost both games

I suppose one way we could look at this is that it likely has to get better? Amazing to think we could take a top 10 team into OT with those kind of numbers.

It's going to happen. You're going to have games where you don't shoot it well from deep and you are going to lose those games. With this specific team, however, there is no choice but to keep shooting. In fact, they should be shooting more threes

At the end of regulation I was so frustrated. If we just hit close to our game average % wise we win the game simple as that. The shots will start to fall again!

I think the numbers should be 14 of 54 instead of 45, That doesn't make me feel better... All we needed to do was shoot badly instead of God awful and we win, particularly last night.

I think we bounce back this weekend with rested legs and shoot much better. Not saying we will win, but I think we shoot it better.

At the end of regulation I was so frustrated. If we just hit close to our game average % wise we win the game simple as that. The shots will start to fall again!

Louisville is very good guarding the 3 though (like we usually are) so a lot of last night's difficulty had to do with them.

Louisville is very good guarding the 3 though (like we usually are) so a lot of last night's difficulty had to do with them.
yep, #3 in nation 3pt defense

Agreed, at the same time we had at least 3 that were at least half way down the basket and popped back out. Or maybe I am just having memories that I want to have.

I noticed in the 2nd half yesterday that a number of our 3-pt attempts were clanging off the front of the rim (particularlywith White), which is a classic sign of tired legs. Of course, that doesn't explain all of the other misses.

My thought was in the first half we took a ton of contested 3's as a result of their great defense, but in the second half we got more open looks that we bricked.

Defense and rebounding aside (obv big issues, too), this is why we lost both games
Yet somehow they had a chance to steal both games. Really needed to get one of them. Now the pressure is back on. A healthy Battle is a must, on both ends of the court. I'm still hopeful for a 3-1 finish.

Tough to make contested shots. White had a few decent looks last night but to be honest, majority of his shots are contested and tough shots. Someone has to take them in this offense. Would rather it be him than anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom